KBank system upgrade

KBank system upgrade
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- All channels, electronic and non-electronic, of KasikornBank will be temporarily shut down from July 17 to July 19 for system upgrade.

From 10pm of July 17 until 10pm of July 19, the following channesl and services will not be available nationwide.

- Bank branches

- Transactions via K-ATM card / K-Debit card / K-Express Cash at ATMs of KBank and other banks

- K-Web Shopping Card

- K-ATMs, K-CDMs and K-PUMs

- All channels of KBank electronic banking services: K-Mobile Banking PLUS / K-Cyber Banking / Self Service via K-Contact Centre.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/KBank-system-upgrade-30264002.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-08

It is a major upgrade I use to work there it has been going on for 10 years they invested more than USD100 million to upgrade the entire system.

They have been gradually migrating to the new system for a long time without any stoppages but I think this is unavoidable it must be a major systems

upgrade that needs to be shut down to migrate to the new system might be due to transfer of data from existing system to new system platform.

Edited by yuv06

Unfortunately 5 months ago I moved my account to Kasikorn, simply because Bangkok Bank wouldn't give me a credit. I did get a credit card from Kasikorn 2 months after applying. Had to make many phone calls and visit the branch 5-6 times during this 2 months. Very poor and slow service, untrained staff, and now they're shutting everything down for 2 days??? I'll close my accounts ASAP.

Unfortunately 5 months ago I moved my account to Kasikorn, simply because Bangkok Bank wouldn't give me a credit. I did get a credit card from Kasikorn 2 months after applying. Had to make many phone calls and visit the branch 5-6 times during this 2 months. Very poor and slow service, untrained staff, and now they're shutting everything down for 2 days??? I'll close my accounts ASAP.

On a positive point, you now have a credit card !

I used to work at BBL also for 10 years it used to be a good bank in those days but have since declined they lack investment in HR and IT systems, therefore I have first hands experience in both banks and I definitely tell you KBank is the better bank they invest a lot in both their human resources and IT systems. Regret to hear you had problems with KBank.

I hope whatever they are doing doesn't fry the system, all my cash is in K bank. They better back up the existing system files 1st..

I don't think you have to worry as mentioned they invest heavily in their IT system and IBM maintains their systems from what I know when I was their they outsourced their IT to IBM. IBM had 2 floors of staff at their Rat Burana Office. Every time we need to do anything that concerns with IT usually we would have to consult with IBM staff at KBank and they charged us by the hour.

I used to work at BBL also for 10 years it used to be a good bank in those days but have since declined they lack investment in HR and IT systems, therefore I have first hands experience in both banks and I definitely tell you KBank is the better bank they invest a lot in both their human resources and IT systems. Regret to hear you had problems with KBank.

I have to say Bangkok Bank has far more professional staff who know about their terms and services. This was not the first time I encountered issues with Kasikorn. When I first went to their bank to open a savings account it took them 2 hours to do it! You know why? Because the beautiful lady there didn't know how to operate the system. Then I went behind her desk to help her out but we couldn't find the option for foreigners in the system. At the end she called her manager and the problem was solved in 10 secs! Speaking of services and security I was very happy with Bangkok Bank. They have a fully functional app for Windows Phone (not all banks have) as well as all other ebanking options other banks provide plus super helpful staff. I'm sure they would at least send me an SMS or email if they were to shut down the whole bank for two days (if they ever dare to do that)! But I've got to admit that Kasikorn has way more promotions and probably more customers.

PS. just for reference I had all these problems only at Kasikorn Central Plaza Chaengwattana branch which is not a small/express branch. Not sure about other branches. All these happened despite I can speak, read, and write in Thai fluently! Not sure what other foreigners would do when they're told that there is no English forms in this branch :D

Edited by mjef

On a positive point, you now have a credit card !

It freaks me out thinking about a situation where I'm a victim of credit card fraud and I have to deal with the bank staff all over again. I'd rather be careful using this card!

It is a major upgrade I use to work there it has been going on for 10 years they invested more than USD100 million to upgrade the entire system.

They have been gradually migrating to the new system for a long time without any stoppages but I think this is unavoidable it must be a major systems

upgrade that needs to be shut down to migrate to the new system might be due to transfer of data from existing system to new system platform.

So what was the upgrade last year when they also shut down their systems over the weekend, as I recall the shutdown overran until the Monday afternoon, not the advertised 22.00 on the Sunday.

No big problem for their customers as this time they have given plenty of advance warning so we can make plans, I just hope they stick to the advertised downtime this time round.

Thanks for the warning , I have 3 accounts with Kasikorn but as a backup I have another account with LH bank so no problems for me. Just make sure to do any transfers and pay the bills in time.

Me thinks you farangs are all over reacting in particular with all the conspiracy theories.

Banks all around the world have to do this approx every 10 years or so.

The big 5 banks here are as solid as just about any others

You have been well warned, if you cannot plan for a weekend you need to go back to school & get some logistics lessons

Me thinks you farangs are all over reacting in particular with all the conspiracy theories.

Banks all around the world have to do this approx every 10 years or so.

The big 5 banks here are as solid as just about any others

You have been well warned, if you cannot plan for a weekend you need to go back to school & get some logistics lessons

And it's not a weekend. It's a Friday and a Saturday.

I hope whatever they are doing doesn't fry the system, all my cash is in K bank. They better back up the existing system files 1st..

I don't think you have to worry as mentioned they invest heavily in their IT system and IBM maintains their systems from what I know when I was their they outsourced their IT to IBM. IBM had 2 floors of staff at their Rat Burana Office. Every time we need to do anything that concerns with IT usually we would have to consult with IBM staff at KBank and they charged us by the hour.

That's re-assuring..