Six senior police officers of Pathumthani province removed

Lite Beer

Six senior police officers of Pathumthani province removed

25-7-2558-14-11-06-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Pumpanmuang today removed six top ranking police officers from Pathumthani province to the Royal Thai Police's Operation Centre in 24 hours after they failed to heed his order on implementing the military junta's tough action to tackle street racing and alcohol selling by entertainment establishment, pubs and bars locating near the vicinities of education institutions.

Faced the abrupt transfer to inactive posts in the operation centre are Pol Col Sommai Prasit, deputy commander of Pathumthani police, Pol Lt Col Ariya Phanfuk, acting chief of Pak Klong Rangsit police station, and four of his assistants in charge of crime prevention, suppression, and investigation.

The national police chief stated in his abrupt transfer order that they refused to enforce his order regarding the street racing and alcohol selling.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/six-senior-police-officers-of-pathumthani-province-removed

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-25

If they refused to enforce his order it warrants more serious disciplinary action than being moved to inactive posts.

Yeah, but that just doesn't happen. What this will do is get all other area commanders enforcing the orders pretty damn quickly.

What is this "Inactive Post", just fire them or demote them !! Do police have life tenure ?

I have never seen so many Colonels and Generals in every branch of government, and what in hell are all the wings, parachutes and ribbons for. I only had 19 for 26 tears of service which included three conflicts/expeditionary actions or wars!

If they refused to enforce his order it warrants more serious disciplinary action than being moved to inactive posts.

Agreed - but this guy ain't exactly squeaky clean now. He's not above refusing to do things either. Maybe someone should transfer him. But he's only got a few weeks left.

What is this "Inactive Post", just fire them or demote them !! Do police have life tenure ?

I have never seen so many Colonels and Generals in every branch of government, and what in hell are all the wings, parachutes and ribbons for. I only had 19 for 26 tears of service which included three conflicts/expeditionary actions or wars!

It seems in many parts of the world, the smaller the country's armed forces, the more likely that higher ranking officers are disportionate to the total force.

It seems in many parts of the world, the less the country's armed forces are involved in traditional military actions, the more medals, ribbons and other appurtenances are likely to clutter the uniforms.

It seems in many parts of the world, uniforms for civil servants seem to have a magical aura that broadcasts some sort of hierarchical authority, regardless of the wearer's abilities or qualifications.

Christmas tree decorations are certainly pretty but are often made from cheap materials. They can be purchased at many outlets, at nominal cost, in many colors, shapes and sizes. Their true value is questionable.

It's not clear to me what that means in the context of Thai government employment. The term /rachagarn/, which also applies to soldiers and police officers, means "servant of the King." There are restrictions on what a superior officer can do in imposing punishment, just as there were restrictions on owners of slaves. In this case, did they actively disobey orders he gave them, or did they simply fail to act in accordance with the policies he set? It gets more complicated because they may have connections with the people who will come to power in the next coup. That's something every high official has to take into account. There are also people who exert power even though they are outside the formal line of authority. In my eyes, General Sonthi was guilty of mutiny when he refused to obey the Prime Minister's orders to remove the PAD from Government House in 2008. That's not the way Thais see it.

Those inactive posts again.... whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

My thought exactly, I wonder how many they have doing that.

Sometimes I get the impression it's 99%whistling.gif

No wonder they didn't have enough manpower to secure the crime scene at Koh Tao, or have enough budget to keep copies of the photos taken of the crime scene. They're all on inactive posts - getting paid for doing "nowt"!

But you do indeed raise a serious question. I wonder how many police officers are now in inactive posts, compared to the number before the coup? I would not be surprised if the figure was substantially higher!

Edited by sambum

I've seen school teachers with more ribbons than I had after 23 years in the military.

Participating in all major theatres of operations during that period..........................wink.png

I live in Pathumthani and what I see every weekend is the police coming at 1:30am to male sure the pubs along Naykon Nayok road are closed. Can't really speak for what is stated in the article but I know for sure they are closing the pubs. I remember not long ago them being open until 4:00am.

"they refused to enforce his order regarding the street racing and alcohol selling."

There is probably a lot more to the reason for officers refusing the order.

Consider that the "order" came from General Prayut who invoked Article 44. Typically, Prayut uses Article 44 to bypass due process of law to FORCE police to act immediately on Prayut's command.

At times it seems Prayuut's use of Article 44 is more of a PR stunt to promote Prayut as an Action Hero than provide any real law enforcement efforts. In an odd circular logic, Prayut also uses Article 44 to remove and transfer of law enforcement officers who resist Prayut's Article 44 orders.

Remnants of a stratified class society and all about Face. I outrank you...see the more ribbons, or my bigger longer title? Will take eons to change this as long as hi so or military run the country.

One off topic post and two posts in non-English removed.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

Pathum Thani deputy police chief, five officers transferred
The Sunday Nation

Pathum Thani police deputy chief Pol Colonel Sommai Prasit, along with five top police officers of the Pak Klong Rangsit Police Station, have been transferred from their posts to assist with work at the Royal Thai Police headquarters with effect from yesterday.

The five Pak Klong Rangsit officers were Pol Colonel Ariya Phanthufak, Pol Lt-Colonel Chuchat Khongmuang, Pol Lt-Colonel Ratthapong Sujarit, Pol Lt-Colonel Siripol Boonnoon and Pol Lt-Colonel Narong Eiumrahong.

This followed the police's search, led by Pol Lt-General Prawut Thavornsiri, at 12.30am yesterday at two pubs near Rangsit University Muang district, which had allegedly operated and sold alcohol drinks beyond the legal time as well as allowing 35 persons under 20 to use their services.

The transfer order by national police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmuang said that the order was due to the police officers' alleged negligence to adhere to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) order No 22/2015.

The NCPO order published in the Royal Gazette website on July 22 saw Prime Minister and NCPO chief General Prayut Chan-o-cha use absolute power under the interim constitution's Article 44 to tackle street racers and alcohol outlets near universities.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Pathum-Thani-deputy-police-chief-five-officers-tra-30265221.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-26

The new alcohol law is ill conceived,impractical, and serves no purpose other than inconveniencing a whole lot of people and a whole lot of shops and traders. Thai thinking at its worse.

Yu'p 300 meters up to 500 meters from any educational facility's, with NO exceptions, or exemptions,,, It's not just mum n dad convenience shop's but bar's clubs restaurants, Makro, big C, Tesco's and whole sales stores, there's more than meets the eye here at this policy, this will hurt a lot of working people.

If students drinking are issue then put in place large fines for business owners that sell to students rather than destroying many business with one foul stroke. In the village where I live there is only one shop that is more than 300 meters away from the school so if this law was enforced in the many villages around the country one can only imagine the impact on livelihood's and the increased value of the land that is the required distance away from schools to become the new convenience shops in the villages.

BTW, I have entered brand names only in the interest of the OP.

I used to work in Pathum Thani. Had an apartment a short drive away.

We shut down at 4:30 & I was at my hooch by 5:00 PM.

One day the cops were having a "Crackdown" on people who were 6 inches beyond the stop line at the traffic light...Quite the heinous offense you see.

Sun went down & they went home.

About 7:30 PM some punk kid in a hopped up low rider truck, neon lights all over it, came zooming through the same intersection about 120 KPH with an ambulance siren wailing to high heaven...again, and again, and again. Back and forth he'd go.

Not a cop in sight.

"they refused to enforce his order regarding the street racing and alcohol selling."

There is probably a lot more to the reason for officers refusing the order.

Consider that the "order" came from General Prayut who invoked Article 44. Typically, Prayut uses Article 44 to bypass due process of law to FORCE police to act immediately on Prayut's command.

At times it seems Prayuut's use of Article 44 is more of a PR stunt to promote Prayut as an Action Hero than provide any real law enforcement efforts. In an odd circular logic, Prayut also uses Article 44 to remove and transfer of law enforcement officers who resist Prayut's Article 44 orders.

Sure, it's all political and nothing to do with failure to carry out duties.

Except 2 pubs were found operating after closing hours and with 35 under-age drinkers.

The new alcohol law is ill conceived,impractical, and serves no purpose other than inconveniencing a whole lot of people and a whole lot of shops and traders. Thai thinking at its worse.

I not understand why they just not make harder penalties to shops and bars for selling alcohol to underaged youths AND controll the shops!!!

Take some youth and send they alcohol shopping and see what happen.

1. Time 10.000 THB Fine and a nice post and picture in a local newspaper & TV News Channel

2. Time 100.000 THB Fine and a nice post and picture in a local newspaper & TV News Channel

3. Close the shop/bar and a nice post and picture in a local newspaper & TV News Channel

After 3 month everything will run 100% to the rules with ID-Card Checks.

Edited by snowgard

I get the impression this inactive posting is disciplinary, being shamed by having nothing to be in charge of. In the parlance of television cop shows, this is like being put on desk assignment, but this is the ranking officers' version.

So, he's still on the force, pulling salalry etc. Not a serious enough offense to get him booted off the force. They're just biding their time, waiting for the real politicians to come back in.

I get the impression this inactive posting is disciplinary, being shamed by having nothing to be in charge of. In the parlance of television cop shows, this is like being put on desk assignment, but this is the ranking officers' version.

So, he's still on the force, pulling salalry etc. Not a serious enough offense to get him booted off the force. They're just biding their time, waiting for the real politicians to come back in.

It would be nice if they didn't get to go back where they were. Instead send them to the next vacant slot in Pattani or Sungai Kolok or some other dump, with the option of resigning, and others willing to do the job being sent to the choice areas. But that would cut into the BIB bigwigs income as who wants to pay for a slot you could lose a week later, and the "good" cops unlikely to have the readies.