Thai junta broadcast unrelated suicide vest picture

Lite Beer

I surely hope they don't search my own house, I have every item that they show as being specifically bomb making equipment, and you lot ought to be very worried also, I am sure all your houses contain very incriminating articles.

Erm.......................

So you have detonators, roller bearing balls etc at home? Interesting....

Adding the timer fuses discovered to the equipment found in Brewster's abode makes it an even more interesting place.

I used to have bomb making equipment laying around the house but my wife made me get rid of it. biggrin.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I wonder if the RTP are fools or geniuses? They have an amazing grasp of the art of obfuscation. It seems that on VIP cases like this and Koh Tao they give out so much wildly inaccurate information, that it becomes almost impossible for anyone to disentangle the facts from the mass of spurious wild leads and disinformation.

Police and NCPO deny suicide bomb vest sized from suspect

300820-imagejpeg-466202-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order said Sunday that the image of a suicide bomb vest shown in the social media among other items seized from the apartment rooms of a foreign suspect in Nong Chok Saturday was not released by the authorities but was posted by the media.

The NCPO clarified that only four images were released by the authorities: one shows the fake passports, another shows packs of ball bearings and the rest show plastic pipes and cut steel pipes and lids believed used in bomb making.

The NCPO pleaded for cooperation from members of the public to exercise caution in expressing their opinions or presenting images in a way which may hurt the image of the country and threaten relations between Thailand and the other countries.

Meanwhile, the Royal National Police Office denied as untrue a report that a suicide bomb vest was seized from the apartment rooms rented by the suspect detained on charges of possessing bomb-making materials.

The office asked netizens to stop sharing the image of the suicide bomb vest warning that they might face charges from the computer crime law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-and-ncpo-deny-suicide-bomb-vest-sized-from-suspect

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-30

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order said Sunday that the image of a suicide bomb vest shown in the social media among other items seized from the apartment rooms of a foreign suspect in Nong Chok Saturday was not released by the authorities but was posted by the media.

The NCPO clarified that only four images were released by the authorities: one shows the fake passports, another shows packs of ball bearings and the rest show plastic pipes and cut steel pipes and lids believed used in bomb making.

The NCPO pleaded for cooperation from members of the public to exercise caution in expressing their opinions or presenting images in a way which may hurt the image of the country and threaten relations between Thailand and the other countries.

Meanwhile, the Royal National Police Office denied as untrue a report that a suicide bomb vest was seized from the apartment rooms rented by the suspect detained on charges of possessing bomb-making materials.

The office asked netizens to stop sharing the image of the suicide bomb vest warning that they might face charges from the computer crime law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-and-ncpo-deny-suicide-bomb-vest-sized-from-suspect

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-30

Of course no question of WHY was it included in the press release?

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-30

So....the vest was wrong, but we are obviously to believe everything else, without question?!coffee1.gif

Have they charged this guy?

The previous stor said he was being held

under martial law for up to 7 gays without charges.

Why are they arresting homosexuals?

10 conspirators , 7 gays ,1 Jock . something about a turkey..............Any ladyboys involved per chance ! Would the head of forensics be Dr. Dolittle ?

So will the TV companies, producers, channel owners, Colonel Winthai and the whole of the Junta PR team be charged under the computer crime act and for disseminating false information which could cause public distress and lead to violence?

Or will it now be a legitimate excuse to say "it was a mistake" in future?

Wow - possibly THE most ridiculous comment I have seen this week and some people actually clicked like !!!. It must be because they saw someone attack the Junta but didn't really understand the reason why but have the required lack of ethics just to click like anyway.

Please let us know what public distress and violence this picture accusing a foreigner with no political colour as a terrorist is going to cause. Enlighten us how it will anger the red-shirts so they resume their grenade attacks and it will divide Thai society even more.

And then let us know why ALL of those people should be prosecuted - almost of whom will have no idea at all what evidence was found.

It is a very clumsy and simplistic ploy by the police to associate this man with terrorism and make the public believe he is guilty and get them off the hook for embarassing themselves for the past 2 weeks. It is a dirty trick which shows the real ethics of those in the RTP. They are not called tomatoes for nothing you know.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-30

Of course no question of WHY was it included in the press release?

Maybe came from the same historical file as the rest of the evidence?

Hahaha

For all those on the other thread who were quick to announce this investigation a success and patting the RTP on the backs for a job well done despite all the bungling and pretty feeble suspect in my opinion.

I surely hope they don't search my own house, I have every item that they show as being specifically bomb making equipment, and you lot ought to be very worried also, I am sure all your houses contain very incriminating articles.

But the award really deos go out to those who think that all skeptics and critics of the RTP were too quick to judge and now should be eating their words.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you have a motorbike around, you have ball bearings. An probably also in a washing machine (though never took one about to check). Similarly, anyone who has used pipe (or timer for that matter) always ends up with some off-cuts - and we never throw them away, do we? And making a pipe bomb is hardly hi-tech - used to be part of childhood back in Ireland although we used weedkiller and sugar back then (1960's).

I am sure the guy is dodgy - probably a trafficker of some sort or another but the bomber? I suspect not.

What was the vest ?... I do not recall seeing a photo of it.

Please DO NOT post pictures of the vest. Per the government statement:

"We would like to ask people who published that picture to stop their actions because it might bring concern to society and it could be in breach of computer legislation," they added in another tweet.

We wouldn't want any members to get into trouble. Google is your friend. wink.png

I'm in the UK at the moment and although I've been watching the reports I've not seen the picture of this vest. How will I know which picture not to post? Is it orange like the ones worn by those guys on the motorcycle taxis?

And as to the confusion as to whether the information about this mysterious Turk came from a tip-off or from hard slogging from checking cellphone logs.........

Another mistake................. or someone trying to make the BIB sound more competent than they were and claim kudos for what might have only been a really important good tip-off.

We will probably never know!!!

As I postulated this morning - one wonder whether this sudden change from 'someone tipped us off' to 'no, we did it ourselves' is to avoid having to pay out the reward?

Hahaha

For all those on the other thread who were quick to announce this investigation a success and patting the RTP on the backs for a job well done despite all the bungling and pretty feeble suspect in my opinion.

But the award really deos go out to those who think that all skeptics and critics of the RTP were too quick to judge and now should be eating their words.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you have a motorbike around, you have ball bearings. An probably also in a washing machine (though never took one about to check). Similarly, anyone who has used pipe (or timer for that matter) always ends up with some off-cuts - and we never throw them away, do we? And making a pipe bomb is hardly hi-tech - used to be part of childhood back in Ireland although we used weedkiller and sugar back then (1960's).

I am sure the guy is dodgy - probably a trafficker of some sort or another but the bomber? I suspect not.

Perfectly normal childhood...apparently....for Ireland...pipe bombs etc.

The main point is that this whole business stinks to high heaven just like the Koh Tao investigation. How come we always have some sudden breakthrough and the culprits are caught. They never ran away and left country while a huge manhunt was going on. And they always make a full confession - which also always fails to answer a lot of questions. And the picture of the vest is a deliberate lie which I am certain is by the police, not the Junta (as the article is trying it's hardest to imply).

But at least the Junta have taken action to clear it up and stop the false reports which Chalerm would never have done.

It never ends, does it! Every effed up thing the junta does is excused by the mere existence of the bogeyman in Dubai.

Pathetic!

So will the TV companies, producers, channel owners, Colonel Winthai and the whole of the Junta PR team be charged under the computer crime act and for disseminating false information which could cause public distress and lead to violence?

Or will it now be a legitimate excuse to say "it was a mistake" in future?

Wow - possibly THE most ridiculous comment I have seen this week and some people actually clicked like !!!. It must be because they saw someone attack the Junta but didn't really understand the reason why but have the required lack of ethics just to click like anyway.

Please let us know what public distress and violence this picture accusing a foreigner with no political colour as a terrorist is going to cause. Enlighten us how it will anger the red-shirts so they resume their grenade attacks and it will divide Thai society even more.

And then let us know why ALL of those people should be prosecuted - almost of whom will have no idea at all what evidence was found.

It is a very clumsy and simplistic ploy by the police to associate this man with terrorism and make the public believe he is guilty and get them off the hook for embarassing themselves for the past 2 weeks. It is a dirty trick which shows the real ethics of those in the RTP. They are not called tomatoes for nothing you know.

"They are not called tomatoes for nothing you know."

No, I don't know. Please elaborate.

So someone took this image, originally from The Huffington Post, and accidentally published it along with other items said to come from the arrest ?site

Nothing is really "originally from The Huffington Post".... tongue.png

(Hint: Look up 'aggregator')

Perhaps he was really just a poor sod of a Uighur caught In a safe house that was part of the escape route from China. He does bear passing resemblance to the bloke at the shrine tho, if you add a wig and thick rimmed glasses. But then so do many others.

Kind of makes you doubt the credibility of the rest of the pics of the supposed, collected evidence at the home of this guy , who seemingly had forged passports and therefore is easy to pin the blame on as a scapegoat, case closed RTP basking in glory.

Personally, I hope this is not the case here, but it can't have been an easy mistake to make , putting that picture in, and then describing it as found as part of the evidence, amongst the other parts found at the home of the suspect.

And then threatening people with computer crimes action if they share it.

Accountability in Thailand means you can say ning, song, sam.....etc.

Edited by arrowsdawdle

And as to the confusion as to whether the information about this mysterious Turk came from a tip-off or from hard slogging from checking cellphone logs.........

Another mistake................. or someone trying to make the BIB sound more competent than they were and claim kudos for what might have only been a really important good tip-off.

We will probably never know!!!

As I postulated this morning - one wonder whether this sudden change from 'someone tipped us off' to 'no, we did it ourselves' is to avoid having to pay out the reward?

You must be dreaming. There will be a cousin Somchai come out of the woodwork to receive the reward.