Prayut says he does not care about US invitation

Lite Beer

So what exactly is the story here? He got an invitation or he didn't? He's p155d off about not getting an invitation, or he's letting them know he's too busy to save face in the event they don't send one?

I'm reminded of countless micro arguments I had with my first Thai gf, about things that may or may not have happened.....

Take your mascara off general, if something doesn't bother you, then don't go off about it......

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard stuff here... Nothing that surprises its not a Buddha calling its only the US Embassy a country that gave 1000,s to war torn countries and many never returned. Many western countries such as Australia have given also. I understand they see there country as a planet of its own. But thanks must be given pride or not.

the US really need to pull their heads out of their ars*s, they have always thought they were something special when we all know the truth. The president along with a lot of their senators are hopeless, trying to tell everyone else what to do when they are the biggest losers and crims themselves but who really gives a sh*t. What they used to be and what they are now are two totally different things, if I were the general I wouldnt go either, bloody morons.

Wow. Such a case of small d*ck syndrome. Got it bad, eh? You tiny irrelevant country intolerable braggarts were last relevant about 1,000 years ago.

Pretty sure we provided you with a language within the last 250 actually. Please do make an effort to use it correctly, even when conversing on the (British invented) internet.

The British didn't invent the internet. They aren't that smart. They also didn't invent your computer, your monitor, or anything else you're using atm. If you want to stop being a hypocrite, log off.

British English is so yesterday it's pathetic. English is the language of international trade and of the internet and it's done in American English by 5X as many Americans as there are Brits. If you'd like you can order a dictionary of 10,000 new English words brought to us by Americans in the IT revolution.

Get over yourself.

there is only US english because they are incapable of spelling words the right way, has to be dumbed down for them. All you have done is shown us again why you are irrelevant, big heads and think you are better than everyone else, pity you rely on everyone else to save your ars*s when ever you get into sh*t. Being aussie I dont really give a damn about the US, as I said, the general is better off not attending.

Edited by seajae

the US really need to pull their heads out of their ars*s, they have always thought they were something special when we all know the truth. The president along with a lot of their senators are hopeless, trying to tell everyone else what to do when they are the biggest losers and crims themselves but who really gives a sh*t. What they used to be and what they are now are two totally different things, if I were the general I wouldnt go either, bloody morons.

morons? ...only the most powerful and richest country in the world...far from being morons mate.

hahahahaha, richest country in the world, tell us again how much debt you are in, how many billion do you owe china, they own their ars*. The only sensible ones are those that dont care

Whats the matter with everyone? He says if he's asked and available he will go. If he's not asked he won't. Sounds fairly logical to me.

I'm quite enjoying seeing China put US in its place over several issues eg, South China Seas, Human Rights. They are not the powerhouse they once were, and it's about time they realised it.

What happens on 4th July anyway?

I am no fan of some of the US policies and sticking their beaks into everyones business, but to pretend they are not a still not the powerhouse of the world is crazy.

Through variety of politics, behind the scenes manoeuvring, economic sanctions etc etc they can turn the screw on any country in the World if they so wish. As has been proved with Russia's currency issues.

I am sure they could also give China a bloody nose if deemed they required it.

Reinventing history are we again boys ? Have you forgotten it was the French that actually afforded your Liberty ? Hence the statue ? also while we are at it do you remember how the good old Canadians kicked your asses all over the show when you tried to invade the big northern empire ? I'm sure the self promoting (yes Americas biggest asset) didn't teach you that in your fuddled history class ?

Are you not forgetting recent twentieth century history? Without US involvement to save your sorry asses during WWII you would be speaking German and celebrating Hitler's birthday rather than the Queen's.

Whats the matter with everyone? He says if he's asked and available he will go. If he's not asked he won't. Sounds fairly logical to me.

I'm quite enjoying seeing China put US in its place over several issues eg, South China Seas, Human Rights. They are not the powerhouse they once were, and it's about time they realised it.

What happens on 4th July anyway?

I am no fan of some of the US policies and sticking their beaks into everyones business, but to pretend they are not a still not the powerhouse of the world is crazy.

Through variety of politics, behind the scenes manoeuvring, economic sanctions etc etc they can turn the screw on any country in the World if they so wish. As has been proved with Russia's currency issues.

I am sure they could also give China a bloody nose if deemed they required it.

Sir, you need to read 'When China Rules the World' by British scholar Martin Jacques. It was published in 2009, a remarkably comprehensive, intelligent, thorough and systematic study which will probably cause you to change your mind on the subject. If you are interested in having a truly well-informed opinion, that is, rather than a purely emotional/wishful type of thinking.

Everything he predicted in that book is now happening and those who deny it are those who don't realize that the 'world order' is something that is constantly shifting, on a scale much slower than countries of course, but just as inevitably as everything else in the universe.

Reinventing history are we again boys ? Have you forgotten it was the French that actually afforded your Liberty ? Hence the statue ? also while we are at it do you remember how the good old Canadians kicked your asses all over the show when you tried to invade the big northern empire ? I'm sure the self promoting (yes Americas biggest asset) didn't teach you that in your fuddled history class ?

