Budget airlines must declare number of seats available for sale in their promotion campaigns

webfact

Just like Agoda does in her advertising, only one room left.

I consider this false advertisement, thus lying.

You are so right. Agoda, although I still use them at times, is dishonest. They are owned by Priceline. I sometimes stay at a hotel in Chaiyaphum. They quoted me a price, and I said let me check Agoda. The hotel price was the same as Agoda, but then Agoda adds a 10% service charge, and a 7% Vat, neither of which the hotel charges. Here is a hotel probably trying to earn 10% over the course of a year from their investment. Agoda, with $0 investment in the hotel, is making 17%, in 1 minute of their computers time. That is a great way to make money. You build no structure, and still receive a better return than the hotel. Genius!

yes it is ..... and captian kirk sells it well .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Asia comes to mind ... constantly receiving mails with amazing promotions only to find out that its fake prices they advertise ...

They are not fake! I flew myself SG->BKK for 9 (nine) Bath once

And later for 300.

People keep forgetting that they are not alone in the internet.

If you post the ticket I will believe you ... or maybe you Work for Air Asia ... blink.png

BTW how many hours were your plane delayed ... ? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Air Asia comes to mind ... constantly receiving mails with amazing promotions only to find out that its fake prices they advertise ...

And later for 300.

If you post the ticket I will believe you ... or maybe you Work for Air Asia ... blink.png

BTW how many hours were your plane delayed ... ? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

AA's last sale they were offering flights for ZERO frequent flyer points, all you pay is the departure tax. And yes, I got one.

3 weeks ago I bought 16 Airasia tickets for 3 usd all include per ticket. It is exist.

Find some comments about AirAsia a bit negative. Recently they had end of financial year sale. It was about 2 weeks before end June. They then had another just before end financial year. Prob to boost bottom line. Anyway I had no trouble booking approx 60 flights from now till end Aug 2016. Some examples 200baht return to krabi. 1400 return HCMC. 600 return udon thani.

I won't go on. Many more. Also no silly booking fees. Unlike jetstar.

I love AirAsia and also don muang.

Also next trip to AU we travel all over country as they had a two for one sale. Example fly back melb to bkk $340aud for 2 people.

I find the airline sales easy and honest.

Have you ever tried to change a ticket with them ? If you ever do you will also be negative.

NO I WONT. low cost fares allow zero change. Flight of say 700baht may cost 1400 in change fee. You book knowing this. If you cannot use the original flight , tear up ticket. With AirAsia and most low cost you can pay extra on original purchase and allows changes. Mind you ticket will be double cost or more. You want it both ways.

Your post typical whinger of low cost flights

It's the dreaded asterix * i hate, going back to Sydney

recently EVERY promotion with a price had one of

those bloody * * * after the price, why do they lie and

twist things around to baffle people why not just tell it

like it is.

My lowest direct flight bkk to melb with jet star ever was $380 aid return.

Next trip back there consists of bkk Singapore (with air Asia) few days there then to Perth, gold coast, melb, Sydney, melb, Hobart, melb, bkk. All up about $700.

Cheap flights is about being in situation to be flexible. Not wanting a change. Moreover accepting changes are basically not possible.

When i fly sometimes taxi is more than the flight.

Sitting in Phuket right now. (Kata) tomorrow fly bkk. Airasia ticket 490baht. My taxi kata to airport 800baht.

Cannot understand the complaints about cheap carriers.

BTW i rate airasia the best. Jetstar very good also.

Find some comments about AirAsia a bit negative. Recently they had end of financial year sale. It was about 2 weeks before end June. They then had another just before end financial year. Prob to boost bottom line. Anyway I had no trouble booking approx 60 flights from now till end Aug 2016. Some examples 200baht return to krabi. 1400 return HCMC. 600 return udon thani.

Also next trip to AU we travel all over country as they had a two for one sale. Example fly back melb to bkk $340aud for 2 people.

Have you ever tried to change a ticket with them ? If you ever do you will also be negative.

Most likely because you expected to get the same great deal of a promo flight on the changed ticket, and it just doesn't happen. For example, I have a late Oct booking KUL - Gold Coast that cost me AU$114. If I wanted to change that to the next day there would be a fee plus an extra $72 for the difference in ticket price.

