Poll supports national government to resolve conflicts and bring unity back to country

Lite Beer

Poll supports national government to resolve conflicts and bring unity back to country

23-7-2558-16-35-37-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A national government could be a solution to bringing unity, reconciliation and true reform to the country rather than an elected government.

This was what Bangkok Poll found out after conducting an opinion poll among a total of 1,117 people from all regions of the country.

It conducted the poll after an idea of national government was floated by some members of the National Reform Council.

Bangkok Poll said over 50% of people it asked agreed with national government to run the country rather than an elected government.

They said the national government could do better than elected government to run the country and to continue implementing the national reform and reconciliation policies of the military junta.

They said as the country is not yet prepared for reform, a rush to election could bring conflicts again.

However 35.5% of people disagreed with the national government saying the elected government could resolve the differences.

Bangkok poll said southern people supported national government most by 62.1% majority, followed by Central Region 60.6%, East 59.8%, Bangkok 55.7%, Northeast 53.9%, and North 53.6%. ,

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/poll-supports-national-government-to-resolve-conflicts-and-bring-unity-back-to-country

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-25

A great idea to stop the cycle of elections, protests and coup again which is probably what will happen again if just a few years.

Of course we know which side is going to want to get all the power and not for the benefit of the people just themselves.

Edited by uty6543

Once again, reporting of polls in Thailand is deficient.

No links to details. Normally a poll has a report associated with it.

No reporting of details, including important items such as the actual questions asked.

Insufficient breakdown of demographics, for example by age, education, gender.

No indication of the sampling method; no ability to determine if it is representative of the population.

No reporting of margin of error.

huh.png

In other words, no basis for credibility.

It's the weekend, that's about the only thing these polls can be relied on to tell..

I conducted my own poll. 60% think it's the weekend, 25% think it's a working day, and 20% don't know.

Oh and -5% are from another planet and don't care.

Edited by catterwell

These people don't want to rush into anything silly like elections. It's also silly to have an elected government as the poll shows.

BUT the PM will be here only as long as it takes to organize new elections. Thailand is a democracy, the world is assured.

I need a beer.

Wouldn't this national government be headed by a certain retired general by any chance ?

Well he has to stick around at the top until a slot on the Privy Council becomes free...

"national government" vs "elected government"

A government of a few people rather than a government of the people.

The polling is getting ridiculous ... now they are polling people to see if people would accept the de-facto situation they already have as a more-or-less permanent situation.

Field Marshal Sarit would be proud... coffee1.gif

These people don't want to rush into anything silly like elections. It's also silly to have an elected government as the poll shows.

BUT the PM will be here only as long as it takes to organize new elections. Thailand is a democracy, the world is assured.

I need a beer.

WE --Thailand want elections, but what is the use when the worst of the corrupt on BOTH sides are still in the market.

Hopefully democracy we have not had for a long time is straightened out, no one else to do that but thee PM now, if you think an election because it is the proper thing to do is the answer quickly Sorry to foul on your strawberries.

Give me your version if you want it quickly what do you do ??? have elections---UP TO THEM ??? no solution.

Note to the BKK Poll people, suppression of all opposition is not the same thing as unity...

Note to you, your post is a lie and well you know it. Opposition is no problem extreme opposition is a problem so lets get it in prospective...Your post is OTT.

Try looking at the Shin regime (yes we have to compare) google up the control by Thaksin over the press and TV in his era---100% more control than now---YOU FORGOT.

Note to the BKK Poll people, suppression of all opposition is not the same thing as unity...

Note to you, your post is a lie and well you know it. Opposition is no problem extreme opposition is a problem so lets get it in prospective...Your post is OTT.

Try looking at the Shin regime (yes we have to compare) google up the control by Thaksin over the press and TV in his era---100% more control than now---YOU FORGOT.

Yaaaawn more BS

now back to the topic why they keep putting out these 'polls' to feign some sort of 'public support' yet run scared of elections? we all know WHY

I wish they'd just make a decision (install a "national government", extend the Junta's reign, postpone elections until all "reforms" are in place, or whatever), then fashion a poll which supports this decision.