Are you not forgetting recent twentieth century history? Without US involvement to save your sorry asses during WWII you would be speaking German and celebrating Hitler's birthday rather than the Queen's.

Suggest you check out WW2 history. The US only got involved because the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour after having been told it would happen by a British agent that Hoover detested and ignored. And what a great example to humanity he was! Furthermore had the Battle of Britain not already been won it would have all been over while the US was still sitting on its hands as usual.

Edited by Anon999

Suggest you check out WW2 history. The US only got involved because the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour after having been told it would happen by a British agent that Hoover detested and ignored. And what a great example to humanity he was! Furthermore had the Battle of Britain not already been won it would have all been over while the US was still sitting on its hands as usual.

Not true. While I am no fan of Hoover, the fact is that without significant contributions of Lend Lease war material to Britain prior to the US entry into the war they would have been defeated by Germany. Suggest you read "The Arsenal of Democracy: FDR, Detroit and the Epic Quest to Arm America At War by AJ Biame. US public opinion was clearly against entry into the conflict until it was attacked by Japan. Germany declared war against the US following the Japanese attack which was reciprocated by the US. Roosevelt felt the US would have to become involved but it wasn't until Pearl Harbor that US public opinion supported entry into the war. Churchill's memoirs clearly indicate that he felt this was the turning point in the war.

Not true. While I am no fan of Hoover, the fact is that without significant contributions of Lend Lease war material to Britain prior to the US entry into the war they would have been defeated by Germany. Suggest you read "The Arsenal of Democracy: FDR, Detroit and the Epic Quest to Arm America At War by AJ Biame. US public opinion was clearly against entry into the conflict until it was attacked by Japan. Germany declared war against the US following the Japanese attack which was reciprocated by the US. Roosevelt felt the US would have to become involved but it wasn't until Pearl Harbor that US public opinion supported entry into the war. Churchill's memoirs clearly indicate that he felt this was the turning point in the war.

The turning point in the War in Europe was undoubtedly when Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. Later he compounded this by declaring war on the USA after Pearl Harbour - the USA did not declare war on Germany. Meanwhile the UK and the USA remain the closest of allies - so why not drop the invective on both sides?

The turning point in the War in Europe was undoubtedly when Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. Later he compounded this by declaring war on the USA after Pearl Harbour - the USA did not declare war on Germany. Meanwhile the UK and the USA remain the closest of allies - so why not drop the invective on both sides?

not true, the US only joined the war when they discovered that the source of rubber that aided the love affair with automobiles would dry up as the Japanese took Singapore, Burma and all the rubber producing trees. Check the dates, the US joined the war as soon as they found out about the rubber. Most of US citizens wanted their president to throw their lot in with the Germans ( there were a good few - very few- volunteers who flew spitfires in England) it was the lack of rubber and US love of the automobile that was the final straw. Check your dates people, Pearl Harbour was not the big deal, Singapore was and rubber was, otherwise the US would have been cheering for adolph and the rest of em.

not true, the US only joined the war when they discovered that the source of rubber that aided the love affair with automobiles would dry up as the Japanese took Singapore, Burma and all the rubber producing trees. Check the dates, the US joined the war as soon as they found out about the rubber. Most of US citizens wanted their president to throw their lot in with the Germans ( there were a good few - very few- volunteers who flew spitfires in England) it was the lack of rubber and US love of the automobile that was the final straw. Check your dates people, Pearl Harbour was not the big deal, Singapore was and rubber was, otherwise the US would have been cheering for adolph and the rest of em.

Since the US declared war on Japan the morning after Pearl Harbour, and since Hitler had nothing to do with Singapore, Malaysia or rubber, your comment is.... cretinous nonsense.

Reinventing history are we again boys ? Have you forgotten it was the French that actually afforded your Liberty ? Hence the statue [emoji6] also while we are at it do you remember how the good old Canadians kicked your asses all over the show when you tried to invade the big northern empire ? I'm sure the self promoting (yes Americas biggest asset) didn't teach you that in your fuddled history class [emoji3]

What size Tin Hat do you wear?

Wow. Such a case of small d*ck syndrome. Got it bad, eh? You tiny irrelevant country intolerable braggarts were last relevant about 1,000 years ago.

Pretty sure we provided you with a language within the last 250 actually. Please do make an effort to use it correctly, even when conversing on the (British invented) internet.

The British didn't invent the internet. They aren't that smart. They also didn't invent your computer, your monitor, or anything else you're using atm. If you want to stop being a hypocrite, log off.

British English is so yesterday it's pathetic. English is the language of international trade and of the internet and it's done in American English by 5X as many Americans as there are Brits. If you'd like you can order a dictionary of 10,000 new English words brought to us by Americans in the IT revolution.

Get over yourself.

Maybe it should be 4x as many Americans... I belief 1/5 can't read or write!

I wander what actual words the general used that were translated as " i dont care"

Seems a rather big storm in a teacup but then i guess we are talking about yanks.

I must say dear boy i do always have a polite giggle when i hear Thais use the term "chuck wow"

chuck being a stereotypical American name, and ...wow!!

Cant get any more American!

