Regents school, what happened

Anthony5

As I pass the Regents school daily, I noticed that since about a month now there is no movement any more. All signs and annotations on the building walls also have been removed, so nothing that indicates it is a school any longer.

Anyone knows what's going on?

As I pass the Regents school daily, I noticed that since about a month now there is no movement any more. All signs and annotations on the building walls also have been removed, so nothing that indicates it is a school any longer.

Summer holiday?

Summer holiday?

That's what my first thoughts were, but why would they remove the signs on the walls during a holiday ?

On the grounds is also a large billboard, which normally advertises some landmark achievements of the school, and which now also has been empty for more than 2 months.

Wrong dates for holidays.

Must be international holidays biggrin.png

Thai schools indeed have nothing like an extended holiday period now.

Indeed they seem to follow western holiday patterns.

If you check their FB site you see that major renovation/construction is underway.

https://www.facebook.com/RegentsInternationalSchoolPattaya

While you're having a great time, we've been busy bees !

Here are some pictures from the current ongoing sports hall refurbishment. The ceilings, floors and roof are getting replaced and the hall sound-proofed. What a job ! What will it look like when you'll get back ? Check out the last photo ..

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hi Anthony5,

Tim Eaton here - I'm a member of staff at Regents... and unfortunately the man who has to carry the can for the billboard lying temporarily abandoned.

Rest assured, the school is in the best health it's ever been in: another 170 new students have signed up to join on 1 September (bringing us up to about 1,150 - we've never been more popular), we're well on the way to completing a new Astroturf, sports hall, science labs, art and design zone, four new classrooms for some of the littlest students and more, all for September/October... In fact, that's my excuse for the billboard - just too much going on over the summer vacation to get round to pasting up the next poster. Give me a couple of weeks and it will be sorted.

Anyone out there wants to find out more, by all means drop me a line via the school website www.regents-pattaya.co.th. Plenty of latest news there and on our FB page too.

All the best,

Tim Eaton

Regents International School Pattaya