Majority now is the key word. argue all you like about stupid polls--I hate them---reality is the key-----your minority just want the army out because they to you are not the flavour of the month-------and I agree, If you follow the events over this last year--no way perfect BUT more has been done than the 4 years of PTP, what sort of actual leader was Yingluck ?? we have to compare it's healthy, then we know if Thailand is on the right path. The army is not the right path and the PM is actually stating this. try his job after Yinglucks non efforts.

Yaaaawn more BS

now back to the topic why they keep putting out these 'polls' to feign some sort of 'public support' yet run scared of elections? we all know WHY

Your agenda is quite clear---army out no matter what dung we get in control after you election---you think it is a good solution NOW, honest ?? Democracy will not exist until ALL the B/S politicians are OUTED.

The yawn from you is because my honest post does not fit your agenda, please not this topic brings out all the minority TVF members ha ha ha

Yaaaawn more BS

Of course you don't need a poll to tell you what the public really want. Your red shirt friends can tell you without any poll nonsense.

The academic rigor and credibility of this poll is impossible to gauge based on the usual crap level of reporting detail. However, we all know polls can be very misleading and downright wrong - just ask Milliband.

Why not ask the Thai people? Easy to include a question on the referendum about the new charter. "Do you support a national unity government or should there be an election? That would be interesting to really see.

The whole political process needs reforming. Something very wrong with a system in which people can be paid a salary by their party over and above the normal state salary for being a MP and Minister; the laughable party list system that allows positions to be bought or awarded for grace and favor (and of course to make money; and the way politicians act above the law and cavort with known criminals.

And yet the Thai people continued to elect Shianawtra governments. Why is that do you think? Vote-buying? Corruption? Black magic?

Edited by Down the rabbit hole

Of course you don't need a poll to tell you what the public really want. Your red shirt friends can tell you without any poll nonsense.

It would have been a good comment, had the people of Thailand not voted for what were esssentially red-shirt governments so often. You should have told them you knew better - they might have listened.

Yaaaawn more BS

Your agenda is quite clear---army out no matter what dung we get in control after you election---you think it is a good solution NOW, honest ?? Democracy will not exist until ALL the B/S politicians are OUTED.

The yawn from you is because my honest post does not fit your agenda, please not this topic brings out all the minority TVF members ha ha ha

Maybe, but I agree with him, it was more BS and it was boring though I'm sure everybody would understand why you said it and then why you defended it. Are you Thai?

And yet the Thai people continued to elect Shianawtra governments. Why is that do you think? Vote-buying? Corruption? Black magic?

I would have picked vote buying. whistling.gif

Ha Ha, and yet they kept shooting themselves in the foot with corruption --of course they were re (paid for) elected, BUT THAT WAS BEFORE, Shouting -no just putting the point over.

voted in last time with 35% ish ?? and having to pay for (it has been said) a coalition to form one and then what did they do---Google it.

You should now be on catch up, as your old Shin -happy days are over.

"it asked agreed with national government to run the country rather than an elected government."

These are not mutually exclusive choices. Many countries have elected national governments. If they can't even get that concept straight, what good is asking which they prefer?

Of all the 'polls' and different articles on TVF for the last 18 months, this one is the scariest, in that it indicates where things are going in the medium/long term.

The constant 'drip' 'drip' of public opinion supporting a particular route - even if the poll methodology is suspect, is one of the oldest political tricks in the book.

I would have picked vote buying. whistling.gif

Hello my good friend, I am still waiting my attitude adjustment from you but what the hell!

As I have stated before according to Mark the Democrat party spent more on bribes than the reds,it is so very open down south!

As for Jinjag where is your " but you newbies know nothing statement "

As I have stated before I am not a redshirt supporter just someone who likes facts and not fiction!

All I want is my adopted country to get its act together, whoever is in power,(but not Kermit and Fuzzy bear!)