Farangs and large tattoos: ugly or lovely?

What on earth is the fascination with large body tattoos, esp for the farangs who come to T'land? Dark, swirling shapes up the legs starting at the ankle, the arms from shoulder to wrist covered with permanent messages of religious devotion or luv, necks with snakes, back, chest........all may be filled with black or coloured tattoos. And i'm not talking of kids but adults, like over age 25 who, one might think, have a working brain.

I see some young folks with rings in the nose, lip, tongue, eyelid (true); have heard of nipple, and labia rings (never seen) but gotta figure those people are desperate for attention and self-acceptance.

Any insights on this kind of body disfiguration, both tattoos and piercings. The old women esp, IMO, really ugly but many men too. The old Marine with King Neptune on his bicep i can easily understand. The old woman with the large black snake shape descending from her inner thigh down to her ankle, I turn away from such choices.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a personal thing. Body art & decoration has been practiced since the beginning of time. Different strokes for different folks.

Yep exactly. I am sure they couldn't give a rats what your personal opinion of them or their body art may be. Why so judgemental? Their life. Their body. Their choice. Now go live yours

I guess it's a generational thing. I'm in my 60's and I don't like them at all. But as mentioned above, they probably don't give a sh*t what I like. That's the way I was when I was young and had long hair and a beard. In fact, I sort of liked the fact that old farts were pissed off about it! smile.png

Edited by mesquite

It's a personal thing. Body art & decoration has been practiced since the beginning of time. Different strokes for different folks.

Especially by criminals, rich sports stars and low life trailer trash.

This topic is interesting in that the heading simply asks an aesthetic opinon but then the OP goes on to insult and speculate on the perceived psycological defect of those that do not share his personal taste. Says more about the op than tats and body mods. I personally do not like most tats as the art selected is not to my liking. I once saw a lovely beer server lady with a delecate flowering vine on her back.... that was nice.

What on earth is the fascination with large body tattoos, esp for the farangs who come to T'land? Dark, swirling shapes up the legs starting at the ankle, the arms from shoulder to wrist covered with permanent messages of religious devotion or luv, necks with snakes, back, chest........all may be filled with black or coloured tattoos. And i'm not talking of kids but adults, like over age 25 who, one might think, have a working brain.

I see some young folks with rings in the nose, lip, tongue, eyelid (true); have heard of nipple, and labia rings (never seen) but gotta figure those people are desperate for attention and self-acceptance.

Any insights on this kind of body disfiguration, both tattoos and piercings. The old women esp, IMO, really ugly but many men too. The old Marine with King Neptune on his bicep i can easily understand. The old woman with the large black snake shape descending from her inner thigh down to her ankle, I turn away from such choices.

So you don't like it, don't look but don't think you are a better person because you don't have one

Why stop at tattoos and body jewlery, why not have a go at bald people, ginger haired people, people that wear glasses, people that ride small motorcycles, people that ride big motorcycles, people that drove fortunerstongue.png ......

OP needs to get a life!

Why does it bother you if someone has a tattoo?

Seriously mate get a life.

His parents would have being saying the same to him about listening to the devils music called rock and roll

All that his happening is, is that the OP is showing his age, he is a crusty old wrinkly who cant get a lay in his own country and had moved to Thailand in order to pay for regular visits to the temples and beaches

He finds tattoo,s offensive, some people may find his behaviour as a dirty old man offensive too LOL

Edited by Soutpeel

Why stop at tattoos and body jewlery, why not have a go at bald people, ginger haired people, people that wear glasses, people that ride small motorcycles, people that ride big motorcycles, people that drove fortunerstongue.png ......

OP needs to get a life!

You forgot pikeys

Ever watch those shoes on television. that highlight bad tattoos? Bad Ink is one , They should do a Thailand special. So many crap tattoos. Esp on the bar girls or ex bar girls.

I've had a tattoo for 45 years now.
Thought it was cool for about 5 of those years.

I believe that whoever can invent a (somewhat) easy way to erase them will be the next "richest man in the world"
"till you die" can be a long long time. Especially for these teens and 20-something year olds.

But hey! To each their own.

I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Personally, I have no tattoos - nor do I wish to have them.

Many years ago, members of the Armed Services & m/c gangs dominated the market.

I had a friend who had them all over his arms & legs ex Navy - regrets it now - self-conscious & wears clothing to hide them.

Now, women are more & more in the market.

OK - getting them Removal - big problem.

Do I like them? No.

Those who have them - I try to understand.

Some people prefer to be individuals in life and like to stand out from the crowd.

Tattoos actually date back hundreds of years and were a tribal thing making people aware of which tribe you belonged to.

Not all people are clean cut,you only live once,what others choose to do certainly shouldn't be any concern of yours.

Some people prefer to be individuals in life and like to stand out from the crowd.

Tattoos actually date back hundreds of years and were a tribal thing making people aware of which tribe you belonged to.

Not all people are clean cut,you only live once,what others choose to do certainly shouldn't be any concern of yours.

The fact is though these days tatoos dont make anyone stand out in the crowd as the vast majority of the crowd have also had tatoo's done to make them stand out from the crowd LOL

The fact is though these days tatoos dont make anyone stand out in the crowd as the vast majority of the crowd have also had tatoo's done to make them stand out from the crowd LOL

Fair comment that's why you have to have huge holes in your ears as well.

Especially by criminals, rich sports stars and low life trailer trash.

I have 2 tattos (third on monday) but i'm none of those you mention. Anyhow, maybe live your life without pondering what "kind of human" someone else is based on if they have tattoos or not?

cheryl coles tattoo,

your not telling me you would kick her out of bed because of this,,,lol

some people

I would. That's totally gross

you must be the handum man i here lives in thailand,

What's my being good-looking

got to do with it? I think it looks

repulsive. I'm entitled to my

preferences, no? I'm not one of

those guys who couldn't get

anything above a 3 or 4/10

before they came to Thailand to