Wind-up drivers beware! Motorist to be fined 2000 Baht for this tacky car decor

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a key issue to reform. No one should get wound up about it, or lose sight of springing happiness on the Thai people.

Nothing to toy around with.

And every tuk-tuk decorator will finally get their evil due.

Just another step in the right direction.

Forgive me Father because i have sinned . The first one i saw i thought it was mildly amusing . I even thought i should get one and stick it next to my "Mafia Staff Car" sicker and the bullet hole stickers.

The second one i saw the amusement had turned to 'ho hum' merging on the ' how <deleted>*ing boring' .

No -way will these stick on wind-up keys ever be as distracting as any of those fine young girls strolling down the street., with their sweet smiles and sexy legs and unless they make them all wear burgas will i be able not be distracted. Forgive me Father, for i have sinned and had impure thoughts.........

clearly the majority here does not drive a bike. Do it at 70 km/h and think of getting that stuff in your face (as it cannot be fixed properly).

hum maybe better to get a kick of taxi drivers riding in the wrong way ? note : "and refusing to pay compensation" biggrin.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/848340-bangkok-taxi-driver-goes-tony-jaa-on-road-opponent/

What about the Tuk Tuks covered in flashing lights at Christmas?

What about the Pick up trucks showing bright white circular lights at the back to make it look like they are coming towards you?

What about the disco buses with 200 spot lights on the front and a tiny space left for the driver to see out of the windscreen?

What about the buses with 6 x 18 inch diameter Stainless Steel exhausts along the sides?

What about the mopeds carrying 4 people, A weeks supply of water, A Gas cylinder and a sack of rice balanced on the handle bars?

What about the Mopeds carrying 50 Step Ladders For Sale?

What about the dangerous massively and ridiculously overloaded pick ups and lorries?

What about the schoolboys riding mopeds weaving in and out, undertaking and riding way too fast?

I could continue this list until I am dead and I dare say that will be long before this government gets to grips with any of these issues.

I am however pleased they have banned these foam wind up keys simply because the people who have them are too stupid to even know where it should be placed. Have you ever seen a wind up toy with the key not central or coming out of the back window? NO!

Everytime I see one I nearly crash my car laughing at it.

We are all aware of these issues , but if you look at the Thai law most of what you mention here is actually illegal to do.

It's up to the cops to do something about it but as we all know most of them are a bunch of lazy and corrupted police officers.

What about the extremely bright-white advertising lights that flash in darkness ?

Beggars belief where priorities lie.

No joke! I was on the back of a motocy passing one of those giant TV screens.

It was so bright the driver literally had to look down, essentially rendering him driving BLIND!

And my sympathies for the poor suckers that purchased the expensive condos directly across from this monstrosity. They literally have the Sun blinking different colors into their rooms all night long. It is so bright that it lights up buildings some 300 meters away!! Just one more reason I would never purchase a condo in this city. With my luck, two weeks after I move in one of these miniature stars would be erected directly across from my bedroom.

What about the extremely bright-white advertising lights that flash in darkness ?

Beggars belief where priorities lie.

No joke! I was on the back of a motocy passing one of those giant TV screens.

It was so bright the driver literally had to look down, essentially rendering him driving BLIND!

And my sympathies for the poor suckers that purchased the expensive condos directly across from this monstrosity. They literally have the Sun blinking different colors into their rooms all night long. It is so bright that it lights up buildings some 300 meters away!! Just one more reason I would never purchase a condo in this city. With my luck, two weeks after I move in one of these miniature stars would be erected directly across from my bedroom.

I didn't know about that light pollution hazard. Sounds awful. Thais are as unaware of light pollution as they are of sound pollution - which is everywhere there's people. I live in the Thai countryside (somewhat noisy even out here) and travel to town as seldom as possible, because of the ubiquitous noise pollution everywhere.

I look at the 2000 baht fine this way: It's just a littering fine in advance.

Next week someone is going to post up some pictures of thousands of these things (and whatever they follow with) laying on the side of some road after the adhesive fails in the Thai sun.

Then everyone will have a go at the thoughtless Thais throwing their litter all over the place... They just can't win.

Perhaps the powers that be are just tired of picking these things up off the middle of the freeway when the adhesive fails at 120 kph in the Thai sun??

hahahahhhaahahahhahahjaahahahhahaha

still laughing after a long while!

THAT will distract other drivers?

I actually thought it would make thai drivers pay more attention and, at least, see something in front of their nose!

really... I never thought this place was so much <deleted> up!

What about the Pick up trucks showing bright white circular lights at the back to make it look like they are coming towards you?

What about the disco buses with 200 spot lights on the front and a tiny space left for the driver to see out of the windscreen?

What about the buses with 6 x 18 inch diameter Stainless Steel exhausts along the sides?

What about the mopeds carrying 4 people, A weeks supply of water, A Gas cylinder and a sack of rice balanced on the handle bars?

What about the dangerous massively and ridiculously overloaded pick ups and lorries?

What about the schoolboys riding mopeds weaving in and out, undertaking and riding way too fast?

I could continue this list until I am dead and I dare say that will be long before this government gets to grips with any of these issues.

I am however pleased they have banned these foam wind up keys simply because the people who have them are too stupid to even know where it should be placed. Have you ever seen a wind up toy with the key not central or coming out of the back window? NO!

We are all aware of these issues , but if you look at the Thai law most of what you mention here is actually illegal to do.

It's up to the cops to do something about it but as we all know most of them are a bunch of lazy and corrupted police officers.

"bunch of lazy and corrupted police officers "

then, mister Balo, completelly different people to those ones who have investigated the Koh tao case, isn't it? whistling.gif

I don't believe that 2.000 Baht is a punishment that fits the crime... I would fine anyone with such a bad taste for car accessories 10.000 Baht minimum plus would I put them in a "get a life and learn how to develop style and good taste" reorientation camp for a year or so....

I don't believe that 2.000 Baht is a punishment that fits the crime... I would fine anyone with such a bad taste for car accessories 10.000 Baht minimum plus would I put them in a "get a life and learn how to develop style and good taste" reorientation camp for a year or so....

you should have begun a carreer in thai army many years ago, you would have reached very quicly a full respected very high ranking cheesy.gif

"bunch of lazy and corrupted police officers "

then, mister Balo, completelly different people to those ones who have investigated the Koh tao case, isn't it? whistling.gif

Very nice of you to drag in that tragic case in a completely different thread. Even if RTP can be lazy and corrupted it doesnt mean that we do not have the right suspects in that case.

I am more talking about the traffic cops here.

Edited by balo

Seriously??............but driving these little pieces of crap at 160kph is ok?

I take GREAT exception to you referring to my Yaris as a "little piece of crap" you F@#$%ing big snob.I was going to say <deleted> but changed it cos <deleted> are necessary and useful!!!!!!!giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif