now 3 english channels no sound other english channels changed english to thai

people from tot been out but fix nil

thinking going to gmmz ultra platinum 5000b ayear

anyone had this mob cheers allan

Why pay 1400 for internet plus ToT TV.

Why not switch to basic internet package and

subscribe to one of the IPTV offerings like ExpatTV or 365TV,

or Kodi for the tech savvy,

or one of the many Android boxes on offer.

I think the OP specifically wants English Language content.

If so, then they'll find more to their liking with many of the 'alternative' Internet TV packages available.

KODI would be one place to start. While it's low cost it's not 'quick' and requires a bit of leaning and process.
The OP might want to look at what JSAT.TV (Bangkok) offers in packaged android set top box / iptv options.

Thai Expat TV is English

language but it might not

be to your taste unless

you're British. I cancelled

my subscription once I

remembered just how crap

English TV is unless

you're watching Sky.

Now just torrent the shows

and movies I wanna see.

What is the source of your Sling TV? I had a slingbox in my daughter's house in Seattle but maintenance of the box and its connection became too much. Also, I didn't care much for the DISH programming.

That would require a satellite dish - but if you buy C-band you would have about 300 free channels to other TV's in home as well as your selected set for the Ultra Platinum tuner. I have been using GMM for several years and have been very happy with it but I do not watch myself so of the 7 connections we use only a couple have the (free with tuner) Gold package. But install of satellite system most places is easy and relatively cheap (almost all the homes in my mooban here in Bangkok (with access to cable) have converted to satellite as you have a choice of providers and better picture with only the expense of new tuners which are cheap (and you can mix in same home).

That would require a satellite dish - but if you buy C-band you would have about 300 free channels to other TV's in home as well as your selected set for the Ultra Platinum tuner. I have been using GMM for several years and have been very happy with it but I do not watch myself so of the 7 connections we use only a couple have the (free with tuner) Gold package. But install of satellite system most places is easy and relatively cheap (almost all the homes in my mooban here in Bangkok (with access to cable) have converted to satellite as you have a choice of providers and better picture with only the expense of new tuners which are cheap (and you can mix in same home).

The satellite dish may not be necessary... But I wonder how far along GMMZ / CTH has gotten with their IPTV offering:

The Nation | Watchiranont Thongtep | December 20, 2014 1:00 am
On top of its satellite-based pay-TV business, CTH targets additional growth via the provision of Internet protocol television (IPTV) service next year, capitalising on the expansion of broadband Internet and the government's digital-economy policy.
Chirdsak said the company was aiming for sales of least 500,000 of the set-top boxes, with the main target customers being young-generation urbanites.
The ZIPtv box offers four key features: three-day time-shift, three-day catch-up, live streaming and video-on-demand service.
GMM Broadcasting is confident about its pricing strategy. Instead of offering a 12-month package, it will provide customers an affordable price of Bt3,790 for a four-month package, he said.
GMM ZIPtv iptv subscription service for ZIPtv and ZIPtv Nano set top box
FreeToAir 44 Channels
Pink GOLD Package 25 Encrypt (9 HD / 16 SD) 299/399 for ZIPtv or ZIPtv Nano iptv boxes
ULTRA Platinum 25 Encrypt (8 HD / 16 SD) 499/699
Beyond CTHZ 56 Encrypt (28 HD / 28 SD) 799/999
You can also download GMMZ or CTH iptv apps for both iOS and Android platforms. AIS, PSI, TOT, TRUE ... also have iptv apps.
I find PSI the quickest/responsive app for viewing FTA channels.

Why pay 1400 for internet plus ToT TV.

Why not switch to basic internet package and

subscribe to one of the IPTV offerings like ExpatTV or 365TV,

or Kodi for the tech savvy,

or one of the many Android boxes on offer.

expat TV aka pirated TV. Plenty of people provide this service for free.

We were happy to get the TOT ADSL and IPTV box promotion a couple of years ago. This only cost us 590THB/m not what the o/p is paying. Whilst it was nice to see our first IPTV set up the channels on option were not for us, so we simply bought a new IPTV box down the mall that came without the TOT box restriction, and we have been watching free English language IPTV ever since. Apps we use most are Kodi and sometimes iLikeHD when we need live sports hard to find on Kodi. We also subscribe to Unotelly which costs 4$/month and gets us very smooth streaming of stuff like play on demand BBC programs, on multiple devices at same time, doing away with need for services like Expat TV.

• 3 months later...

Thai Expat TV is English

language but it might not

be to your taste unless

you're British. I cancelled

my subscription once I

remembered just how crap

English TV is unless

you're watching Sky.

Now just torrent the shows

and movies I wanna see.

Amazing - but most expats start to really appreciate that the BBC offers the best programming around the world, especially the CBeebies content for kids, or other stuff - Crackanory, Horizon, Unnatural Histories etc etc.

Strangely, my current source for UKTV is filled with Americans trying to escape the crap they have on cable at home. Go figure!

I must say that torrenting is a more civilised way to go about it, it cuts down on the time you just put the TV on and become a couch potato. Instead, you tend to watch what you want and then turn it off and do something else.

I donate about $30 per year to help keep my source of UKTV alive - and there are quite a few other great sources around for US material too... I just grabbed 'MASH' and am plodding through series 1.

Edited by ben2talk

i would like to get english tv without people playing with balls

How do you know that they're playing with their balls?

I'm happy with my 20 MB Fiber Optic from TOT for 740 baht/month. When I want to watch a movie, I use the internet and download what I want to see.

Then I can choose when I want to see it.

I disagree with the statement that TOT is wasted money, just because their movie package sucks.

Their main service is to provide Internet.

Edited by lostinisaan