German woman found dead in bath of Phuket hotel room

Lite Beer

German woman found dead in bath of Phuket hotel room

1438417292_1-org.jpg

The woman was staying on the 15th floor of a well known hotel in Phuket Town.

PHUKET: The maid at a Phuket hotel discovered a dead German woman in a hotel bath yesterday afternoon (July 31). Police are currently awaiting results of an autopsy to confirm the cause of her death.

At 2:30 pm yesterday, Phuket City police received a call from a well known hotel in Phuket Town stating that one of their guest had been found dead inside the bath tub in her room.

Police and rescue workers arrived and were led to the 15th floor of the hotel and a room where the the naked body of a 64-year-old German woman (name withheld until the family has been notified) was lying lifeless in the bath tub.

Police have stated there were found no signs of assault or injury on the body and that there were no signs of a robbery in the room. The roomʼs air conditioner was still running.

The body was taken to Vachira Hospital for autopsy.

Hotel staff told police that the victim had checked-in at the hotel on Wednesday night (July 29) and that she was staying alone. She was due to check-out on August 8.

At 9:30am on Thursday (July30), a hotel maid went to clean the room and noticed that the victim was drinking alcohol while she was cleaning.

She returned the next day to clean again but found the door was locked. She repeatedly knocked on the door but received no reply. She returned at 1pm and again tried to gain entrance to clean the room. When there was no reply she called the hotel manager to open the door.

“When we got the door open we saw the victim lying lifeless in the bath so we called police” said hotel staff.

Vachira Hospitalʼs Doctor Chaikoj Anukulkarn said it appeared as if the victim had suffered acute heart failure. He believed that she must of had a pre-existing health problem but will have to re-examine the body at the hospital to be sure.

Police are contacting the German embassy to notify them of the womanʼs death so they can contact her family.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/german-woman-found-dead-in-bath-of-phuket-hotel-room-53460.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-01

drinking alcohol that early in the morning, if this has been her life style for many years no wonder she died at a relatively early age. RIP

If she'd just arrived the night before, it could be the whole jet lag thing. Maybe she wasn't able to sleep on her first night and was having a drink then a nice warm bath and going to bed to get her body clock onto Thai time.

Either way, dying alone a long way from home isn't a nice thing.

RIP

Moving between countries can wreak horrors on the body. At my age in forties, fit and healthy, don't smoke, exercise regularly, after just 4 weeks of travel in Indonesia and Phuket to finish off, when I came home my whole body was sweating profusely especially my back (Sheets were wet under my back for a few days), I got the flu, had to take sick day off work after only 2 days back, took about 2 full weeks before I was back to normal. Never took any drugs only some of those "Grachai Dam" and the like herbal boosters when you are with kitty. Had the flu also in Phuket I think due to those extremely cold air con and got acute back pain to point could not sleep and had to take drugs. I guess I am just getting old.. bloody hell

....let's oversimplify it all again...

...the maid said...okay...case closed.....

...foreigners are drunks that cannot control themselves....

...please administer a blood test at least....

...and who knows she was not robbed.......

...did the maid say so too........

Moving between countries can wreak horrors on the body. At my age in forties, fit and healthy, don't smoke, exercise regularly, after just 4 weeks of travel in Indonesia and Phuket to finish off, when I came home my whole body was sweating profusely especially my back (Sheets were wet under my back for a few days), I got the flu, had to take sick day off work after only 2 days back, took about 2 full weeks before I was back to normal. Never took any drugs only some of those "Grachai Dam" and the like herbal boosters when you are with kitty. Had the flu also in Phuket I think due to those extremely cold air con and got acute back pain to point could not sleep and had to take drugs. I guess I am just getting old.. bloody hell

Go to see a doctor. STD's are everywhere......just in case

It isn't unusual for Germans to drink early in the day. I've often seen them with a beer at 9am or earlier at station buffets. Different culture....

Whats culture go to do with drinking early in morning... Iv seen English, Australians, Americans, Russian, just to name a few......

Police have stated there were found no signs of assault or injury on the body and that there were no signs of a robbery in the room. The roomʼs air conditioner was still running.

Did the police have a list of her possesions ... ? Clowns !!!

Did the police have a list of her possesions ... ? Clowns !!!

"Clowns !!!" After a few short sentences of a short press report you have it all figured out?

The powers that be should have got you to look into the missing Malaysian flight, you could have saved all those families over a year of pain...