Transfer Funds to US on internet

Hello All,

I will try to make this as brief as possible. I was teaching in Thailand for 1 year and used Kasikorn as my bank. After finishing with my Thai school, I started working online as an English teacher and I am now traveling in Europe. For my direct deposit paycheck, I had to use a bank account OUTSIDE of the U.S., so I use my Kasikorn bank account.

Here is my problem: I need to transfer my paychecks to my US bank account so I can pay bills and it is also much better to withdraw US dollars from ATMs (B/c of exchange rate) and my US bank does not charge for ATM fees. So, I need to get my my money from my Thai account to my US account. By the time I started working for this company, my work permit had expired so I was not able to set up a wire transfer through Kasikorn to send funds, so I used PayPal, like I had in the past to pay bills in the U.S. But now, since I want to send large amounts, PayPal is screwing me pretty bad with with .27USD exchange rate AND the fees calculated by a percentage.

My question is: Does anyone know of a way I can use my Thai debit card to send money to a US bank account that doesn't include massive fees/extremely poor exchange rates?

Assuming you can do local transfers, you could buy bitcoin from a rated seller in Thailand from localbitcoins.com, once you own them you can then sell them yourself to a US buyer using the same service.

Edit - having looked into it, the buy/sell rate difference is about 5%, so it's still a chunky loss (but sounds better than Paypal's rate). Others may well have better options.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd