why is there no humour left in tvf

opalred

Humour left this forum around March 2007 - you are way too late.

I do try to insert a little bit of dry humour, wit, sarcasm etc into my posts, but many posters think I'm being serious and lay into me.

I think the funniest thread that I ever read was the one some years ago about the western guy who claimed the same seat in a Bangkok cafe every day, and various posters made it their aim to sit in said seat before the guy arrived.

Now where is that long thread? - I need a good laugh

The advent of Political correctness has distroyed humour.. It's as simple as that.. Irony, sarcasm, caricature, imitation, satire, parody etc etc.. Are now all seen as racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-religious or even deviant.. So everyone is now terified to make a glib comment in case they are vilified or worse prosecuted... Everyone now pretends to take offence and freigns outrage to be part of the gang.

The days of witty banter are over.. Even in an all male workplace the thought police are out to get you..

The advent of Political correctness has distroyed humour.. It's as simple as that.. Irony, sarcasm, caricature, imitation, satire, parody etc etc.. Are now all seen as racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-religious or even deviant.. So everyone is now terified to make a glib comment in case they are vilified or worse prosecuted... Everyone now pretends to take offence and freigns outrage to be part of the gang.

The days of witty banter are over.. Even in an all male workplace the thought police are out to get you..

Only you...

Posts commenting on moderation and responses to it have been removed as per forum rules:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I think the funniest thread that I ever read was the one some years ago about the western guy who claimed the same seat in a Bangkok cafe every day, and various posters made it their aim to sit in said seat before the guy arrived.

Now where is that long thread? - I need a good laugh

Here you go:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/191178-the-grumpiest-ex-pat-in-bangkok/

All the wingers and moaners on TVF its enough to make you laugh everyone seems to be so miserable now think its the junta just sitting there finger on the button ready to crush you if you say one wrong word against them or their potentates.

What a bitter humourless post.

No humour, no fish pictures... I wonder why I stick around.

Even if you complain, no-one listens, so you might as well not bother...

Old Faithful......

That 's cheerfulness beyond the call of reason, when you're away to the Tigers

Come on you Wyerr! (Away to Rhinos)

And out the Challenge Cup as well; they might as well knock Wembley down...

SC

EDIT: Sorry, lads, I'd forgot the roundball qualifiers. Championees Championees Away Away Away!

Then you can knock it down

Edited by StreetCowboy

No humour, no fish pictures... I wonder why I stick around.

Even if you complain, no-one listens, so you might as well not bother...

Old Faithful......

That 's cheerfulness beyond the call of reason, when you're away to the Tigers

Come on you Wyerr! (Away to Rhinos)

And out the Challenge Cup as well; they might as well knock Wembley down...

SC

From Aberdeen I challenge and raise you to

In any kind of weather!

I do try to insert a little bit of dry humour, wit, sarcasm etc into my posts, but many posters think I'm being serious and lay into me.

Back to the drawing board for me to. Put on my Dunce cap and go sit in the corner and think. At my advanced age I better not sit to long I might become a permanent fixture. Did you ever hear the joke about the turtle crossing the road?. He just wanted to get to the other side. He felt crushed when a car ran over him. Boo Boo Boo. Yeah I know don't give up your day job. Come on the rest of you old farts make this guy eat his words.

Edited by elgordo38

I do not really agree with the OP, I think there is some humour on this forum, if it was mostly just humour, I would get bored, I love to read about what the members say

whether it is positive or negative, and despite what some posters say, there are a lot of positives, but as in any forum, it is the negatives which attract most attention, and

leads to more negatives.

Yes, there are more negatives than positives, and an amount of humour, the forum is doing fine. that is the main reason there are so many posters with high post counts.

Well give it back to them, as long as a flaming match doesn't start.