Aviation agencies urged to boost personnel quality

Lite Beer

Aviation agencies urged to boost personnel quality

BANGKOK, 25 July 2015 (NNT) – Transport Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong has asked all aviation-related agencies to speed up the improvement of their personnel’s abilities to boost the country’s aviation industry.

During his speech for a national academic aviation conference, Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong said the government had a policy to strengthen the aviation industry. One of the missions is to upgrade existing airports to develop the country into the regional flight hub. ACM Prajin commented that the expansion of aviation industry requires enhancement of all types of resources, be they aircraft, services, maintenance systems and workers.

According to ACM Prajin, related agencies need to pay importance to development of their human resources by enforcing internationally-approved operation standards and launching training to bolster their personnel’s abilities. The Minister added that production of efficient staff is a worthwhile investment, for it can raise the country’s competitiveness and reduce foreign employee imports.

The Aviation Training Association speculated that the aviation industry may need more than 200,000 pilots and technicians of the same number in the next 20 years, adding that training courses will likely be adjusted to better serve the need of the airline business.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-25 footer_n.gif

Transport Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong has asked all aviation-related agencies to speed up the improvement of their personnel’s abilities to boost the country’s aviation industry.

Dont even bother with your Lip Service and blah blah blah - Ban from Europe and US will come soon for Thai Aviation post-4641-1156693976.gif Thai Airways are finished like the rest of this Non Justice for Foreigners country ... angry.png

In LoS the words ' speed up ', ' improvement ' and ' abilities ' are dangerous at the best of times but to be used in the same sentence and about one subject ... ! rolleyes.gif

Edited by NongKhaiKid

"the aviation industry may need more than 200,000 pilots and technicians of the same number in the next 20 years"

OK, admittedly they said "speculated" and "may" and "up to", but ...

That's up-to 100,000 flight-crews, or 12-15,000 extra aircraft, flying for Thai airlines, an impressive expansion of Thai airlines if not a major exaggeration ? wink.png

Or perhaps he envisages Thailand becoming the Hub of pilot-training, for planet-Earth, all to be up to Thailand's famously-high standards ! blink.png

"I have a dream", as Martin Luther King once said. facepalm.gif

Edited by Ricardo

Yes! Hurry up and improve abilities. Snap fingers and it's done! Whew! Now it's Singha time....

I completely gave up on trying to work with the RTA maintenance personell.

I'd tell them a hundred times the procedures.....THE BOOK.

They'd just grin at me & keep on doing the same things.

They had the oil pan off a $100,000 USD truck one day. Those bolts are special bolts, engineered for one single purpose. There's 18 of them. Two are larger than the others & 2 are studs that also hold an electrical bracket. You have to take care of them.

Nope they got tossed on the ground like a used som-tam bag.

I was trying to run an efficient work-flow.......production if you will.

They had 100% zero interest in learning.

develop the country into the regional flight hub

Hub of red cards and downgrades.

Damn I love being first.

Hub of highly trained engineering in Asia

Hub of the most in your face reality check

Hub of Thaksin took all your money and ran

Yes! Hurry up and improve abilities. Snap fingers and it's done! Whew! Now it's Singha time....

I completely gave up on trying to work with the RTA maintenance personell.

I'd tell them a hundred times the procedures.....THE BOOK.

They'd just grin at me & keep on doing the same things.

They had the oil pan off a $100,000 USD truck one day. Those bolts are special bolts, engineered for one single purpose. There's 18 of them. Two are larger than the others & 2 are studs that also hold an electrical bracket. You have to take care of them.

Nope they got tossed on the ground like a used som-tam bag.

I was trying to run an efficient work-flow.......production if you will.

They had 100% zero interest in learning.

Yep. Mai pben rai. Farang worry too much. Mai pben rai.

develop the country into the regional flight hub

Hub of red cards and downgrades.

Damn I love being first.

Hub of highly trained engineering in Asia

Hub of the most in your face reality check

Hub of Thaksin took all your money and ran

Another cheerleader just had to invoke the name of the bogeyman in Dubai into something totally unrelated. You guys are really, really weird...coffee1.gif

Back on topic; I think that it will take years for Thailand to catch up to international standards and the consequences will be grim. How long did it take Indonesia and the Philippines to remove their red cards?

