Is Thailand in trouble?

The other day I was watching a news program,and they were talking about the top 10 country's that have major problems at the moment and are in a dangerous state financially,because of China and falling exports etc and there was Thailand,now I am no expert but Is Thailand in trouble?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand is in trouble , but Thai government likes to take Thai way of dealing with it, which is if you ignore it, it might go away.

I do not think its going away and i think it is catching up, Thai economy has been rather immune for the past decade, one can only bluff for so long before being called out.

If Thailand was not in trouble, current government would not have reshuffled the entire cabinet.

Thailand is in trouble , but Thai government likes to take Thai way of dealing with it, which is if you ignore it, it might go away.

I do not think its going away and i think it is catching up, Thai economy has been rather immune for the past decade, one can only bluff for so long before being called out.

If Thailand was not in trouble, current government would not have reshuffled the entire cabinet.

In trouble for what?

In trouble for what?

Economy wise, DOHblink.png

If Thailand's only problem was slow economic growth, it would be in no different situation than many developing nations given the current global economic slowdown.

But it has a number of unique issues that magnifies its economic troubles such as the following:

- political volitality likely into 2016

- undemocratic regime likely through 2016

- UN human rights violations

- potential ban of food products by USA and EU

- international civil aviation violations

- muslim insurgency in the South

- high household debt

- deflation

- increased foreign relations with anti-democratic regimes

So in terms of an economic recovery, yes Thailand is in immediate trouble.

In trouble for what?

Economy wise, DOHblink.png

Explain to me why the economy is in trouble ...I have feeling your going say something like "cuz" lol

If Thailand's only problem was slow economic growth, it would be in no different situation than many developing nations given the current global economic slowdown.

But it has a number of unique issues that magnifies its economic troubles such as the following:

- high household debt

- deflation

Its not just slow, from memory the revised either export growth of economy growth into negative already.

90 something percent debt should very worrisome, as it would crash the banking system and it might do just that in the coming months

Go into a Thai bank and withdraw a large a amount of cash, never a problem. Now try that with a western bank and see what happens. You'll have to wait days at least for them to get their hands on it, some countries even want to know why you want your own money. So which banks are more liquid, which more likely to shut the doors if a bank run?

Go into a Thai bank and withdraw a large a amount of cash, never a problem. Now try that with a western bank and see what happens. You'll have to wait days at least for them to get their hands on it, some countries even want to know why you want your own money. So which banks are more liquid, which more likely to shut the doors if a bank run?

Untrue from start to finish.

You can not walk into a Thai bank and withdraw a large amount, unless you consider 100 000 to be large amount.

If you want to withdraw 1 million up, you must notify the bank 24 hours in advance at least, if very large sum, they will tell you how many days needed

Banks in the West work the same way, unless you talking about banks in Greece.

You can not walk into a Thai bank and withdraw a large amount, unless you consider 100 000 to be large amount.

If you want to withdraw 1 million up, you must notify the bank 24 hours in advance at least, if very large sum, they will tell you how many days needed

In my part of the West, one exits the bank with a cashier's check. No fool would walk out with a large amount of cash.

- high household debt

- deflation

"But it has a number of unique issues"

Unique?? With a slight adjustment to a word or two here and there, that probably describes the issues facing most countries.

If you mean is Thailand a 3rd world country going down hill the answer is obviously yes.

If they're going down hill, the slope has been greased (Greeced?) by the great economic planning of the big time players.

eurozone_matches_euro_on_fire_collapse.j

0.jpg

8627492_G.jpg

eurozone_matches_euro_on_fire_collapse.jStrange but I see the Euro has increased about 8% in value this week alone.

0.jpg What I have seen is that they simply suspended trading, instead of buying, to prevent collapse but in the end it will be a losing battle.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/short-seller-chanos-china-worse-160745836.html#

Lingering concerns about China have helped drive stock selling, but investors may still underestimate how much the world's second-largest economy has slowed, short seller Jim Chanos said Friday.

"It's worse than you think. Whatever you might think, it's worse," he said

TAT numbers are up the B of T says the baht has depreciated 10% already(really?) and its steady as she goes. They have something like 160 billion US in reserves. Manufacturers are complaining about the high Thai baht but are being ignored. The government in their infinite wisdom say the country is in deflation but prices are rising everywhere. Drought is dragging down the economy. Consumers are tapped out banks have tightened lending rules. The car rebate program sold 1.3 million cars but banks reprocessed 400,000 of these due to lack of payments. Most offshore workers on TV say there is no work sooo you do the math. Also throw in the bombing to stir the pot.

BS ! Several occasions , I have withdrawn 1 M THB and more, no warning , no notification and no red flagging like in the nanny/police states.

BS ! Several occasions , I have withdrawn 1 M THB and more, no warning , no notification and no red flagging like in the nanny/police states.

1. Who said anything about red flagging

2. DO you struggle with basic English? I said i million UP

3. How exactly do you do you if you were red flagged back home or in Thailand?whistling.gif

4. Will take your word how you withdrew millionsrolleyes.gif

my experience: no problem to withdraw 4.5 million (when i bought a 43 year old car two years ago) although i had to wait an hour or so till more cash was supplied to the branch.

my experience: no problem to withdraw 4.5 million (when i bought a 43 year old car two years ago) although i had to wait an hour or so till more cash was supplied to the branch.

Branch i use advises to order in advance to have the money ready.