What's the best value new car in Thailand right now?

Is it possible to get a new car / pickup for around 600 - 700,000?

I know that's not much, but don't spend a lot of time in Thailand at the moment and my missus destroys vehicles.......

Possible to buy one well under that.

Japanese brand Eco cars start from around 360K (Suzuki Celerio), and Pickups start from 460K (Nissan Navara).

I know that's not much, but don't spend a lot of time in Thailand at the moment and my missus destroys vehicles.......

Yes, You can get a decent new car or pick up for that money with a fair amount of extras. Buy new if you can, there is a lot of crap out there "Pre-owned". For what they charge for used vehicles, a hundred thousand more can buy you a new vehicle.

• Like 1

There is of course no answer to the question - the way you asked it

I don't class a pick-up as a car for example.

I would pose the question very specifically - for example...

I want to buy a pick up, as I do not like my mother in law sitting in the cabin. I want a two seater, with no chance of a third person getting in the car. There must be an open tray on the pick up so my mother in law gets wet when it is raining. wai.gif

What is the best and is the best the cheapest???

clap2.gif

Yep,"car" is pretty non-specific...

car
kär/
noun
  1. a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.

The OP has been chatting in threads from the Ford Ranger to the Nissan X-Trail though, so I'm guessing he's using the dictionary definition ;)

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Honda Accord Hybrid....a 4 million baht car for like 1.8 million...thats good value to me...

Only kidding, but nice car though.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1438674574.039119.jpg. Here's one they made a while back

You mean they have done away with the lane sensors, and 360 cam view?

Looks like they have modified the front end, and made extra headroom....thats much better now!!!

The factors that determine the price on pickups are 2 or 4 doors, manual or auto box, 2 or 4 wheel drive and engine size

You can get the new ranger with 2.2 engine, 2 doors and auto box for around 750k I think

The factors that determine the price on pickups are 2 or 4 doors, manual or auto box, 2 or 4 wheel drive and engine size

You can get the new ranger with 2.2 engine, 2 doors and auto box for around 750k I think

As I mentioned in another post, the new Suzuki Ciaz starts at less than 500,000 baht, that's if you're happy with a car. I imagine there would be some pretty good late model, low klm pickups around now for 500,000 or so.

Accord 4 millions style hahahaha

Are you sure you looked inside ? Seen any leather ?

Honda Accord Hybrid....a 4 million baht car for like 1.8 million...thats good value to me...

I had a test drive in the top of the range Accord Hybrid three weeks ago ... very nice and plenty of leather!! very quick but the suspension is somewhat firm, much firmer than the Camry Hybrid.

Not sure about 4M thb but it will be well over 2M thb by next year.

• Like 1

Bwaahahahaaa....!!

I had a test drive in the top of the range Accord Hybrid three weeks ago ... very nice and plenty of leather!! very quick but the suspension is somewhat firm, much firmer than the Camry Hybrid.

I also test drove the Accord Hybrid and the Camry Extremo, the Accord was quite 'sporty' and powerful, but the Extremo was 'gutless' with not much power. Maybe the Camry Hybrid would be a little more powerful, I don't need superpower, but enough power for biggish car....I like the Accord, don't know why that other guy said about no leather. I did test the Camry Hybrid 2 years ago in Bkk, but so much traffic, I couldn't 'open it up'. I ended up buying a Pajero Sport, but i think its time to go for the Accord i think.

Google your question ... lots of websites with information about buying / selling cars in Thailand

I'm in Chiangmai and looking to buy a new car in September to replace the Honda CR-V I bought new here 7 years ago ....

... I'll probably go with another new CR-V around 1.3 million.

Anyone want to buy my present CR-V .... only 80,000 km ... full service log (Honda) ... around Baht 550,000 ... have seen similar for Baht 600,000+ on secondhand websites.

p.s. had a look at the new Ford Eco-Sport SUV yesterday ... around Baht 700,000 looks good value and reviews are positive (check YouTube videos)

Toyota Vios. Why, it is safer than a motorbike and it keeps you dry while affordable to buy and maintain. Ours cost 550k 10 years ago and have not had any issues with it what so ever. It does not have much power and is not fancy. A friend of ours bought one about three years ago fully loaded for about 750k. A lot of improvements were made but a little pricey to me would rather go without all the thrills. For that price I think a low end quad cab pick up is a better deal and it sits a little higher. Toyota has a great supply chain and service compared to most manufactures. Gets better mileage than the Hondas. Not a big fan of Mazda although I loved my Mazda 6 a few years ago but it seemed last better than others who also owned the same model. Mitsubishi ? Do not like the looks or ride, but the pick ups are ok if you want a stiffer ride than other pick ups, I had a diesel about 7 yrs ago so maybe better now. Had a 4.0 liter Fortuner 2009 vx2 which we loved. Great power and get up and go, hard to get stuck, lots of room, the rear view mirrors made a howling notice above 140km/hr. The worst thing was it rode rough on the road. A long drive would make me worn out. Gave it to a friend who still has it( company car not literally gave away) and still drives great. I think the price is too high in Thailand to buy one though, my opinion. When we move back to LOS we will go back to the Vios I am pretty sure unless I can afford an SUV without straining my finances as I feel it is much safer.

Its hardly any more expensive than the top spec non hybrid Accord so it looks good value on paper. I don't think Honda are selling that many and its included in their current 0% offer - I doubt it will get a price hike.

The issue with it is that many comparable non hybrid cars offer the same economy, apart from in town where it get 50mpg and its obviously alot quieter when in EV mode

• Like 1