'No need for PM to debate on TV show'

Lite Beer

'No need for PM to debate on TV show'
THE SUNDAY NATION

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha does not need to appear on a television programme to discuss political reconciliation as suggested by Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, Deputy Government Spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday.

Sansern said the Centre for Reconciliation and Reform (CRR) had wanted to invite all parties for exchange of views on reform and reconciliation.

"If the PM has to take part in every function, he may not have time to do other things,'' he said.

He dismissed that having Prayut join the programme would create a better political atmosphere for the country.

"It depends on what topic other people who join the discussion would pick. For instance, how they view education reform? What they think are the government's shortfalls in drafting policies?'' he said.

He added that the discussion would not focus on political conflicts since the CRR aimed to create a reconciliation atmosphere.

He said it was possible students with different views from the government would be invited to join the programme.

"Students are the country's future. The government gives opportunities to students to adjust themselves and society should not punish them,'' he said.

Sansern said what the government feared was it posing questions that students could not answer, and as a result society may view them or the government in a bad light.

"Students only talk about symbolic issues. They have lost touch with reality. The government will have to think hard about having the students join the discussion panel because society may see the government as attempting to revile the students,'' he said.

He said the government was not concerned about the students' stance to "fight for democracy".

"The students must rethink what they are fighting for. If they said democracy … before May 22 [2014, the coup date] the country was democratic - did democracy solve the country's problems?'' he said.

"Since the court had sympathy for the students, if the students cross the line they have to answer the public over what else they want since society has already given them a chance,'' he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-need-for-PM-to-debate-on-TV-show-30264274.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-12

Sounds like the general running scared.

For all of his faults (yes, yes, he has many - don't we all) , one of Abhisits best qualities is that he is a good debater and if the mood took him, I am quite sure he could outwit the general and make him look like even more of a complete chump. Even Yinguck has a certain degree of moral fiber and I would love to see her pull up on National TV the very man who usurped her elected government - As the old saying goes "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned"

Shame he isn't gonna do it. Would have been one Thai TV program I would have watched.

It's just as well that Prayut will not join any televised discussion - nobody else would get a word in edgewise because Prayut would talk for 60 minutes without hesitation, some repetition, and a lot of deviation.

Sure that's a cracking argument right there.

A million rice farmers couldn't be wrong surely.

BTW, you wouldn't be interested in pledging to this new rice scheme. Double your money, honest.

Demonizing an entire electorate is anti-democracy at its' finest.

But many would agree with that. What the anti-democrat elitists say, is gospel for them.

Like I have said before, if the anti-democratic elite would have their way, many of these people would be disenfranchised, leaving the political field clear of an "adversarial political system".......Having their enlightened political status challenged is such a nuisance.

For starters, their anti-populist ideology is so transparent in their continual demonization of the rice subsidy program. A program they are loath to subject to an independent analysis, and for sure not to a discerning electorate.....Their motto.."Throw as much of their own mud against the wall in a repetitive manner, hoping some of it sticks".... Their reasoning being that Repetition will be accepted as fact by the less discerning, if they keep at it.

Edited by Bannum opinions

Simples, the General , like Yingluck in 2014, would be ripped to shreds on any Televised. end of story.

move along, nothing to see here.

This is a man who gives orders and isn't used to being questioned or criticised, he's not a "don't do as I" do man, but a "do as I say " one.

If the current PM does not wish to take part in the tv debates on reform then what about his rumoured future replacement Deputy Defence Minister and Army chief Udomdej Sitabutr. Invite him on the show to hear his views on reforming Thai politics and how the nation moves forward without further violent political protests.

Can anyone actually imagine the PM taking part in a debate without losing his cool in no time flat ?

He just doesn't have what it takes to be questioned especially where there's even a hint of criticism, opposition etc and those likely to be taking part would be a little more adept at making points than the average journalist which would just increase the chances of him blowing his top.

Sounds like the general running scared.

For all of his faults (yes, yes, he has many - don't we all) , one of Abhisits best qualities is that he is a good debater and if the mood took him, I am quite sure he could outwit the general and make him look like even more of a complete chump. Even Yinguck has a certain degree of moral fiber and I would love to see her pull up on National TV the very man who usurped her elected government - As the old saying goes "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned"

Shame he isn't gonna do it. Would have been one Thai TV program I would have watched.

What degree? 3? 5? No more than that for certain :)

Can anyone actually imagine the PM taking part in a debate without losing his cool in no time flat ?

He just doesn't have what it takes to be questioned especially where there's even a hint of criticism, opposition etc and those likely to be taking part would be a little more adept at making points than the average journalist which would just increase the chances of him blowing his top.

Yes but think of the happiness of the people. I think he should do it, for the honour of the military and show everyone what a connection he has with the people.

Be the biggest watched show on thai TV all year.

Yes but think of the happiness of the people. I think he should do it, for the honour of the military and show everyone what a connection he has with the people.

I'm sure the opinion polls would ' prove ' that the ratings went through the roof providing it's not on at the same time as a popular soap.

HONOUR OF THE MILITARY? cheesy.gif

In an open discussion on politics (open, as in: not only allowing questions, that were handed in and sorted out before hand) the PN wouldn't stand a fighting chance against a tree!

He lacks the intellect, the charisma and the knowledge needed!

...and he will put his foot in his mouth, every other sentence!

"If the PM has to take part in every function, he may not have time to do other things,'' he said. But he has time to do a ridiculous tv show every Friday, write soaps because he doesn't like the ones on tv, he has time to chief of everything, most of which he has no education nor understanding of... But he hasn't got time to present his case in a debate with educated people.. Seem he hasn't got time to sort out the daily murders in the south either

Question Time - Thai Style - would be great to watch (with subtitles of course - then no misunderstanding ????)

Have you ever watched the televised sessions of the Thai government ?

The first year or so I was in Thailand I thought it was a comedy show, until my wife informed me otherwise. biggrin.png

"If the PM has to take part in every function, he may not have time to do other things,'' he said. But he has time to do a ridiculous tv show every Friday, write soaps because he doesn't like the ones on tv, he has time to chief of everything, most of which he has no education nor understanding of... But he hasn't got time to present his case in a debate with educated people.. Seem he hasn't got time to sort out the daily murders in the south either

Thank God he does not have a shopping addiction on top of it ! clap2.gif

I reckon he does though - nobody else is going to be buying those ridonklious jackets!

I reckon he does though - nobody else is going to be buying those ridonklious jackets!

Good to see we at least agree on something.

People keep talking about his lousy PR team, I am more concerned with his wardrobe department.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Other off topic posts and replies have been removed as well.

The current leader of Thai people doesn't want to talk about reform, a great role model. Take part, welcome dialogue, smile and start reforming, to be PM you have to do things you don't want to for the sake of the country. Be quick about it before your time is up, the natives are getting restless.