PM calls for public support for infrastructure projects

Lite Beer

Ahh, now I see what you mean. For a moment I honestly thought you might have a point other than 'But... But Thaksin/Yingluck...' Clearly not. Why didn't you just cut to the chase in the first place, then?

I have made a post in a different thread this a.m. pointing out that criticism is only fair when it contains comparison and relativity. For example getting your toe caught in a mousetrap is bad, but nothing compared to stepping in a bear trap.

You think it is quite acceptable to say that the current government is inexperienced in infrastructure projects, but only want to compare that to those with other trades/skills. Why is comparing it to the previous government unacceptable? Because it doesn't fit your agenda?

I think it is quite acceptable to say the current government is inexperienced in infrastructure projects because they are. I call them unqualified because they are. They seized power merely to restore democracy in a few months so they claimed, therefore infrastructure projects should not be part of their remit.

What agenda do I have?

Ahh, now I see what you mean. For a moment I honestly thought you might have a point other than 'But... But Thaksin/Yingluck...' Clearly not. Why didn't you just cut to the chase in the first place, then?

I have made a post in a different thread this a.m. pointing out that criticism is only fair when it contains comparison and relativity. For example getting your toe caught in a mousetrap is bad, but nothing compared to stepping in a bear trap.

You think it is quite acceptable to say that the current government is inexperienced in infrastructure projects, but only want to compare that to those with other trades/skills. Why is comparing it to the previous government unacceptable? Because it doesn't fit your agenda?

lol why you ask?

you do realize you only raise hysterical historical points about the past,

where as baboon raises a hypothetical future related point with no reference to any single individual

your's off topicbeatdeadhorse.gif ,

his on topicthumbsup.gif

Yes? What do out of work relatives of some somebody have to do with my point that the army are no better qualified than nurses, electricians and plumbers, or the fact they have been running the country for an awful long time without carrying out such infrastructure projects in the past if they do indeed possess the appropriate credentials, as you seem to be implying?

Don't be deliberately obtuse. I am saying that the current PM, at worst, is as qualified as the last.

Of course it could be argued (although I doubt you would agree) that the previous PM was rather better qualified for the role - having been elected, by the people.

The present incumbent selected and appointed himself, albeit with the approval of a legislative assembly which he,, umm, also appointed himself!

Ha Ha , here lies the problem with these agenda people who say they were NOT supporters of the Shins, BUT BUT do not like comparisons of the present government to the Shins.

In the UK most voting is done ON the comparisons, Cameron got in this time but what he is doing is shooting himself in the foot the same as PTP.

So we come back to this situ, what would you rather have THIS or THAT, we know now Thais in general want this, even though they were not voted through the ballot box.

Halloween you are quite correct.

Yes? What do out of work relatives of some somebody have to do with my point that the army are no better qualified than nurses, electricians and plumbers, or the fact they have been running the country for an awful long time without carrying out such infrastructure projects in the past if they do indeed possess the appropriate credentials, as you seem to be implying?

Don't be deliberately obtuse. I am saying that the current PM, at worst, is as qualified as the last.

Of course it could be argued (although I doubt you would agree) that the previous PM was rather better qualified for the role - having been elected, by the people.

The present incumbent selected and appointed himself, albeit with the approval of a legislative assembly which he,, umm, also appointed himself!

Jag oh please, be honest----what qualifications did Yingluck have to be PM ?? any government experience ?? any other quality apart from being a traveler and shopper. SHE was not even elected by the Thai people she was placed there by her brother.

Ha Ha , here lies the problem with these agenda people who say they were NOT supporters of the Shins, BUT BUT do not like comparisons of the present government to the Shins.

In the UK most voting is done ON the comparisons, Cameron got in this time but what he is doing is shooting himself in the foot the same as PTP.

So we come back to this situ, what would you rather have THIS or THAT, we know now Thais in general want this, even though they were not voted through the ballot box.

