• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 26

Famous Singer Tik Shiro Involved in Fatal Bangkok Car Accident, Two Dead

2. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

3. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

4. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

5. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

6. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

7. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

8. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

9. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

10. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

12. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

13. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

Russian revived from coma, faces charge for Phuket motorbike crash that killed fiancé

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt they can squeeze some more money out of him.

coffee1.gif

Why would you say that? In many other countries, especially in farangatopian ones, if there is evidence of reckless driving, especially in cases causing death, the police / prosecutors will charge the culprit. In Oz there have been numerous cases where it has been announced that "he / she will face charges when they have recovered from their injuries"

With regard to insurance of the bike / police vehicle, like any MVA, the driver at fault (or their insurance company) is liable for the damage. If the insurance doesn't cover the full cost of repairs, the driver pays an excess / the balance.

I really think some of the TVTBs need to think before commenting a lot of the time

Everyone talking about motorbike and car insurance, but these guys haven't any personal or travel insurance for cover medical bill. This is more reckless thinking. But what i see most of young Russians no have any insurance. They play Russian roulette and sometimes loose....

It's almost impossible to get travel insurance cover for Thailand because of the political situation (article 44). There again one might ask, why come to Thailand if you cannot get travel insurance? aAnd so the Russian roulette begins for everybody!

Sorry, but completely not true.

The only thing that will probably not be covered are damages caused by military rule, so if a tank hits you you're not covered. Anything else: you can buy travel insurance and will be covered for all the usual events.

Neither the rented bike nor the police vehicle had insurance? Odd that the victim's family should have paid for the damages.

Mandatory motorbike insurance covers 15.000 baht in hospital costs.

Maybe you should ask why they did not have travel insurance, or maybe if it was void because the driver did not have driving license.

Also be aware that normal western travel insurance only cover motorbikes up to 50cc

Actually, up to 200cc. But I don't know what Russian travel insurance covers.

he skidded on a wet road obviously camber conditions prevailed he lost control and hit a parked police car under those circumstances he cannot be charged with reckless driving a lot of accidents in Thailand are caused by bad road conditions and bad drivers .

R.I.P young lady.

The real sad part is if this had been a Thai driver on the bike, he would have been fined 1000 baht and sent on his way and that includes Thais who drive recklessly and kill innocent falang walking on a sidewalk.

This poor young man wakes from a coma to huge medical bills and to the news his fiance was killed in the accident. The family of the young lady pays for all damages, but Thailand still wants to prosecute him.

That is heartless vengeance in it's purest form.

Thais who drive recklessly and kill innocent falang walking on a sidewalk. Has this ever happened? It probably has, but in ten years of living here, I have

never read about it. Would it be that it is deliberately kept out of the news for some reason? Has anyone ever known this to happen?

They said they both came off the bike when it skidded or slipped on the wet road, they said it was an accident, damages have been paid, the girls mother does not want to press charges, but the police charge him for reckless driving, yet a child under age is molested and the molester offers to marry her, and that is deemed ok as the both parties had agreed to not bring charges, i feel for this boy after waking up to that news, but its more money for the Thai government, and seems like they need it lately

Everyone talking about motorbike and car insurance, but these guys haven't any personal or travel insurance for cover medical bill. This is more reckless thinking. But what i see most of young Russians no have any insurance. They play Russian roulette and sometimes loose....

It's almost impossible to get travel insurance cover for Thailand because of the political situation (article 44). There again one might ask, why come to Thailand if you cannot get travel insurance? aAnd so the Russian roulette begins for everybody!

The only thing that will probably not be covered are damages caused by military rule, so if a tank hits you you're not covered. Anything else: you can buy travel insurance and will be covered for all the usual events.

wrong. Some companies (not all) will sell you insurance but you are not covered for personal injury - in fact, it's more difficult since martial law was lifted and article 44 put in place. I just has a conversation with a company called Staysure in the UK. They tell me insurance is not valid in a country which they deem to be unsafe due to War & Civil unrest (although if you had an existing policy before it started it would remain valid for 72 hours). War & Civil unrest includes; "War or warlike operations (whether war is declared or not), civil war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, mutiny, uprising, rebellion, revolution, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, conspiracy, military or usurped power, martial law or state of siege" (copied from their website)

http://www.staysure.co.uk/travelinsurance-portlet/doclib/STS11/erv/policywording.pdf (page 47)

Imagine:

You wake up from a coma, you find out your bride-to-be is dead, you blame yourself, and you now face a lawsuit in a foreign country where you don't speak the language...

feel for the young guy

No lawsuit. He is being charged, in other words, he'll get a fine, probably 500 or maybe even 1,000 Baht.

wrong. Some companies (not all) will sell you insurance but you are not covered for personal injury - in fact, it's more difficult since martial law was lifted and article 44 put in place. I just has a conversation with a company called Staysure in the UK. They tell me insurance is not valid in a country which they deem to be unsafe due to War & Civil unrest (although if you had an existing policy before it started it would remain valid for 72 hours). War & Civil unrest includes; "War or warlike operations (whether war is declared or not), civil war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, mutiny, uprising, rebellion, revolution, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, conspiracy, military or usurped power, martial law or state of siege" (copied from their website)

http://www.staysure.co.uk/travelinsurance-portlet/doclib/STS11/erv/policywording.pdf (page 47)

So did you ask them: is Thailand covered?

