Medical Expenses

Ken7899

If an expat is hit by a Thai motorist and the expat is hospitalized and remains in a coma, and the police report clearly states it was the Thai drivers fault. Does the Thai driver have any responsibility to pay the expats medical bills.

He needs to be very lucky to see sufficient money.

"Motorist"? Car?

In the best case the car has a first class insurance that might cover.

Worst case: mandatory insurance only.

Motorcycle: basically uninsured.

Rich family or forget it.

I had a friend hit by a thai , he was hospitalized and died ,the Thai tried to sue his familly for his injuries , no one got anything in the end . TIT.

Ok, with a wonderful young family I am here for the (my) duration but the above frightening post is soooooooooo familiar ............ why do so many want to live here?

I had a friend hit by a thai , he was hospitalized and died ,the Thai tried to sue his familly for his injuries , no one got anything in the end . TIT.

Ok, with a wonderful young family I am here for the (my) duration but the above frightening post is soooooooooo familiar ............ why do so many want to live here?

You may well ask!. This hospital charging issue is the main reason I'm leaving as I cannot get any medical insurance at my age. That is bad enough, but to be robbed blind with modest savings wiped out in the sort of circumstances you describe, scares me to death.

Such a shame really, but pragmatism has to rule.