Drunk Swiss man tied up on flight to Bangkok

webfact

This Swiss geezer was out of control.

Its time to apply Thai style government to alcohol distribution on aircraft.

Or issue the attendants with tazers.

Speaking of flight attendants, they are not mentioned in terms of this incident, seems (from what's reported) the passengers did all the work to subdue and tie up the drunk.

What ere the flight attendants doing? Perhaps just all repeating mai phen rai.

My experience of Thai flights, they do not get involved. I have been on several flights where Chinese passengers are having a stand up argument and not a flight attendant to be seen.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror, one witness told Blick."

Screamed in horror?

Surprise, yes

Annoyance, yes

Anger, for sure

But horror, not so sure I'd scream in horror.

...at 40,000 feet?

Don't be too sure.

Bravo TAT. Another quality tourist arrival. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

correct,the land of dirty money and a couple of self rightous posters on here,have the Swiss repatriated the looted fortunes back to the owners yet,post all you want but you are still dirty

Speaking of flight attendants, they are not mentioned in terms of this incident, seems (from what's reported) the passengers did all the work to subdue and tie up the drunk.

"Members of the cabin crew tried to calm him ..."

Actually they were mentioned. I doubt they're hired based on their brawn or Muay Thai experience.

thai-airways-international-2.jpg?itok=ri These hands are lethal weapons ... not.

In a new strategic move, Thai Airways now does its ads by newspaper articles, like the one above. Its message:

We are Thai.

Hospitality is our business.

We satisfy your needs.

We quench your thirst.

We put you to rest.

"Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror, one witness told Blick."

Screamed in horror?

Surprise, yes

Annoyance, yes

Anger, for sure

...at 40,000 feet?

Don't be too sure.

Someone climbing over the back of a seat?

Still not seeing horror.

I knew a QANTAS Flight Service Director mid 90's, big lad. He told me then that the most used piece of equipment on a plane was the plasticuffs.

They should have a room smaller than the head at the back of the plane for someone like this. Lock him in with a bottle of water and some bread, leave him there until the proper authorities can cart him off.

Anyone ever considered WHY there are so many western nutters these days from who all the fuses blew?

Actually yes, I do have a theory. At the risk of being laughed out of court, here goes.

Three years ago I was severely beaten whilst working as a taxi driver in the UK (before I moved to Thailand).The perpetrator wanted me to switch the meter off, I refused. As a result I lost some ( a small amount) of the sight in my left eye (peripheral vision) He was a habitual Marijuana user. Marijuana has been effectively decriminalised throughout much of the west. A policeman dealing with the incident told me that this has resulted in the widespread production and consumption of new, much more potent strains of home produced weed. He suggested that one of the effects of significant use of this stuff is that the user becomes much more prone to losing control of their temper and violent reaction to what they see as any attempt to refuse their demands.

As I said, only a theory.

Edited by JAG

I shall not elaborate in any detail my elevated status whilst traveling to Thailand in an excited states on many trips, except for the unlimited drinks served to me - even a bottle of French wine or two - and the fact that I was well behaved and knew how to "wai" and say "khap khun mahk khrap" - quite unlike this drunkard. In Alaska, we would have done one other thing in addition to tying him up; wrap his big mouth up with duct tape 3 times and give him a kick in the ass.

Phew. Thank God it wasn't a Brit! passifier.gif

You beat me to it, I was going to say "Thank God it wasn't an Aussie or a Brit, stick it to the Swiss for a change". clap2.gif

..................................."Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror, one witness told Blick.".......................................

Gee, nothing like that ever happens on the flights I am on, they are usually 9hrs of sheer boredom.

Nine hours of sheer boredom on a plane beat nine hours of being cooped up with a complete dick anytime..

Anyone ever considered WHY there are so many western nutters these days from who all the fuses blew?

Doesnt living in the west do your head in? It did mine

You're in the right direction, and there are lately plenty of reasons for that.

Screamed in horror?

Surprise, yes

Annoyance, yes

Anger, for sure

...at 40,000 feet?

Don't be too sure.

Still not seeing horror.

I'm seeing my fist connecting with his nose.

Phew. Thank God it wasn't a Brit! passifier.gif

You beat me to it, I was going to say "Thank God it wasn't an Aussie or a Brit, stick it to the Swiss for a change". clap2.gif

..................................."“Like a madman he climbed over the seats, regardless of whether passengers were sitting in them or not. Children and women screamed in horror,” one witness told Blick.".......................................

Gee, nothing like that ever happens on the flights I am on, they are usually 9hrs of sheer boredom.

----------------------------

Some years ago I was on a Singapore Airlines flight that had a stop in Bangkok.

Two Germans were drinking beer in the aisle talking to their friend. They were asked several times to sit down as the fasten seat belt sign was on due to turbulence. Eventually with all that turbulence one of the Germans spilled a class of beer on another Chinese passenger from Singapore.

A bit of an altercation started which led to some punches bring thrown. Unfortunately for the Germans this Chinese guy knew some martial arts and he wasn't drunk like they were.

I definitely would have given the round to the Chinese guy on points.

But when the plane made it's stop in Bangkok, all 4 of them were taken off the plane to "discuss" their conduct with the Thai police.

That was not a boring flight.

Exactly. Seems that the THAI flight crew did nothing. Same thing happened when I was on a flight from Dubai and two passengers started fighting over one hitting the back of the seat of the other. No crew to be found, all cowing behind the curtains. Makes you wonder what they'd be like in a real emergency, doesn't it.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Screamed in horror?

Surprise, yes

Annoyance, yes

Anger, for sure

...at 40,000 feet?

Don't be too sure.

Still not seeing horror.

I'm seeing my fist connecting with his nose.

That I could see happening.

I know I wouldn't smack him but I would understand the reasoning of someone who did.

Wonder if he would have eventually just gone to sleep if they kept feeding him double shots of whatever he was drinking? Stopped his complaining before he started climbing the seats. Hard to tell from the article and I don't sympathize with a drunk being a pain in the ass, I have seen enough of them outside of flights. But I recall a very drunk yank on his final connecting flight from Singapore to Bangkok. When he got onboard in Singapore, he was rambling about Soi Cowboy and Nana. The trolly dolly gave him about 4 or 5 big drinks and he quieted to a mumble until we landed in Bangkok. Then what must have been his last reserve of energy kicked in and he tried to run off of the flight when the door opened, it was actually very funny, the fool! or tool also comes to mind. He was a slight nuisance, and I'm sure would have been much worse if the flight attendant had denied him his booze. Of course the safety issues around drunk passengers and need to have control over ones self are still there.

I think you are all missing the point here.

This is a notification of another quality tourist arriving in Thailand. coffee1.gif

the question is, what did the Thai's do to him when he arrived? was he allowed to stay or put on the first flight back to is country? I am beting that the Thai's let him stay!

They put him on the bus to Pattaya, that's where most of the quality tourist go.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif