Is a 90 day report necessary if you are planning to leave the country

My 90 day report is due but I am planning to leave Thailand for a couple of weeks 30 days after my 90 day report due date. Is it necessary to report? Will I incur some kind of fine for late reporting?

Edited by Payanak212

A 90 day report is required when 90 days is spent in the Kingdom.

Your 90 day report should be done.

When you return from the trip the 90 clock is reset your day of arrival being Day 1

The penalty for failing to make a day report is 2-5000 Bht

so just to clarify I should report now even though I am leaving the country in 1 months time?

the immigration person in my place of work told me otherwise but past experience has taught me i should check myself on Thaivisa

thanks

the immigration person in my place of work told me otherwise

"strange" info or lost in translation.

Legally there is no doubt: at day 90 you have to report, whatever your future plans are.

Maybe its a "secret" info behind: when you return to the country sometime and you do a 90 day report the missed report from last visit might go unnoticed?

Not sure, just speculating.

Edited by KhunBENQ

My immigration guy has told me that the airport don't care about the 90 day report. You only pay a fine at the airport if you overstay your visa. If you report late for 90 day report at immigration then you will be fined. There is no fine for late 90 day report at the airport. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Edited by Payanak212

My immigration guy has told me that the airport don't care about the 90 day report. You only pay a fine at the airport if you overstay your visa. If you report late for 90 day report at immigration then you will be fined. There is no fine for late 90 day report at the airport. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Immigration at the airport do not look for 90 day reports. You can ever take the slip for it out of your passport and they will not care.

You will be fined at an immigration office for late reporting

• Like 2

Can't you just pay for a re-entry permit? When you come back I think it is considered like reporting because they stamp in a new date for you to report.

WHY REALLY?? He is too late,,,,,,,,

Glegolo

Re-entry permit is unrelated.

And the poster did not describe his visa status.

One possible case would be a Non-OA multiple visa (not expired), which could explain staying longer than 90 days and NOT needing a reentry permit.

If he is on extension then he needs a reentry permit.

oooops, my mistake haven't had a coffee yet! Misread it.......but really just skip the 90 day.......some of the thoughts that people entertain. "Oh, I'll just not report because I am leaving in 30 days it won't be a big deal will it?" LOL

oooops, my mistake haven't had a coffee yet! Misread it.......but really just skip the 90 day.......some of the thoughts that people entertain. "Oh, I'll just not report because I am leaving in 30 days it won't be a big deal will it?" LOL

"...but really just skip the 90 day ..."

Not sure what this means. Maybe you need a second cup of coffee. Whether or not he has or needs a re-entry permit is irrelevant. If he stayed in Thailand for 90 + 30 days without reporting, he would be fined at immigrations.

As said by others, when leaving at the airport there won't be a problem, but after returning to Thailand when reporting to immigrations for the next 90 day report or whatever, the omission of the previous 90 day report will be noted and a fine will be imposed.

Maybe the immigrations officer who misspoke thought the O/P meant he was leaving Thailand for good and not returning, in which case the skipped 90 day report would probably go unnoticed.

Edited by Suradit69

so just to clarify I should report now even though I am leaving the country in 1 months time?

the immigration person in my place of work told me otherwise but past experience has taught me i should check myself on Thaivisa

thanks

Hey mate,i'm leaving in 6 months,you rekon i have to do one,a bloke in a bar said i would be ok.

• Like 1

Never has so much been said about so little and nobody thought to ask Payanak if he is coming back! If not, don't bother to report, if yes, just get on line and do it and don't forget your re-entry permit at the airport on the way out. As the wise old owls have told you on here, stick to the regulations and you'll be ok.

reading Richard Barrow today, he says they are clamping down on 90 day reporting wanting more information, ie a copy of your rent gook, place of abode etc, anyone hear anything,? only in 2 weeks i have to do mine and i dont want to waste time-- queing up and when i get to the desk, "oh sorry we need more information " i just generally take my passport the 90 day slip of paper and the filled in form

reading Richard Barrow today, he says they are clamping down on 90 day reporting wanting more information, ie a copy of your rent gook, place of abode etc, anyone hear anything,? only in 2 weeks i have to do mine and i dont want to waste time-- queing up and when i get to the desk, "oh sorry we need more information " i just generally take my passport the 90 day slip of paper and the filled in form

Nothing new at all in that story. Many offices have asked for those copies for years. The comment by a local immigration officer cannot be taken seriously.

Some offices have made it easier to where all you need is your passport and the receipt.

Why would they make it harder shortly after starting the online reporting?

To all those that have contributed constructive advice thank you so much.

To those jumping to conclusions assuming I do not wish to report - at no point did I ever state that I did not wish to report. I was asking for advice on my situation after being given potentially bad advice from the immigration person at my place of work. Please help TV a positive constructive forum by considering all facts carefully before assuming someone has negative intentions.

Some further info:

1. I will be returning after a two week visit back home.

2. I'm in. Non-b visa with work permit

3. I plan to buy a re-entry permit at the airport

It does look as though the immigration person at my place or work is advising me to to take advantage of a loop hole in the system. My only concern is like someone said about getting fined the next time I report for 90 day. If that's the case my place of work will be responsible for that fee after I followed their advice.

To all those that have contributed constructive advice thank you so much.

To those jumping to conclusions assuming I do not wish to report - at no point did I ever state that I did not wish to report. I was asking for advice on my situation after being given potentially bad advice from the immigration person at my place of work. Please help TV a positive constructive forum by considering all facts carefully before assuming someone has negative intentions.

Some further info:

1. I will be returning after a two week visit back home.

2. I'm in. Non-b visa with work permit

3. I plan to buy a re-entry permit at the airport

It does look as though the immigration person at my place or work is advising me to to take advantage of a loop hole in the system. My only concern is like someone said about getting fined the next time I report for 90 day. If that's the case my place of work will be responsible for that fee after I followed their advice.

Does your place of work employ Immigration Officers ?

Perhaps you mean the place of work employs ill informed HR personnel?

Edited by nowretired

thanks

This person at your company assisting you with immigration matters got it wrong. The rules are clear: you must submit this 90-day notification to your immigration office.