Phuket: Man, 68, escapes motorbike fireball

webfact

Man, 68, escapes motorbike fireball
Eakkapop Thongtub

1438156720_1-org.jpg
The charred remains of the 20-year motorbike lie on the road near the Taling Chan Bridge. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 68-year-old man was spared from being engulfed by fire when his trusty old motorcycle erupted into flames in Phuket Town this morning (July 29).

Prasit Katanchaleekul was riding his Suzuki Crystal motorbike from his house and was crossing the Taling Chan bridge near Surin Circle when the flames took hold.

“I had just filled it up with gasoline,” Mr Prasit said. “The while riding along I felt my feet getting, so got off the motorbike as quickly as I could.”

Mr Prasit’s fast exit was well timed; seconds later his motorbike burst into flames and exploded.

Rescue workers from the Kusoldharm Foundation, whose headquarters are just over the bridge from where Mr Prasit’s motorbike blew up, were quickly on the scene.

They took 10 minutes to douse the flames by using two chemical fire extinguishers and then water cool the charred remains of the frame..

Mr Prasit was a little upset by the incident.

“I had this motorbike for 20 years and I never had any problems with it, until it decided to blow up on me,” he said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-68-escapes-motorbike-fireball-53412.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-29

Not what I would call 'trusty'

Trusty, as an adjective to describe something that explodes in flames, its an interesting a yet somehow inappropriate use of the word really.

Old faithful Labrador that puts its life on the line one last time, ok I can see that as trusty.

Why not 'deadly' or 'lying in wait to kill the owner for 20 years'.

You might suggest trusty is appropriate because it started every time, for 20 yrs.

However I suggest that you wouldn't call Anders Breivik, the Norwegian mass murderer trusty, just because he didn't kill anyone for 20 years.