Uncanny how the Thais can choose such very fitting terms for their linguistical terminologys

The Second World War was what took America out of the depression ! by selling the goods to Britain which of course they needed . Bankrupted Britain and then got the world bank as part of the deal ! which as we all know a big printing press came with it ? very smart business move . Concerning the general in sure his responde was a typical Thai answer ...... Up to you ?

well we have discussed the internet, www, the english language, world war 2 and no one seems to have a bloody clue what is corect and what isnt, typical TV, everyone has a good bitch session and nothing constructive comes out of it but it does make interesting reading. About the only thing we can all agree on is that there are bigots in every nation, I may bitch about other countries at times but lets be honest, many deserve it including my own, have to admit though that I have friends from most of them and they are all great people.The only thing left now is to work out what they are going to serve up to all the cretins that do go along to try to suck up, probably good old american big macs and fries..........whistling.gif

Edited by seajae

Get over yourself.

"American english". Are you really serious? Just listen to yourself. All you did was bastardize a language. Wassup? Come on get off your high horse and realise what all other nationalities realise. There are others in this world and its not all about the " Good ol USA".

reads just as well with a few word substitutions:

the Uk really need to pull their heads out of their ars*s, they have always thought they were something special when we all know the truth. The Prime minster along with a lot of their MP's are hopeless, trying to tell everyone else what to do when they are the biggest losers and crims themselves but who really gives a sh*t. What they used to be and what they are now are two totally different things, if I were the general I wouldnt go either, bloody morons.

given im neither pro or anti US or UK, i do wonder what your juvenile rant has to do with the Thai PM and his insecurities as per the OP.

Edited by HooHaa

america is a nation of self promoters , let them as no one else cares .

Yes, and Brits are just so polite and diplomatic as we can see by the constant bashing and complaining they do on here.

being neither from the UK or the US i can say that from the sidelines you both come off as jingoistic knobends.

And i ask again, what does this puerile handbag slinging have to do with the OP?

america is a nation of self promoters , let them as no one else cares .

Yes, and Brits are just so polite and diplomatic as we can see by the constant bashing and complaining they do on here.

being neither from the UK or the US i can say that from the sidelines you both come off as jingoistic knobends.

And i ask again, what does this puerile handbag slinging have to do with the OP?

Nothing actually. There is an unusual amount of America bashing that occurs on this site. It comes out of nowhere as it did in this topic. It is rude and it interrupts and I do get tired of it.

You might like to know that I've been having fun with this due to a sense of payback but I've never actually been angry. That part is internet stuff. Much of this time I've actually been laughing at myself and others.

If I could ever contribute to causing Brits and some Aussie to realize that when they come out of nowhere and bash Americans for sport, they are actually being the rude and uncouth ones despite what they claim I would feel a sense of accomplishment.

BTW, did you know that Microsoft really does have a dictionary of IT terms including slang and all and there are 10,000 words in it? The thing to know is that not one Brit or Aussie on the planet can pronounce any of them correctly. They are American English words. The only true NES people left for the modern era are Americans. cheesy.gifbiggrin.png

LOL.

Edited by NeverSure

"The turning point in the War in Europe was undoubtedly when Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. Later he compounded this by declaring war on the USA after Pearl Harbour - the USA did not declare war on Germany. Meanwhile the UK and the USA remain the closest of allies - so why not drop the invective on both sides?"

There is no invective here but rather a difference of opinion about the history of WW II. Introduction of the industrial might of the US was a turning point in the war for Europe. The development of long range bombers with high payload capacity like the B-17 and B-29 allowed the Allies to begin bombing the factories in occupied Europe that fueled the Nazi war machine. It is not flag waving nor an attempt to get the demagogues who inhabit TV riled up but rather a difference of opinion about history. Reasonable people can disagree.

"The turning point in the War in Europe was undoubtedly when Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. Later he compounded this by declaring war on the USA after Pearl Harbour - the USA did not declare war on Germany. Meanwhile the UK and the USA remain the closest of allies - so why not drop the invective on both sides?"

There is no invective here but rather a difference of opinion about the history of WW II. Introduction of the industrial might of the US was a turning point in the war for Europe. The development of long range bombers with high payload capacity like the B-17 and B-29 allowed the Allies to begin bombing the factories in occupied Europe that fueled the Nazi war machine. It is not flag waving nor an attempt to get the demagogues who inhabit TV riled up but rather a difference of opinion about history. Reasonable people can disagree.

The heavy defensive armament of the B17 Flying Fortress meant it could only carry a small payload compared to RAF Lancasters and Halifaxes. Indeed, the much smaller, fast twin engine 'wooden wonder' the De Havilland Mosquito of the Light Night Striking Force often carried a similar payload to the B17! RAF Bomber Command crewmen used to sing a song about the B17 only carrying a tiny bomb. The impressive B29 Superfortress was never used in Europe. The defeat of Nazi Germany was a combined effort by the allies, each playing an important role. Britain and the Commonwealth standing alone, defeating the Luftwaffe in the Battle Of Britain, and securing the Suez Canal and the middle eastern oilfields in the desert war.The Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union. The introduction of American industrial might. All were contributing factors.