Whole Thailand needs to boost their personnel quality.

Aviaton is as international as it gets and for that they need to spea inlit. Mai ben rai and aviation don't go together, it's a shame Thailand didn't see that.

How long did it take Indonesia and the Philippines to remove their red cards?

~ Five years. I think Indonesia is still in the penalty box?

EU takes all Philippine airlines off blacklist after five years http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-takes-all-philippine-airlines-off-blacklist-after-five-years-1508194

The bigger issue might be, what, if any, action Thailand might take in response to potential aviation bans? Will they react with nationalistic fervor, and attempt to ban foreign airlines, even if that means tourism suffers?

Thailand is like a giant juvenile delinquent who will not go to school, will not listen to anyone, beats up on people, does not want to work, drinks and just wants to hang out, look cool, talk a bunch of sh*t and boom boom with bad girls all the time.

I guess that is why I like it here so much... smile.png

Edited by NCC1701A

"like a giant juvenile delinquent who will not go to school, will not listen to anyone.."

Yeah, that's how we all start off when we set out on our own legs so to say. In most countries the military will then take care of a bit of basic discipline during your service period; be that voluntary or compulsory duty. Some are lucky enough to learn how to navigate the skies or the seas. Those that go on to receive university education or engineering college training will make use of what they learned so far and end up overseeing other people's work. Same in aviation.

Over the years I have seen Thais working as licensed aircraft engineers around Asia and Africa without any lack of responsibility or skills visible when compared to their peer group. Consequently I assume that it is indeed a matter of education and training. Meaning financial investment in training staff from the ground up. Secondly it is the commitment to an international aviation QA (quality assurance programme) which takes care of the little human failure tendencies including 'loss of face, bad day, laziness, etc., which you can well do without in aviation.

In summary, to have all that in place you need to spend big money, which as a matter of fact is no different to running a nuclear power plant, bullet train and any other big bang sensitive operation.

Now coming to the rest of the qualities of the 'giant juvenile delinquent' it is of course much more fun to be a ski instructor or beach bum - when your are young! But once the tattoos start looking like your arm has been through Hillary's shredder, the quality times of your legacy become more import for the rest of your journey. Not so?

Bon voyage,

Fritzz

Thailand is like a giant juvenile delinquent who will not go to school, will not listen to anyone, beats up on people, does not want to work, drinks and just wants to hang out, look cool, talk a bunch of sh*t and boom boom with bad girls all the time.

I guess that is why I like it here so much... smile.png

Well said!

Allow me to add that they also want to appear as a chaste Buddhist culture that does no wrong all at the same time.

Edited by jaywalker

It has probably been asked before but are these quotes from officials actual directives to the parties concerned or just words, because they like the sound of their own voice.

I would like to see some follow up in the media as in on the 25/07/15 he said and on the 26/07/15 they did, commenced, replied to the order. But no never anything after this hot air escapes, and so it goes and deadlines approach.

I think it's time to bring in some experienced westerners to get things on the right track. The way things are going presently the Thai airlines are going to be banned everywhere. It's a bloody shame. Wake up and smell the roses Thailand aviation.

It has probably been asked before but are these quotes from officials actual directives to the parties concerned or just words, because they like the sound of their own voice.

I would like to see some follow up in the media as in on the 25/07/15 he said and on the 26/07/15 they did, commenced, replied to the order. But no never anything after this hot air escapes, and so it goes and deadlines approach.

Para 1: Don't know in this case because I haven't followed it very closely, but in Thailand it's normally the latter.

Para 2: {lace no trust in the Thai media, therein lies confusion and madness.

ACM Prajin just had to get the ususal xenophobic remark in didn't he "reduce foreign employee imports."

Just lovely words for the rabble. Next day the order goes out for the hiring of hundreds of westerners to help "retrain" Dept of Civil Aviation inspectors and train new ones. That said, it's not like giving a First Aid course in five days. You needs years of hands-on experience in the air and on the ground, to say nothing of the high standard of English needed to understand technical manuals. I just can't see it happening without five to 10 years of intense training and experience. Yeah, right . . .

I think the issue starts at the top. Having worked in the Thai aviation industry I have seen plenty of people promoted beyond their ability based on who they know.

Cronyism and nepotism are endemic in the private and public industry.

Edited by Charlie Croker