We deserve better than Thai police’s bumbling bombing investigation

Lite Beer

Quote ""assuring punters that they could continue their boozing and prostitution-mongering without fear of a deadly attack.""

With total respect to this Police Chief, how on earth can he "Assure" there will not be another deadly attack ??

It's a Coconuts article-they tend to embelish and/or misqoute what officials say. Somyod is certainly an idiot, but I am also certain he did not state the above (In English or Thai)

We deserve better than Thai police’s bumbling bombing investigation

Why suddenly now? You've put up with their bullsh!t for decades without even a wimper.

My thoughts exactly, the police have been allowed to do as they please, seemingly forever. Now you think you deserve better, after Kamronwit, Chalerm and Thaksin?

I'm quite curious, how these clowns can keep a straight face when they put on the uniform. Surely they know (and perhaps may even feel) the looks of disgust and the mocking whispers people have for them wherever they go. Aren't they embarrassed - even a bit - that they're so completely clueless, incompetent, corrupt - even hated? They're nothing but just cheap fodder for jokes. That these bozos know no shame is really mind-boggling.

But think again - clowns exist solely to make a fool of themselves for other's pleasure. They are only deemed to be doing a proper job if people pointed at them and laughed. From this perspective, then these bozos are indeed doing a sterling job. Say hello to the latest attraction - the Brown Clowns.

Central Rama9 has stepped up security.....

for farangs....

I went in today and I had to get off my bike and let them look under the seat, I thought hmmm, that's great.... They taking security seriously now

Then I watched the bike behind me with 3 young Thais on it, they got their parking ticket without even switching off the engine never mind stopped and searched

Mother<deleted> lazy thai security

... Will never change

It's usually the other way round.

The most shameful, idiotic act was to refuse the help of the UK police who have lots of experience with bombings but no, the Thai police had to screw it up, blather nonsense whenever a microphone was spotted and be more concerned with the "image" of Thailand rather than the reality.

I suspect that the 'help' was a bit like the usa 'help' during the flooding, bloody expensive. However at a quess I'de say to be effective the 'help'would have had to be around the incident scene and managed it properly straight after the incident.

rijit

Thailand deserves its police force! If its citizens (and it's inept media) are not prepared to stand up and say they want better then they will continue to be played for "suckers" by their Keystone Cops. The same goes for almost all public organisations - nothing is going to change without effective protest AND proper investigative journalism.

Thailand deserves its police force! If its citizens (and it's inept media) are not prepared to stand up and say they want better then they will continue to be played for "suckers" by their Keystone Cops. The same goes for almost all public organisations - nothing is going to change without effective protest AND proper investigative journalism.

You must have been sleeping....

-No protest is allowed !

-Say what you want better leads to attitude adjustment camp.

-No real journalism is allowed and Junta controlled.

And yesterday the PM stated no one has the right to speak against the government and the media should not give the people a platform to do so......

So I guess your right, nothing is going to change.....

-No protest is allowed !

And yesterday the PM stated no one has the right to speak against the government and the media should not give the people a platform to do so......

i agree with waldroj. even if not allowed, the youth should stand up and show some commitment/dedication. the police can't imprison 100.000's of students (ie. the future generation of the country). the world would be watching too this time, this ain't the 70s or 80s. but (thai) youth is lazy, apathic, self-absorbed, addicted to smartphone, ignorant and so on. thailand has never known any form of enlightment like the west has known. they jumped from a feudal middleage system to a feudal capitalist consumer system. the only thing that matters is money (iphone, scoopie, hilux), a truly sad and empty existence which they try to upgrade with the occasional visit to the wat. my buddies are nihilistic. they don't like their life. they don't like their leaders. they don't like their future. their smile is the smile of frustration. their relief is booze and again, occasional buddhism escapism (basically some more brainwashing telling them they shouldn't expect too much, don't have too much desires and just accept their - lousy - life).

Edited by stickylies

-No protest is allowed !

i agree with waldroj. even if not allowed, the youth should stand up and show some commitment/dedication. the police can't imprison 100.000's of students (ie. the future generation of the country). the world would be watching too this time, this ain't the 70s or 80s. but (thai) youth is lazy, apathic, self-absorbed, addicted to smartphone, ignorant and so on. thailand has never known any form of enlightment like the west has known. they jumped from a feudal middleage system to a feudal capitalist consumer system. the only thing that matters is money (iphone, scoopie, hilux), a truly sad and empty existence which they try to upgrade with the occasional visit to the wat. my buddies are nihilistic. they don't like their life. they don't like their leaders. they don't like their future. their smile is the smile of frustration. their relief is booze and again, occasional buddhism escapism (basically some more brainwashing telling them they shouldn't expect too much, don't have too much desires and just accept their - lousy - life).

Whilst I agree with some of your points, "(thai) youth is lazy" but most of them can be bothered to press the shift key!

The most shameful, idiotic act was to refuse the help of the UK police who have lots of experience with bombings but no, the Thai police had to screw it up, blather nonsense whenever a microphone was spotted and be more concerned with the "image" of Thailand rather than the reality.

Simply it could be to big risk for them if some UK could quickly discover how good their are in their profession....

When i saw the photo i could not believe my eyes and nearly piss myself. I guess the people who took the photo did not understand the meaning of the word. But how beautifully it describe them. I think people remember Boston marathon bombing and how fast the brothers have r been identified. Here police have the picture of possible suspect but they just guessing despite they take your picture at the border. Maybe the face recognition software is not applicable there