Governor orders assistance for Phuket flood victims

Lite Beer

It doesn't have too to send him broke. Just cut the arterial to the airport.

Then I'd use a boat smile.png

The rain has been bucketing down, the roads are flooded, but my Chinese guests are still coming. Hotel is fully booked every night smile.png

It doesn't have too to send him broke. Just cut the arterial to the airport.

Then I'd use a boat smile.png

The rain has been bucketing down, the roads are flooded, but my Chinese guests are still coming. Hotel is fully booked every night smile.png

Good for you.

When I am in your neck of the woods I always eat at the little thai plastic chair restaurant that is directly across the road (on the east side) from the new(ish) 7/11 on the corner of the road that runs down to the beach. Same road that the offending new condos now sit upon. The owner, a cute little Isaan lass cooks great food at great prices. How would she be doing at the moment. Is that area flooded out entirely?

How would she be doing at the moment. Is that area flooded out entirely?

No, that area is fine (AFAIK). The flood water has only been affecting those houses which are in the lowest of areas, which is mainly the 'Kokmort' area, (this is the area parallel behind the main airport road 7/11, Supercheap etc. For many years, it was a large, marshland area. Now, landfill has begun and that has negatively affected the flood plain. Coupled with blocking of the canal that took rainwater from that area to the sea, and there lies the problem.

Some flooding has also occurred in Nai Yang village itself, around the new Airport Condominium area, (behind Airport Resort and Spa), because a run-off canal is also in that locality.

The Navy Police continue to ferry locals along Nai Yang 13/1, which is heavily flooded.

How would she be doing at the moment. Is that area flooded out entirely?

No, that area is fine (AFAIK). The flood water has only been affecting those houses which are in the lowest of areas, which is mainly the 'Kokmort' area, (this is the area parallel behind the main airport road 7/11, Supercheap etc. For many years, it was a large, marshland area. Now, landfill has begun and that has negatively affected the flood plain. Coupled with blocking of the canal that took rainwater from that area to the sea, and there lies the problem.

Some flooding has also occurred in Nai Yang village itself, around the new Airport Condominium area, (behind Airport Resort and Spa), because a run-off canal is also in that locality.

The Navy Police continue to ferry locals along Nai Yang 13/1, which is heavily flooded.

Good. The girl is lovely. (she is on my to do list)

I suspect the locals might not be able to ask the Navy to help them tonight - I found the Navy guys having a BBQ and knocking back beer at ex #2's hotel just now....

BTW, the flood water covers from point 1, and then around the curvy road, up to where it says 'Naiyang 13/3'. My hotels are on Naiyang 13/2 Alley.