48 arrests made so far in effort to suppress sale of substandard farm supplies

webfact

48 arrests made so far in effort to suppress sale of substandard farm supplies

BANGKOK, 23 June 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives is continuing to suppress the production and sale of substandard fertilizers and pesticides, with 48 producers and vendors arrested so far.

According to Anan Suwannarat, director-general of the Department of Agriculture, his department has been inspecting sellers of substandard farm supplies, ranging from individual stores to production plants. 48 producers and sellers have been arrested, and 8,000 tons of the substandard items, worth 300 million baht, have been seized.

Mr. Anan explained that in most instances substandard supplies purchased were attributable to direct selling to farmers at cheap prices by sellers who would visit each farming community along with the products loaded on trucks. Direct selling was also made through community leaders.

Farmers can purchase quality supplies at stores that have passed the Department of Agriculture's inspection, Mr. Anan noted, adding that there are 1,495 such stores which are labeled as "Q shops". Information on production, sale and advertising of fake or substandard farm supplies should be reported to the department.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-23 footer_n.gif

or, monsanto has a foot in the door and claims their products are the only one's to be used... for enough grease money, this is possible

Not true. This is a fabrication. The claims targeting Monsanto are based upon ignorance and fear pandering.

I do not like pesticides or herbicides, and the fact is I do my utmost to avoid them. I also avoid factory farmed food, so that means not eating Thai shrimp or "farmed" fish. However, I recognize that without these chemicals, much of SE Asia would be unable to feed itself. Crop yields in Thailand would decrease significantly and Thailand would go from exporter to importer.

If you really want to make a change, speak out against the over planting of rice and encourage substitute crops. Support letting farm land lie fallow for 1-2 years. Encourage farmers to maintain green space and clean water sources on their farms providing a habitat to the natural predators of insects and rodents. Thailand's farmers refuse to support low cost effective environmentally friendly practices. They want a quick and low cost solution. They also want to maximize their incomes. Monsanto meets their demand.

or, monsanto has a foot in the door and claims their products are the only one's to be used... for enough grease money, this is possible

Not true. This is a fabrication. The claims targeting Monsanto are based upon ignorance and fear pandering.

I do not like pesticides or herbicides, and the fact is I do my utmost to avoid them. I also avoid factory farmed food, so that means not eating Thai shrimp or "farmed" fish. However, I recognize that without these chemicals, much of SE Asia would be unable to feed itself. Crop yields in Thailand would decrease significantly and Thailand would go from exporter to importer.

If you really want to make a change, speak out against the over planting of rice and encourage substitute crops. Support letting farm land lie fallow for 1-2 years. Encourage farmers to maintain green space and clean water sources on their farms providing a habitat to the natural predators of insects and rodents. Thailand's farmers refuse to support low cost effective environmentally friendly practices. They want a quick and low cost solution. They also want to maximize their incomes. Monsanto meets their demand.

google this:

https://www.google.be/?gws_rd=ssl#q=150.000+indian+farmers+commit+suicide+because+of+monsanto

gmo makes the intestines of insecs explode

and you think it will have no effect in humans ?

cattle who get GMO, they have to slaughter them early, or they would die before they are ready

as GMO food ... destroys their intestines

GMO food linked to tumors

https://www.google.be/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Genetically+Modified+Foods+(GMO)+Linked+to+Tumors+