Teenager slain in Phuket tourism pier shooting

Lite Beer

Teenager slain in Phuket tourism pier shooting
Eakkapop Thongtub

1440820664_1-org.jpg

Forensic police were called in to investigate the scene. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are hunting three suspects for the shooting at a popular Phuket pier that left one teen dead and another in hospital with gunshot wounds last night (August 29).

Police were called to Chalong Pier after receiving reports of the shooting at 11:13pm.

By the time they arrived, however, Khaimook Rescue workers had already departed, transporting the body of Amdee Jaolaeh, 19, from Pattani, and his wounded friend Isayat Malee, 28, from Narathiwat, to Vachira Hospital in Phuket Town.

One witness told police that a group of youngsters were hanging out at the pier together, when one of them took off his shirt and danced around.

“This reportedly sparked a heated argument, and they started throwing bottles at each other,” said Special Investigator Lt Col Jaroon Plaiduong of the Chalong Police.

Amdee and Isayat were injured by the hurtled bottles. They mounted their motorbike and tried to flee, but three suspects – believed to be all male – on two motorbikes quickly pulled up alongside, Col Jaroon explained.

“One suspect pulled out a gun and fired once at Amdee, hitting him in the lower neck, and twice at Isayat, who was hit in the left leg and left shoulder. Amdee attempted to ride away but collapsed on the ground,” he said.

At the scene, police found three bullet casings as well as a jacket, two helmets and a bag containing Mr Amdee’s government identification card.

“We were told that the suspects sped away toward Chalong Circle,” Col Jaroon said.

“We are checking CCTV footage and questioning more people that might have witnessed the incident or be able to recognize the suspects ” he added.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/teenager-slain-in-phuket-tourism-pier-shooting-53867.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-29

Picture it though, "By the time the police arrived" the ambulance crews had got to the scene, picked up the injured and taken them to hospital! such a speedy response from the BIB as usual, useless.

There is a rescue team on standby 50 meters from there. If there are no officers at the police station, which is also close by but further, they'd only need to travel 2 minutes to give the ambulance staff plenty of tome to remove the injured before they'd be on the spot. Edited by stevenl

Picture it though, "By the time the police arrived" the ambulance crews had got to the scene, picked up the injured and taken them to hospital! such a speedy response from the BIB as usual, useless.

There is a rescue team on standby 50 meters from there. If there are no officers at the police station, which is also close by but further, they'd only need to travel 2 minutes to give the ambulance staff plenty of tome to remove the injured before they'd be on the spot.

And the point of your post is????????????????

There is a rescue team on standby 50 meters from there. If there are no officers at the police station, which is also close by but further, they'd only need to travel 2 minutes to give the ambulance staff plenty of tome to remove the injured before they'd be on the spot.

And the point of your post is????????????????

The point is that menzies' post is nonsense. He clearly doesn't know the situation there. Edited by stevenl

Wonder what nationality the culprits are

>> Can't be Thai as Thais don't kill each other, so got to be Myanmar

Thais kill each other all the time, as any Thai person will readily tell you. Have you ever asked one?

Sorry if that gets in the way of a good straw man argument.

Only one person in the photo is wearing gloves. Forensic experts???

He may be the only one touching anything of interest...perhaps the only qualified one attending?

Don't get hung up on petty detail in attempt to stick it up the BiB. It matters not if the ungloved police touch nothing.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Thais kill each other all the time, as any Thai person will readily tell you. Have you ever asked one?

Just how anyone can come up with such an absurd statement is hard to believe. Thais don't kill each other?

Where do you get these ideas? Are you in outer space?

Then, the equally ridiculous conclusion that it was someone from Myanmar.

I hope your day job does not require logic.

Just how anyone can come up with such an absurd statement is hard to believe. Thais don't kill each other?

It was tongue in cheek.

Do you remember the police chief in the Koh Tao murders stating that "It couldn't have been a Thai as a Thai would never commit murder and that it must have been a foreigner".

You obviously don't keep up with the news which leads me to think you don't live in Thailand.

This is the hight of amateurs Rescue workers had arrived before the Forensic Police and cleared the body of the dead person and the injured person.

Walking all over the scene. Where the hell are they trained..

They needed to get the body to hospital where the doctors remove organs for donation. Cash is exchanged. One thing here counts. MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, does it matter.

I'm not God but yes it does matter. Ever hear of crime scene contamination?
Ah, so you know who is handling the evidence?

It was tongue in cheek.

Do you remember the police chief in the Koh Tao murders stating that "It couldn't have been a Thai as a Thai would never commit murder and that it must have been a foreigner".

You obviously don't keep up with the news which leads me to think you don't live in Thailand.

I stand corrected about your "style", however you are wrong in your other assumptions, are they also 'tongue in cheek'?

Or more serious barbs. Fancy not living in Thailand as an irrelevance. I do in fact, live in Thailand. Does that make me more relevant,

or perhaps less so, in being insufficiently observant.

I am digesting the information that you are a satirist. I thought the art was forgotten. I'll try to remember.

The ambulance station is right at the foot of the pier basically, while the police station IS right up the street I could see why the ambulance crew got in and out first. There are only two exits out of the pier area though, and both lead towards the police station. Would not have been hard to isolate the suspects prior to them getting to the circle.

This is the hight of amateurs Rescue workers had arrived before the Forensic Police and cleared the body of the dead person and the injured person.

Walking all over the scene. Where the hell are they trained..

Rendering aid is always the first priority, scene preservation is second. Life saving efforts may not have been exhausted on the "dead person" prior to transport. Where were you trained sir?

A general flame has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

God, does it matter.

I'm not God but yes it does matter. Ever hear of crime scene contamination?
Ah, so you know who is handling the evidence?

Do you?