Setting Up An Broadband Isp In Thailand

kenjin

If I have the fibre optic already installed and want to setup as a broadband ISP, what do you reccon the start up cost would be and monthly cost for say 20,000 customers? And what telephony company in Thailand could supply the B.Width.

Ok Fire away.....

You seriously think you can compete with the Thai ISP's??

The very fact that you are asking here makes me doubt your commercial skills.

First you need a licence. NTC: National Telecommunications Commission

Price that up first.

Even the Thai isp's cannot get decent international bandwidth

So add the cost of a satellite or two.

Shin corp may have some going cheap.

Aternatively try CAT and TOT

For any additional information I will be happy to quote you my monthly rates as a consultant. :o

If I have the fibre optic already installed and want to setup as a broadband ISP, what do you reccon the start up cost would be and monthly cost for say 20,000 customers? And what telephony company in Thailand could supply the B.Width.

Ok Fire away.....

To start to setup a Broadband and ISP Services, first you'll need a license. Responsible for all license inquiries ar the NTC, National Telecommunications Comission, located at 87 Soi 8 Pahon Yothin Road in Bangkok.

If you need Information call to Khujn Saksith Sasibutr, Tel.: 0 2278 3355 or send e-mail to [email protected]

He speak english very well and will give you all info you'll need.

You seriously think you can compete with the Thai ISP's??

First you need a licence.

Price that up first.

Even the Thai isp's cannot get decent international bandwidth

So add the cost of a satellite or two.

Shin corp may have some going cheap.

This would be a Thai ISP, its not mine, I certainly don't have the money to start it up. I think you`ll find CAT will supply international bandwidth and exchange but I belive its the only NSP in Thailand I am not sure if there are others. I just need to know the startup cost of a regional ISP backbone. considering that we have the infrastructure already in place, that being overhead fibre optic cables.

So people who know what they are talking about, need only to reply to this topic.

Edited by kenjin

So people who know what they are talking about, need only to reply to this topic.

Again: everything starts with a license. The only government department responsible for this is NTC!

But at the same place you'll get info you need or you asking for. I do NOT believe that you will get the info, you asking for, here in this forum!!

Anyway without "public" license you will be a sub-contractor of an real licensee only!! Which will cost more than you go the direct way! :o

Again: everything starts with a license. The only government department responsible for this is NTC!

But at the same place you'll get info you need or you asking for. I do NOT believe that you will get the info, you asking for, here in this forum!!

Anyway without "public" license you will be a sub-contractor of an real licensee only!! Which will cost more than you go the direct way! :o

thanks Reimar, I know it has to be licensed, but what i am really asking is an estamated equipment cost, I.E. Routers, Severs, Trancievers etc. theres no point in applying for a licence just yet untill I know the hardware cost.

I was hoping that there maybe some CISCO qualified Techys who read the board, then I could of possibly created an English speaking contact over here in Thailand. If this is viable, then there may be oportunities for the right people.

Like I said the infrastructure is in place and we own it. We could just lease the cable out, but what i have been asked to do is find out the viabilty of setting up ourselves has an facilty owned ISP.

I was hoping that there maybe some CISCO qualified Techys who read the board, then I could of possibly created an English speaking contact over here in Thailand. If this is viable, then there may be oportunities for the right people.

It would probably be best to contact the Cisco office and have them send a representative to your site and evaluate it for you.

Cisco Systems (Thailand) Ltd.

28 Floor, "The Offices at Central World" Bldg.

999/9 Rama I Road, Patumwan

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Phone: +66 (0) 2263-7000

Fax: +66 (0) 2254-6000