I booked the wrong date at bangkok air and send them a email. The next day they changed my ticket for free.

Air Asia comes to mind when it comes to fraud promotions.

Put up or shut. AirAsia recently had an end of financial year sale. I booked about maybe 40 flights between now and end Aug 2016. Most prices just plain crazy and I did this over many days. No purchase frenzy. Easy as pie.

Have two return to kabi and ubon etc 100baht each way. Hcmc 700 each way.

Udon thani 290.

Surat thani 490.

Many others.

Where is the fraud you refer to. Do you even fly?

And later for 300.

I can confirm this too - we've had flights for zero money, just taxes with Air Asia on 4 occasions over the years, and that's booking 2 people. You just have to play the game. We've also got ourselves up to Chiang Mai from Bangkok for 500 baht or less more than once on Air Asia, Nok and Thai Lion Air.

We're going to KL for a wedding at the end of September, and I've been watching the prices for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I booked the return leg, KL to Chiang Mai for just over 1,000 baht each. I will watch every day for the Chiang Mai to KL leg and will book when it is on special. Yesterday it was 3,800, today 2,750. I'll just bide my time and wait until it comes down, I have plenty of time, so I'll play the game. Actually, skyscanner can send a daily alert so you don't have to log on if you're not inclined to.

Budget airlines offer cheap basic fares then charge for everything else. That's how they work, that's how they make their money. I don't think it's fair for anyone to accuse them of fraud, because if you have the time and patience and are flexible with your dates there is no reason you won't get a good fare. You won't get a good price on the Friday evening flight to Bali, because everyone wants to go there for the weekend. Same goes for the return flight on Sunday night because everyone has to get back for work. Midweek though, it's a different story.

Most likely because you expected to get the same great deal of a promo flight on the changed ticket, and it just doesn't happen. For example, I have a late Oct booking KUL - Gold Coast that cost me AU$114. If I wanted to change that to the next day there would be a fee plus an extra $72 for the difference in ticket price.

I booked the wrong date at bangkok air and send them a email. The next day they changed my ticket for free.

I suppose one of the most expensive airlines in the region can afford to be generous. But I am flying AA Surat-KL-Gold Coast-KL-Surat for AU$330 next trip. Or for about the same amount, I could fly Samui-BKK return with Bangkok Air. You will pardon me if I pass.

Airasia, what a rip off. Booked a flight from perth to bali six weeks in advance. Two day later tried to cancel/pospone because i had to go for operation and then couldnt fly for three months. They wouldnt do either, i had also booked my fiance on the same booking, as a curtsy if i sent a copy of our marrage certificate then they would re-emburse her flight. In their loyalty program we have booked many flights with them, never asked for said marrage cert, at the time was angry but now just laugh. But will email them every time i book a flight and hope to piss them off.

I wish they would force airlines to advertise the all inclusive price for all flights including international flights as they do in the UK.

They do .....read the small print. Its all there

Airasia, what a rip off. Booked a flight from perth to bali six weeks in advance. Two day later tried to cancel/pospone because i had to go for operation and then couldnt fly for three months. They wouldnt do either, i had also booked my fiance on the same booking, as a curtsy if i sent a copy of our marrage certificate then they would re-emburse her flight. In their loyalty program we have booked many flights with them, never asked for said marrage cert, at the time was angry but now just laugh. But will email them every time i book a flight and hope to piss them off.

Boo hoo. Buy travel insurance or run the risk.

Everyone wants cheap flights and if they catch cold want change date facility. Get real!

Put up or shut. AirAsia recently had an end of financial year sale. I booked about maybe 40 flights between now and end Aug 2016. Most prices just plain crazy and I did this over many days. No purchase frenzy. Easy as pie.

Udon thani 290.

Surat thani 490.

Many others.

If you must tell lies you should try to remeber what you have already posted.

I wish they would force airlines to advertise the all inclusive price for all flights including international flights as they do in the UK.

They do .....read the small print. Its all there

I mean without having to read the small print.

I normally book from the UK so I havent looked at advertised flight prices in, for example the Bangkok Post, for a long time, but they used to always be excluding airport taxes and booking fees etc.

Are you saying that they do advertise the total inclusive price now?