How do you know Thais in general want this, as in a military Junta? what proof have you got to support this apart from Junta organised polls, where any other poll not flattering towards the Junta are not allowed? Where the poll questions are loaded ones?

Its Sunday, we must be due one today ? ;):D

As for the UK, voting is mostly done based on demographics, a life long labour stronghold will more or less always voted labour no matter who's running.

Nobody wanted to see Ed Miliband ru(i)n the country like pretty much all previous Governments, the Scottish people were stiffed over by both the Tories, and Labour, over Independence, about getting more powers, and now they've started standing up against Westminster authority, and control. Scotland will break away from the Union within 5 years.

back to Thailand, what's the Junta so scared of, that they keep the stalling and delaying tactics?

Jag oh please, be honest----what qualifications did Yingluck have to be PM ?? any government experience ?? any other quality apart from being a traveler and shopper. SHE was not even elected by the Thai people she was placed there by her brother.

So Yingluck learned her ropes after elected. What's wrong with that. I can quote you few countries that have the same situation. Is Prayuth better qualified or have experience? And by any defination of democracy, universal suffrage and the laws of Thailand, she was elected PM even by party list (same as AV) and chosen by his brother ( every electorates know that).

Being elected through nepotism and bribery makes you better qualified. Wow, that's amazing.

"Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything." - Frank Dane

How do you know Thais in general want this, as in a military Junta? what proof have you got to support this apart from Junta organised polls, where any other poll not flattering towards the Junta are not allowed? Where the poll questions are loaded ones?

Its Sunday, we must be due one today ? wink.pngbiggrin.png

As for the UK, voting is mostly done based on demographics, a life long labour stronghold will more or less always voted labour no matter who's running.

Nobody wanted to see Ed Miliband ru(i)n the country like pretty much all previous Governments, the Scottish people were stiffed over by both the Tories, and Labour, over Independence, about getting more powers, and now they've started standing up against Westminster authority, and control. Scotland will break away from the Union within 5 years.

back to Thailand, what's the Junta so scared of, that they keep the stalling and delaying tactics?

Why do you persist in naming--JUNTA JUNTA, your agenda--(of course you were not a Shin fan) I said this is better than that, I did not say I am in favour of military rule, I am in favour of this attempt rather than the other malfunction.

You do NOT want to recognise that Thailand is more at ease now, and sorting 10 years of dung out. You ask me how do I know--because I am in touch with government people here in the once stronghold of Udon, lived 12 years in this red area as was---thats how I know, and I am not interested in your propaganda talk about Junta rigged polls, get out more unless your still in a Yingluck era dream.

So Yingluck learned her ropes after elected. What's wrong with that. I can quote you few countries that have the same situation. Is Prayuth better qualified or have experience? And by any defination of democracy, universal suffrage and the laws of Thailand, she was elected PM even by party list (same as AV) and chosen by his brother ( every electorates know that).

This has to be the joke of the past 4 years quote "Yingluck learned her ropes after elected" ?? she never chaired because she couldn't---was she in the House during serious questions ?? did she ever have head to head with the Abhisit ?? 50 trips away from her job, shopping around Montenegro for tourism ??.. oh yes you really are on a high with this statement.--What she learned was to be more corrupt--involved and head of government.

Eric, Eric, Eric..................................You must have had tongue jammed firmly in cheek when you wrote that one ! biggrin.png

The only thing Yingluck learned how to do after being appointed was to avoid work, skip meetings, shrug responsibility, and abuse the entire position of PM in general.

Please quote a few countries that you claim had the same "situation", I would be interested to see that.

Prayuth had the same amount of qualification/experience as Yingluck - zero.

I'm being completely honest Ginjag.

The election which placed Yingluck in post was accepted internationally and by the losing side (Abhisits Democrats) as being fair and open.

Just about everyone who cast a vote for the Pheu Thai party did so in the full knowledge that if Pheu Thai won a majority Yingluck would be their choice for Prime Minister. Pheu Thai won and Yingluck duly took up the post, all fully in line with the processes specified in the constitution.

Halloween,you claim she was puit in place through nepotism and bribery, Ginjag you claim that she had no qualifications. The Thai electorate had the opportunity to say to Pheu Thai and Yingluck, "You were put in place by bribery and nepotism, you have no qualifications, on yer bike and get pedalling". They didn't, they elected Pheu Thai and thus Yingluck .Now, you may not like her, you may feel that there should be another qualification threshold put in place to be cleared before a person can become Prime Minister. But then that was not the case. She was elected by the Thai people in a fair and open election, even if that fair and open election did not produce the result which you hoped for.

The present incumbent, as I have said selected and appointed himself, albeit with the approval of a legislative assembly which he also appointed himself.

Both of you make no secret of the fact that you dislike Pheu Thai, Yingluck and her government, which was the product of a less than perfect democratic process. You seem to prefer that Thailand is effectively, no let us say in effect, governed by one man, who installed himself in a military coup, a process which is emphatically not democratic.That is a view to which you are perfectly entitled.. You can suggest that I'm not honest in holding a different view, you are wrong. You can suggest that the Thai electorate were fools to vote the way they did, that is also I believe wrong. Holding and expressing an opposing view makes me neither dishonest nor a fool.

Eric, Eric, Eric..................................You must have had tongue jammed firmly in cheek when you wrote that one ! biggrin.png

The only thing Yingluck learned how to do after being appointed was to avoid work, skip meetings, shrug responsibility, and abuse the entire position of PM in general.

Please quote a few countries that you claim had the same "situation", I would be interested to see that.

Because you spend little time in Asia and have very low knowledge, I will provide 2 Prime Ministers who were housewives before they took political role. Try research Cory and Megawati. Guess its your tongue firmly jammed now. Still you got one right to say Prayuth has zero qualification and experience and too stubborn to learn from other advise. That's uniquely his style.

I'm being completely honest Ginjag.

The election which placed Yingluck in post was accepted internationally and by the losing side (Abhisits Democrats) as being fair and open.

Just about everyone who cast a vote for the Pheu Thai party did so in the full knowledge that if Pheu Thai won a majority Yingluck would be their choice for Prime Minister. Pheu Thai won and Yingluck duly took up the post, all fully in line with the processes specified in the constitution.

Halloween,you claim she was puit in place through nepotism and bribery, Ginjag you claim that she had no qualifications. The Thai electorate had the opportunity to say to Pheu Thai and Yingluck, "You were put in place by bribery and nepotism, you have no qualifications, on yer bike and get pedalling". They didn't, they elected Pheu Thai and thus Yingluck .Now, you may not like her, you may feel that there should be another qualification threshold put in place to be cleared before a person can become Prime Minister. But then that was not the case. She was elected by the Thai people in a fair and open election, even if that fair and open election did not produce the result which you hoped for.

The present incumbent, as I have said selected and appointed himself, albeit with the approval of a legislative assembly which he also appointed himself.

Both of you make no secret of the fact that you dislike Pheu Thai, Yingluck and her government, which was the product of a less than perfect democratic process. You seem to prefer that Thailand is effectively, no let us say in effect, governed by one man, who installed himself in a military coup, a process which is emphatically not democratic.That is a view to which you are perfectly entitled.. You can suggest that I'm not honest in holding a different view, you are wrong. You can suggest that the Thai electorate were fools to vote the way they did, that is also I believe wrong. Holding and expressing an opposing view makes me neither dishonest nor a fool.

All this post ?? simple truth is you said Yingluck had qualifications and learned when in the PM role. NOT good enough to be PM, she had No qualification you said it I simply said---I agree, that she was not fit for the job.

Like it or not if you think the PM now is not good then think what a task he had in turning angry split population into a nation at ease. and Yingluck would have never had a clue how to pull the country back together-----general or not he is giving it a good go---success later remains to be seen----I said better this that the last despots

Because you spend little time in Asia and have very low knowledge, I will provide 2 Prime Ministers who were housewives before they took political role. Try research Cory and Megawati. Guess its your tongue firmly jammed now. Still you got one right to say Prayuth has zero qualification and experience and too stubborn to learn from other advise. That's uniquely his style.

The general has all his marbles---yingluck had no chairs in the room---this is the difference

Ginjag,

Go and read again what I said. You will see I made no mention of learning on the job. My argument was that Yingluck was qualified to be PM by virtue of having won an election fair and square, and that there was nothing dishonest in advancing that view.

You got me mixed up with somebody else,, no doubt in your rush to vent your usual incoherent ranting.

Try again why don't you

Edited by JAG

Why do you persist in naming--JUNTA JUNTA, your agenda--(of course you were not a Shin fan) I said this is better than that, I did not say I am in favour of military rule, I am in favour of this attempt rather than the other malfunction.

You do NOT want to recognise that Thailand is more at ease now, and sorting 10 years of dung out. You ask me how do I know--because I am in touch with government people here in the once stronghold of Udon, lived 12 years in this red area as was---thats how I know, and I am not interested in your propaganda talk about Junta rigged polls, get out more unless your still in a Yingluck era dream.

Why do I persist? err because that's what sections of the free press call them, I'd much rather call them by their proper name, but that's not allowed on TVF.

You're in favour of military rule, I'm not.. not too hard to establish.

You still keep going on about me being a Shin fan, what part doesn't quite get through to you, that I don't follow, nor support any Thai politicial party, as they're all a bunch of thieves and crooks, you're a typical if you're not with us, you're against us.

Unlike you, I don't feel the need to support ANY side, it's NOT a game, it means NOTHING to me who is in power, nor any other farang without a vote here, it's a talking point, nothing more, I couldn't care less about Thai politicians, what makes me cringe is the expats on here falling over themselves to think they're opinions actually mean something towards the bigger picture.

It makes me cringe even more the Brits here who seem to idolise the military, sorry, count me well and truly out of that clique, having served in the military, there was nothing remotely democratic about it, or those High ranking Staff officers either, the military here are worse, a million times worse, you crack on and believe what you want to, your opinion is respected, just start respecting mine, in that I don't think the Army are the solution, 19 coups is enough proof, if anything they're part of the problem, and I'd love to see them return to their barracks and see the Army return to its role, and that's NOT running a country, or thinking their politicians.

Ah the good old Thailand is more at ease red herring, I might not have lived here as long as you, but I think you meant Bangkok is more at ease, certainly the South doesn't seem to be at ease, you did say Thailand didn't you? As I have never noticed anything different in the major tourist destinations in 3 years, apart from starting to get quieter tourist wise.

I have the same degree of freedom to travel as I did back in 2012 when I first came here, as do my Thai family, No major checkpoints at all, but then again, it's easy for farangs to say these things, as they're never really effected anyway with the bullshit in Thai politics, it's the ordinary Thai's who always feel the brunt of it.

10 years of dung, will need 10 years of sorting, as there will be more dung gathering, it's an endless cycle, and the military are starting to see more and more anti junta sentiment coming, if they stay in power beyond 2016, there will be trouble ahead.

You keep insisting that I'm punting out propaganda, and yet this is exactly what you do post after post after post, there's nothing propaganda about a dislike for the Junta, I'm not alone there either.

I'm pretty sure I've never praised a single Shin policy, but feel free to think otherwise, I know my mind and views better than anyone here, and my views are that the Junta are not the people to run the country, and Prayuth ain't the messiah either.

NEITHER ARE THE SHINS !!!!

But neither are the spineless democrats who have the backbones of jellyfish, who know that never in a month of Sunday will they ever win over the country in a landslide election (if there's ever one held again)

You know Government people huh? that goes a long way to explain your sycophantic behaviour. So you talk to them, and listen to them, and you have the brass balls to accuse me of being a propagandist? 5555555 priceless.

The proof will be in an election, not through hollow words based on propaganda, no matter who wins, they have a mountain to climb in a pair of flip flops!!