Thai expert advice on how to use escalators

webfact

Recently published Thai instructions for using an escalator ... you put your left leg in, your left leg out, in out in out shake it all about, do the escaltorkokee and your turn around, that's what it's all about.

in what dimension is this even remotely amusing?

It wasn't until you bit. Now let's see if rtco will reel in.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping this would be advice along the lines of stand to one side and leave room for those of us who do not forget how to walk the minute we step on an escalator to pass by on the other side.

If you want to walk, take the stairs.

I have yet to see stairs in a Thai shopping mall. I have seen signs for emergency exit stairs, but the doors are usually locked.

Probably fire doors. Everyone in BKK knows you have to keep fire doors locked.

To keep the fire out.

"The Elevator Association of Thailand"... Doesn't that sound just a little creepy? Groups of Thais huddled in elevators, stroking the panel work, taking pictures of each other pointing at classic or unique features, writing reports on famous elevators, or 'Elevators I rode on my holidays'... Thais going on holiday just to ride in elevators. Making and selling models of them. Having their own websites with flame wars between posters when describing models, manufacturers or types. Collecting elevator serial numbers...

NURSE! More medication please!

Recently published Thai instructions for using an escalator ... you put your left leg in, your left leg out, in out in out shake it all about, do the escaltorkokee and your turn around, that's what it's all about.

in what dimension is this even remotely amusing?

Are you sure it was supposed to be amusing? He says they are recently published elevator instructions.