Pattaya Police Officer investigated over social media photo and comments

Lite Beer

Pattaya Police Officer investigated over social media photo and comments

police-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A low ranking Pattaya Police Officer was investigated by the Pattaya Police Chief on Friday following a picture which was posted on Facebook and then on a popular Thai social website, which showed the officer driving a high powered motorbike without a helmet.

The picture was posted by Facebook user “rodcing.com” and re-posted by www.vkizz.com after the officer, identified as Police Sergeant Tonatan, fought back by threatening the original poster and suggesting he would find it hard to live in Pattaya if the picture was not deleted.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/203655/pattaya-police-officer-investigated-over-social-media-photo-and-comments/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-17

Police officers in uniform riding m/cycles while wearing their soft uniform caps and as I and others have seen issuing tickets for having no helmet.

Well I suppose if senior officers are not to be stopped at roadblocks etc ... !

Anyway the helmet offence in this particular case is minor compared to threatening the author of the photo, if indeed he did.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

And the motorcycle is hardly high powered I am guessing 125-150cc.

The accuracy of this story is suspect.

As for being investigated...?

I am guessing the statement that will follow might read something like...

"The public should memorize the faces and number plates of their local police force...'.

Edited by Manbing

Police officers in uniform riding m/cycles while wearing their soft uniform caps and as I and others have seen issuing tickets for having no helmet.

Anyway the helmet offence in this particular case is minor compared to threatening the author of the photo, if indeed he did.

Correct and then the senior officer saying he was on an urgent call.. no time to put on his helmet.. yea sure.. I ride a motorbike.. it does not take more then a few seconds to put on a helmet.

When will people in power learn.. do what i do is more effective as do what i say.

Still helmet.. minor thing (i always wear mine and think those who don't are idiots) but I dont see it as a major thing.

The suggestion that complaints against police officers should be made at the police station rather than on social media isn't the best I have ever heard.

The latter seems to yield better results and I also suggest it is safer!

Firstly not exactly new for cops not to wear the helmet or be on the phone.

Secondly I know the cop and he is one of the nicer ones

"threatening the original poster and suggesting he would find it hard to live in Pattaya if the picture was not deleted." and he's one of the "nicer" ones?? shock1.gif

Correct and then the senior officer saying he was on an urgent call.. no time to put on his helmet.. yea sure.. I ride a motorbike.. it does not take more then a few seconds to put on a helmet.

When will people in power learn.. do what i do is more effective as do what i say.

Still helmet.. minor thing (i always wear mine and think those who don't are idiots) but I dont see it as a major thing.

Regularly see officers with no helmet, 2 or 3 kids on the bike, riding on the pavement, road and doing some worrying things at the U-turns.

Many people ride in similar fashion - men, women, children. School boys race one another, no helmets sometimes 2 on a bike and I've seen a few young guys do wheelies up the main four lain road that has heavy lorry traffic.

Nothing has changed in this respect.

the officer, identified as Police Sergeant Tonatan, fought back by threatening the original poster and suggesting he would find it hard to live in Pattaya if the picture was not deleted.

the offense driving a small motorbike without helmet is hardly news, i see it every day

interesting to compare....

Big police boss refuse to take Breathalyzer test, no investigation and and the minions is scolded and trained to remember the bosses faces....

but the low ranking police officer is hang out to dry for driving his motorbike without helmet........

no sorry, he is investigated because there is a picture of him doing it, not that he did, since they all do it....

Amazing Thailand

Personally i think both are wrong and should have been persecuted, but TIT

wai2.gif

The bike definitely looks like a CBR. But without seeing better pictures of it, it's hard to say if it's a 150, 250, 300, or even 500cc bike.

What does it matter?

From the original report: showed the officer driving a high powered motorbike without a helmet.

A CBR 150 is definitely NOT a "high powered" bike, and really, neither is the 250cc or 300cc models. More power than your average scooter, yes, but still not "high powered", as quoted in the article. It's like Thai saying "big bike", which could be applied, in their logic, to anything from a 150cc CBR to 2,000cc Honda Gold Wing. It's called "accuracy in reporting", which is an unknown thing in Thailand.

The bike definitely looks like a CBR. But without seeing better pictures of it, it's hard to say if it's a 150, 250, 300, or even 500cc bike.

What does it matter?

From the original report: showed the officer driving a high powered motorbike without a helmet.

A CBR 150 is definitely NOT a "high powered" bike, and really, neither is the 250cc or 300cc models. More power than your average scooter, yes, but still not "high powered", as quoted in the article. It's like Thai saying "big bike", which could be applied, in their logic, to anything from a 150cc CBR to 2,000cc Honda Gold Wing. It's called "accuracy in reporting", which is an unknown thing in Thailand.

Unknown by you as well looks like.....a Honda Goldwing is 1832cc.tongue.png

What does it matter?

Unknown by you as well looks like.....a Honda Goldwing is 1832cc.tongue.png

Well, excuse the hell out of me for being a few cc off, Mr. Gold Wing Expert. Besides, if you failed to see the point I was trying to make, then shame on you.

Firstly not exactly new for cops not to wear the helmet or be on the phone.

Secondly I know the cop and he is one of the nicer ones

Really , one of the nicer guys ?

"Police Sergeant Tonatan, fought back by threatening the original poster and suggesting he would find it hard to live in Pattaya if the picture was not deleted."

I would try to avoid this "nice cop" anytime .

Edited by balo

What does it matter?

Does the law distinguish between low power and high power bikes in regard to wearing helmets?

The police should lead by example, posting photos of police without helmets is fair game.

And senior Police officers who go out for a drink should get a taxi home.