I wrote these things for a living BTW, so know a little bit about this.

some years ago i tragically killed a young 16 year old student, (his fault) (doesn't make it any better to swallow) and i had insurance companies ringing me up to ask if i wanted to make a claim against the poor lad's estate, i was totally disgusted, by this, this was in the U.K.

Surely the rental agreement would have had insurance if only 3rd party and the police car would definitely have had insurance after all they are the police and would not be running about in an uninsured vehicle, just an all-round sad story can only hope Sergey Koltsov will get over the accident that cost him his fiancé and she can RIP.

Imagine:

You wake up from a coma, you find out your bride-to-be is dead, you blame yourself, and you now face a lawsuit in a foreign country where you don't speak the language...

feel for the young guy

Imagine:

you are waken up by a phone call or a knock on the door and told your daughter has been killed in a motor traffic accident caused by her boyfriend in a foreign country where you don't speak the language.

Sorry ..zero feelings for the young guy.

...my condolences to the family

...but.....what bs...

...it was a wet road...and the motorcycle slipped...

...and what about insurance....

...and where was the vehicle stopped......

...he lost his fiance and has to be charges......for what ???

What if an airline pilot was drinking and you crash, he to goes into a coma. Now many people perish and he awakes, is he libel? Hell yet!

So, driver in charge, drinking. In the West, in-voluntary manslaughter.

Surely the rental agreement would have had insurance if only 3rd party and the police car would definitely have had insurance after all they are the police and would not be running about in an uninsured vehicle, just an all-round sad story can only hope Sergey Koltsov will get over the accident that cost him his fiancé and she can RIP.

Motorbike probably only very limited 3rd party injury insurance, which is compulsory. Police car probably not insured, but would not matter anyway, the guilty party would be liable for damages anyway.

A very similar post to yours has been made earlier.

So he is charged with reckless driving causing death yet the Red Bull brat, Honda killer and now the HiSO mixed race actress get away with it. Whats wrong with this picture folks?

All three you mention got charged.

Charged yes.

Sentenced I doubt it.

So he is charged with reckless driving causing death yet the Red Bull brat, Honda killer and now the HiSO mixed race actress get away with it. Whats wrong with this picture folks?

All three you mention got charged.

Charged yes.

Sentenced I doubt it.

So they got charged, as Sergey will be. He'll get a 500 Baht fine, end of story, same as always happens here after a accident.

So they got charged, as Sergey will be. He'll get a 500 Baht fine, end of story, same as always happens here after a accident.

Exactly, usual 500 baht fine, end of story, so long as there is no more money to be 'extracted' by the police or the system.

If your a Farang in this country ( specially a tourist ) and accidentally slip up with anything YOU WILL pay !!! This is Thai Law..... Sad, but true.....this country is racist to Farang and will rip you off wherever they can.

“The accident happened at 1:45am,”

Not a good time to be driving a motorbike or even a car really.

Hey gran-pa get a life ! Even back home in the states my friends and I would go out on weekends untill 2am in the morning when the clubs closed and I don't even drink. When we came over to Thailand same same , you expext young people to go home by 10pm and go to bed? If were wet conditions could have happened at any time day or night.

Edited by Tony125

“The accident happened at 1:45am,”

Hey gran-pa get a life ! Even back home in the states my friends and I would go out on weekends untill 2am in the morning when the clubs closed and I don't even drink. When we came over to Thailand same same , you expext young people to go home by 10pm and go to bed? If were wet conditions could have happened at any time day or night.
Maybe he was just indicating that at that time the chances ate there are more drunks driving than at many other times?

Neither the rented bike nor the police vehicle had insurance? Odd that the victim's family should have paid for the damages.

RIP young lady....

They tried to do the right and generous thing and instead of respecting it, Thainess looks on them as fools and now will hold the guy for "ransom". If he could have run from the scene they would respect him.

It is the same mindset as how Thai women see a generous man as a fool and try to deplete his every bank account before somebody else gets the fool's money. Yes, even marrying the bloke, batting eyelashes and telling him he is handsome...so wallow in the delusion of pit bulls and Thai wives, "But mine is different."

RIP young lady....

They tried to do the right and generous thing and instead of respecting it, Thainess looks on them as fools and now will hold the guy for "ransom". If he could have run from the scene they would respect him.

It is the same mindset as how Thai women see a generous man as a fool and try to deplete his every bank account before somebody else gets the fool's money. Yes, even marrying the bloke, batting eyelashes and telling him he is handsome...so wallow in the delusion of pit bulls and Thai wives, "But mine is different."

Pure puerile drivel and nice for managing to bring all Thai women and even pitbulls into your non-sense comment. This man is 100% responsible for his fiancee's death, and should be charged. Truth be told he is probably lucky it happened in Thailand because all he will cop is a fine. It is at the very least reckless driving occassioning death. If it was in Oz and they could prove mitigating circumstances, negligent driving, excessive speed, under the influence of drugs or alcohol then he would also be facing court and a lengthy jail term. Regardless of the tragic circumstances regarding this girls death he is a fault and all the Thai bashing in the world is not going to change that fact.

The accident happened at 1:45am,

In London the Clubs closes at 0600 .....