Drive Train Slop, Clunk on a Honda 250R

Anyone on here got a Honda CBR 250R ABS?

How much clunk/slop do you have on your drive train?

Depending which gear I am in at the time there is a noticeable clunk as you apply or release the throttle.

I took a look at the bike tonight and if I grip the rear sprocket and try to rotate it I can get about 10mm movement, maybe 5mm each way, is this normal? (This is free rotation on the rear sprocket, not touching the rims or wheels just simply grabbing the sprocket and twisting.)

If it needs tightening is it just the cush drive rubbers or is something else amiss? Not wheel bearings I hope? (But the guy I bought it off did drive it so that the rear passenger constantly clunked their heads against his every time he changed gear)

Chain is fine, well within limits, the bike only has about 14K on it.

Money to repair this is not an issue, it is a Honda not a Ducati or other Italian piece of rusted junk that will cost an arm and a leg to repair! (Joking OK!)

Cheers.

Edited by menzies233

Never noticed any freeplay or any clunk.

I would not have really expected to be able to rotate the rear sprocket, I can understand it being sort of "sprung" on the rubber cush drive, but rotation seems to be wrong.

I'll get it checked later this week or next. I am worried the backlash will bugger the chain or the drive shaft.