14-year-old female students dies after being assaulted by her seniors about a month ago

webfact

14-year old female students dies after being assaulted by her seniors about a month ago

BANGKOK: -- A 14-year old female student who was badly gang-assaulted by her seniors and later hospitalized since late July has succumbed to her death at her hospital bed Wednesday.

The victim, a Mathayom 2 student of a school in Phitsanuloke, was reportedly assaulted by a group of Mathayom 3 students on June 11. It was said that the senior students were angry that the victim often chatted with male students of Mathayom 3 through Facebook.

They reportedly dragged her by the hair from the first floor of the school building into a toilet on the 3rd floor where she was badly assaulted.

The school management alerted the victim’s parents to bring her home after it learned about the incident. The victim did not tell her parents that she was assaulted and she was taken to the hospital where she was diagnosed of suffering from complications from allergy and was administered with medication.

However on July 27, the girl was rushed to the hospital after she suffered vomiting and went unconscious. She was admitted into the hospital’s ICU and had brain surgery. Since then she never regained consciousness until she died on Wednesday.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/14-year-old-female-students-dies-after-being-assaulted-by-her-seniors-about-a-month-ago

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-26

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.just look at the zombie-like faces on the BTS for a glimpse of the Brave New world

Quite so.

The fumble for smartphones when the crowds get on the BTS is depressing as one looks over a sea of absorbed bent heads playing Candy Crush or posting inane drivel on Facebook instead of looking at the wonderful world around us.....or in the case of this tale the horrible world around us.

Rest in peace young lady.

Edited by MrBrilliant

Oh, the habitual Thai bashers will lap this one up ! biggrin.png

Nothing to do with Thailand other than reflecting the fact that the disease of facebook is well-established in The Kingdom. Don't need to read dystopian novels anymore...just look at the zombie-like faces on the BTS for a glimpse of the Brave New world

I entered "deaths caused by social media" into Google and there were 15,000,200 results.

Here is just one of them -

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-craziest-deaths-caused-by-social-media/whitney-milam

So sad. Out of control bullying. They should also be investigating the school administrators (failure to contact the police) and hospital where she was taken, because you can't misdiagnose a beating for an allergy. Obviously, she had head trauma and died from complications from a concussion (bleeding into the brain).

Just the other week there was a group of 11 year old boys who were too scared to tell their parents that a friend had drowned. Girl went to hospital and was too scared to tell anybody she had been beaten.

I hope that thsi government keeps to its earlier promise about wayward kids.....these seniors should be charged for murder as adults and also their parents should also be cahrged and detained, this way these seniors aka animals will have no one to visit them in prison and they can rot and die slowly hopefully. Please the law should be changed also to name these seniors and their familes so that society can ostracised such animals.

And for all those posters ranting about phones and social media. It has very little to do with technology.

And everything to do with a culture in which the next level up in the hierarchy can mistreat those subordinate to them by right whilst the subordinates must blindly obey their seniors and accept whatever abuse, sexual, psychological, physical, that comes their way.

She has an allergy... 1st class doctors

Sent from my c64

Yep, no doubt the same idiots that should have been reading their medical study notes rather than gossiping on facebook! It's very sad that the average doctor could not detect a the physical and emotional trauma inflicted on that girl. That about sums up the education system in this country. Every free minute kids are playing on their phones rather than some other more fruitful activity. I really worry about this generation.

Can only hope seniors responsible would be charged with murder.

Next generation ladies and gentleman , beat someone because they chat on Facebook to boys

So sad isnt it ?

It seems the main part of the issue was with a year 2 communicating with year 3 students, so its the nong and pee face and culture thing again more than it is about facebook.

ie Jealousy,Thai class and age hierarchy. Thai culture is in part to blame for this type of mentality.

Lets hope the perps will be charged with murder but in all likelihood unless the dead girls family are a lot richer or connected nothing will happen but possibly a few baht in compensation.

Edited by englishoak

She has an allergy... 1st class doctors

Sent from my c64

I must say in all my years here, visits to top hospitals or local clinics I am never asked about allergy , which shocks me because this is the first question asked with any western doctor.

I have seen gf's been given medicine without asking if they were allergic .

May be not many Thai have allergy , but I find that hard to believe

Something more or less similar happened to a son of one of my wife's friends. He has some sort of mental issue (I would guess maybe schizophrenic) and some older students decided to push him down some stairs.

That was several years ago and the boy is still bedridden and pretty much completely withdrawn from reality. The school kept the mother stringing along for years with promises of investigation and compensation - neither of which ever happened.

To make things even worse, the mother believes in western fairy tales and thinks that Jesus is going to take care of everthing.

An independent autopsy should find the cause of death.

If the bashing contributed to the death then the laws must be followed.

RIP, Condolences for the family,

Some people think they have the right so dictate to others what they can say and who they can say it to.

Let this be a lesson to all, No one regardless of the station they hold has the right to dictate who can say what and to whom lest you dace the consequences.

They reportedly dragged her by the hair from the first floor of the school building into a toilet on the 3rd floor where she was badly assaulted.

The school management alerted the victim’s parents to bring her home after it learned about the incident.

school management should have called an ambulance and sent a teacher with her to the hospital..., but an ambulance at a school is bad for the image!

Yeah, right guys: the evil to address here is clearly facebook, smartphones and social media!

This case has nothing at all to do with bullying, power- and anger issues etc.

Clearly Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs are to blame here!coffee1.gif