Udon thani 290.

Surat thani 490.

Many others.

If you must tell lies you should try to remeber what you have already posted.

I don't see any lies. Just good deals.

Budget airlines suck! Went to Bkk from Phuket with Thai for a price lower than the Air-Asia rip off with hidden fees and taxes for anything that is free on proper airliners. If these budget rip offs would just disappear, I wouldn't cry a tear...

Edited by MockingJay

surely they can charge whatever fare they want!!

its a free world.

car companies are not CAPPED to sell their cars at a Minimum price!!

Supermarkets slash prices all the time to compete..

they even sell certain items at a slight LOSS ... just to get peoples feet in their store!

giving away stuff for free happens in many lines of business...

why should airlines be attacked from trying to out-do eachother?

since when does the government step-in and help out the "mum and pop" shops when they dont stand much of a chance against 7-11 !!

seems a bit bias.. and most likely something suspicious going on

Not fake, but ya gotta be quick.

I once got a round trip from KL to Siem Reap for US$30. That was because I stalled, I could have bought it a few hours earlier for $20. I paid more in visa/airport taxes in Cambodia (they get you on both arrival and departure).

It was on a trip to Indonesia that I learned the difference between Air Asia and Air Asia Indonesia. It was the only time in my countless AA trips that there was a significant delay, maybe 4 hours (real pain in the arse, as I didn't get into KL till midnight, and I was staying in a dodgy area). A Dutch couple told me they had been avoiding AAI because this kind of thing is common. When heard about that jet crashed recently my first thought "an AAI flight?" It was.

I guess with Indonesia any flight that doesn't fall out of the sky is considered a success.

It was not clear to me there were only 5 seats available, and in answer to your question I checked each and every date during the promo period and the promo fare was not available

I also have had some bargains, however recently I had an e mail from air asia about a promotion, and within 30 mins went to their website and the ticket was not available at the quoted price. Fair enough if I was just too late, however the same advert appeared in the newspaper the following day, now that certainly is not right

And later for 300.

AA makes it quite clear that there are 5 promo seats on each flight. Because I book well in advance, I am able to access these every flight, and usually wait for their big sales which bring prices down considerably.

Was the promo fare not available, or not available on the dates you required? There is a major difference.

Air Asia has saved me a ton of money flying all over Asia. Never had a single problem once I learned that you have to actually READ what is on the website and maybe check or uncheck a few things before you hit submit/pay. It's not rocket science.

I've gotten many of the super low ball fares by booking quickly and months in advance.

Just try and imagine what the fares would be if it were only Thai airways with no competition.

I responded to an Air Asia advertising campaign in June in which I could book flights from mid-February through to the end of August 2016. I booked 11 domestic flights for that period, at the price advertised, with every flight I wanted available.

Unless there is blatantly dishonest advertising, governments should not interfere in a company's business. They received 50 complaints? How many tens of thousands of people flew in that same period? Why not tackle something that needs tackling, such as mini-van driving and taxis refusing fares. Just doing it for one day every six months for show is pointless.

"Why not tackle something that needs tackling,"

Influential figures from the mighty Bus Companies push for less loudly promoted cheap fares from the airlines.

You remember, some month ago, the transport minister, wanted to "order" the airlines not to fly for too cheap prices.

He got that idea from the -Bus Companies-tongue.png who had a problem to compete.

So, that is now the compromise. rolleyes.gif

surely they can charge whatever fare they want!!

its a free world.

car companies are not CAPPED to sell their cars at a Minimum price!!

Supermarkets slash prices all the time to compete..

they even sell certain items at a slight LOSS ... just to get peoples feet in their store!

giving away stuff for free happens in many lines of business...

why should airlines be attacked from trying to out-do eachother?

since when does the government step-in and help out the "mum and pop" shops when they dont stand much of a chance against 7-11 !!

seems a bit bias.. and most likely something suspicious going on

Influential figures from the mighty Bus Companies push for less loudly promoted cheap fares from the airlines.
You remember, some month ago, the transport minister, wanted to "order" the airlines not to fly for too cheap prices.
He got that idea from the -Bus Companies- (special from an an influential lady) who had a problem to compete.
So, that is now the compromise, to shut them up a bit. tongue.png