Bupa cover and a good checkup

gmeddy

My wife and I are from Australia and in our 30's.

We both have Bupa platinum 2 cover.

No outpatient cover.

She's had abdominal pain and headaches that have worried her for about a year already, and despite checkups several times at different hospitals she has never had any results that show problems.

Twice she had checkups for intestinal parasites, once at the Sirikit Satahip hosp and then again later at the Pattaya International, and both times they said she was all clear.

Not long after, she got a Colun cleanse back in Australia and parasites were abundantly visible.

This kind of simple child-like incompetence at major hospitals, and expensive ones at that, really concerns us. If she has a real problem, how can we get a good doctor to give her a good checkup?

We want to go to BKK Pattaya hosp to get the full checkups, but fear we can't afford it - the Bupa cover will only help if the doc says she needs to stay a night...

And the girls at the counter wouldn't say if it's likely. We really can't afford major expenses at the moment, and only have 2 weeks of our Bupa cover left.

Any suggestions?

Phyathai in Sri Racha do various reasonably-priced package check-ups. The prices and content change every month but can be found on their website.

http://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/en/other/Check-up-Packages.php

http://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/en/promotion/

I do this once a year. I wait for one that includes abdomen ultrasound and PSA, which means that basically I get all the tests for not much more than the cost of the ultrasound.

But anything that isnt in that package (like your parasite test) will probably cost a lot more, as is common in most private hospitals here. Always check prices first and never buy your medicine from the hospital pharmacy as they may overcharge by up to 8 times or more.

I also have my dental implants done there. These are reasonably priced but any other dental work costs a lot there. Go figure.

I think that Phyathai are part of a chain that runs several big-name hospital brands. The Sri Racha branch has a helpful farang rep named Gavin who must be one of their main assets as far as farang patients are concerned.

I think that if I had some serious or undiagnosed or chronic health problem I would not waste time with any local hospital at all but would go straight to Bangkok.

Edited by KittenKong

I think that if I had some serious or undiagnosed or chronic health problem I would not waste time with any local hospital at all but would go straight to Bangkok.

Do you mean Bangkok Pattaya or a Hospital in Bangkok?

I'm thinking Bangkok, but I would post your question on the Health forum as Sheryl and others will be quite helpful as give you suggestions. I am thinking Bangkok Christian and St. Louis known for their and good prices but I am not that familiar with Bangkok hospitals.

I'm thinking Bangkok, but I would post your question on the Health forum as Sheryl and others will be quite helpful as give you suggestions.

Yes, I would go to the hospital in Bangkok that had the best reputation for the sort of major/unusual problem I had.

Simple or common-place things I would be happy to have done at Phyathai or Pattaya International or BPH or even Pattaya Memorial or Sirikit.