Good Old Blighty!

N47HAN

Ok so I except it is to be proven in a court of law, however Toxin is under serious allegations of fraud. We know that , he knows that , and Mr. Blair KNOWS that so what do we do......

Welcome him in VIP style :o and he is allowed to stay "several months" :D

We could learn some lessons here from the Thais I reckon.

( Just putting my opinion forward about how LAX the U.K is )

Would this apply to a normal citizen under allegations and was wanted to answer questions back in their homeland, ?Would the UK allow them in if they were aware as much as they are about him ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I except it is to be proven in a court of law, however Toxin is under serious allegations of fraud. We know that , he knows that , and Mr. Blair KNOWS that so what do we do......

Would this apply to a normal citizen under allegations and was wanted to answer questions back in their homeland, ?Would the UK allow them in if they were aware as much as they are about him ?

Well they seem to want to turn away my daughter - im British but born abroad - British father British grandparents - lived in UK since age 2 paid taxes last 5 years about 100,000 pounds but ask for nationality for my daughter born to my legally married (not buddhist or tribal) thai wife and told maybe not - waiting for home office in UK to rule on it

well see but mie penrie the way i feel i think its better she has Thai nationality

Disgruntled from tunbridge wells

. He'll get asylum like every other asylum seeker. :o

Well now, see my entry on the "are you still coming" topic about Zimbabweans, most of whom in my experience and perception are amongst the most honourable and worthy people in the world (as a general rule, I emphasise), if not influenced by Mugabe's cronies and CIO, either for the oppressors or trying to survive.

Edited by Cool Water Palace

Thats the man.

Apparently his case got thrown out for going over the statute of limitations because Thaksin managed to delay the case so long as to make it go over the statute (ex: he left the country when his court date was scheduled).

who`s bill monson.

btw: on of the ads on this page was a

"send a thank you to tony Blair for helping GWB in Iraq!" :o:D:D

God forbid he holds up international law and frees 50 million people. God forbid he shows a pair and hunts down terrorists their holes-I hate clowns.

Eventually, it will be up to the country to file charges against Thaksin and request his extradition (or for him to return) to face those charges. He is innocent until proven guilty. It might also be hard for this to happen as long as the constitution is suspended, since many of his issues appear to be constitutional issues.

At any rate, I am sure with his money (as with nearly everyone and nearly everywhere), he will have few problems remaining in Britain. And for him, I think a visa run is called a holiday!

I am sure he will have a diplomatic passport thus negating the need for a visa.

Incorrect. Diplomatic status is only conferred tot the bearer in the country he works.

e.g. You only have diplomatic status in one country, the country you are posted to. Anywhere else you are not allowed to use your diplomatic credentials and either use a normal travel document or your dip pass with no priviledges.

(Both father and brother are diplomats - call it inside knowledge)

Thakisn does not have diplomatic status as he is no longer head of government and if he is travelling on a diplomatic passport it is no longer valid and he has eneterd the UK on an invalid travel document.

he has eneterd the UK on an invalid travel document.

thats an interesting , if somewhat pedantic , point.

the uk doesnt have a visa on arrival system , if his diplomatic status was not recognised , then how did he get in. i would imagine that with business interests and investments in the uk and europe he already has some kind of "leave to remain" as well as any diplomatic status.

has the uk formally accepted the coup leaders as the governing authority in thailand yet ?

GET OFF YOUR BAR STOOLS LADS

It might, if you give it a little thought, occur to you that it is in the very best interests of Thailand right now that Thaksin is out of the country and that by accepting Thaksin into the UK the British are doing something possitive to help the current turmoil cool down.

The coup and the subsequent government have a string huge tasks ahead of them, not least of which is dismantling the controls Thaksin placed over the levers of power in Thailand.

Having Thaksin holed up in the UK while that happens is good news for Thailand.

Perhaps you'd rather Thaksin were sent back to Thailand where he might call on his undeniably large popular support base in rural Thailand to futher stir the sh1t and keep Thailand in the turmoil it's been going through for the last two years?!

Nah, leave him where he is and let things settle down so Thailand can get on track.

/rant

YO..did he get a visa on entry in the UK OR CAN HE STAY BECAUSE HE'S GOT LOADS OF LOLLY???

If he comes back to Thailand will he have to answer the original question he was first asked when he became PM? "where did your money come from"? He did not answer......

It will be interesting to see if he will be tried for giving the ok to extraditually(can't spell) kill all the so called drug dealers 3 years ago.Also giving the ok to kill the unarmed muslims in the south? Will mr. Blair turn a blind eye because he was Mr. bushs friend..?????Too many unanswered questions..HEY nots let forget all the buddies he has..........

GOOD LUCK TO THE ARMY HERE!! It seems their the only ones not on the take......... :D

he has eneterd the UK on an invalid travel document.

thats an interesting , if somewhat pedantic , point.

the uk doesnt have a visa on arrival system , if his diplomatic status was not recognised , then how did he get in. i would imagine that with business interests and investments in the uk and europe he already has some kind of "leave to remain" as well as any diplomatic status.

has the uk formally accepted the coup leaders as the governing authority in thailand yet ?

Technically and for what its worth Mr T is still recognised by not only the UK but also the WORLDS Governments as the Legit leader and Prime Minister of Thaland.....for wot its worth..... :o

Actually, Rinrada, that is incorrect.

Technically, as well as practically of course, Thaksin is no longer head of anything to do with ruling Thailand. The world's governing bodies have put Thailand into a state of 'neither here nor there' - a type of oblivion, if you wish.

The head of state is till the King and he has endorsed the new system. There are not only democracies at the UN . . . I'm sure it will take some time for the websites to change, however.

Welcome him in VIP style :D and he is allowed to stay "several months" :D

well my friend,

i suppose that we could look at the situation this way. :D

mr toxin is not a very popular punter in thailand at the moment and has not been for quite a long time. :D

actually, he has been living on borrowed time so to speak.

the ones that seem to like him are the ones that he has payed off with his wealth.

the others are the ones that hope to gain from his wealth and his ex position.

i dare say that his supporters might be a tad worried at this time. :D

now if we look at this in a positive light, this situation is brilliant because he cannot return to thailand and is stranded in the old blighty with all the other sad punters. :D

now who in there right mind would rather be in the blighty than the brilliant los. ?

its a win win situation for us all and the bleeding poms can have the fella. :D

karma working at its best.

cheers friends :o

And why does the UK give asylam to this guy, Akhmed Zakayev, a former Chechen leader who is wanted by the Russians for murder.

It is particularly galling to British citizens who can't get their wives or chilldren here but we will accept ex terrorists and murderers.

I would also love somebody from the Government to explain to me how we can put Saddam Hussain on trial but we wouldn't put Pinocet on trial.

By comparison, Thaksin is a pussy cat.