Chad leader: Boko Haram has new leader ready to negotiate

webfact

Chad leader: Boko Haram has new leader ready to negotiate

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Chad's president says Boko Haram has a new commander willing to negotiate with Nigeria's new government.

His announcement Wednesday broadcast on Chad state radio fuels speculation that the Islamic extremists' leader Abubakar Shekau is dead.

President Idriss Deby, who led a failed attempt at negotiations last year, said Boko Haram's new leader is "someone apparently called Mahamat Daoud." The Nigerian militant group is believed to comprise several factions.

The Chadian leader said a five-nation regional army will be deployed in days and predicted it will destroy Boko Haram by year's end.

Chadian troops earlier this year helped drive the insurgents out of northeastern Nigerian towns but suicide bombings and village attacks have killed hundreds in recent months. The 6-year-old Islamic uprising has killed 20,000 people and spilled across Nigeria's borders.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-13

And the best way to negotiate with Boko Haram is with a MOAB.

The good old GBU-43/B -- don't leave home without it.

I am against warfare of any financial kind, but these inhumane, self-serving, child raping, murderous, self-righteous, ill-conceived, rabies spoor should be dealt with as harshly as possible, and then their ashes should serve as swine food so the pig crap is their only grave marker.vampire.gif

Sorry, was the over the top?

People, especially politicians have a very selective and short memory.

I almost envy them.

First we fight with terrorists. When we are not very successful we agree to negotiate with them.

We 'forget' the dead, the mutilated, the raped, the blown up, the kidnapped, etc.

We forget our high principles: "Never to negotiate with terrorists".

And the f*cking Scandinavians award them with Peace Nobel Prizes!

Do you want the names?

IMHO the Western countries have lost the right to call themselves civilized long before they are going to be subjugated by Islam.

I almost envy them.

First we fight with terrorists. When we are not very successful we agree to negotiate with them.

We 'forget' the dead, the mutilated, the raped, the blown up, the kidnapped, etc.

Do you want the names?

IMHO the Western countries have lost the right to call themselves civilized long before they are going to be subjugated by Islam.

The only ex-terrorists I can see on the list are Nelson Mandela, Shimon Peres, and Yitzahk Rabin. I don't think any of them did anything nasty in Nigeria, and none of them are Muslim. There is a recent Muslim, Malala, but you can't be referring to her now can you?

I almost envy them.

Do you want the names?

The only ex-terrorists I can see on the list are Nelson Mandela, Shimon Peres, and Yitzahk Rabin. I don't think any of them did anything nasty in Nigeria, and none of them are Muslim. There is a recent Muslim, Malala, but you can't be referring to her now can you?

Dream on...

I was thinking of Yassir Arafat and Anwar al-Sadat to start with.

But given some "wait and see" Barack Obama no doubt will join the noble company.

I almost envy them.

Do you want the names?

Dream on...

I was thinking of Yassir Arafat and Anwar al-Sadat to start with.

But given some "wait and see" Barack Obama no doubt will join the noble company.

Don't forget Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams.