Which one is this

Anthony5

Mildly venomous, fast as lightning, they can give a nasty nip but tend to scarper at the first human approach, usually up a tree from where they may launch themselves into 'flight' (really a glide) which is a sight to behold.

I once startled one on the canal near my house which sped up a tree and then glided over the canal to safety. Beautiful.

I had several golden tree snakes in a townhouse in Hua Hin. Fast as lightning, and mainly annoying (because they were in the kitchen) more than anything. They helped me overcome a lifetime fear of snakes.

With the somewhat frequent sightings of them here on ThaiVisa, has anyone seen one of them "fly" yet? I'd love to see that, as long as it wasn't at (or in) my home.

[Edit:] Missed MrBrilliant's post above. I'm jealous. I'd like to see one airborne.

Edited by wpcoe

Beautiful animal. Must be the time of the golden tree snakes now as just yesterday one paid us a visit at our home. My wife called my father to kill it, so I told her, tell him not o kill it, just take her away. But he hit her with a piece of wood with one stroke and it landed exactly next to my right foot. I was pretty scared but probably lucky she didn't bit me ... because she was dazed. Although she's only mildly venomous, I wouldn't like to have a bite as I'm a diabetic. At the temple we went this morning we saw an acquaintance of my wife who is diabetic too and she has a wound which isn't healing since 6 years. Looks pretty bad, I fear she will have it amputated in the near future. Here some pictures of yesterday, wife's father can be seen arriving on the last one:

post-5472-0-30032700-1441548416_thumb.jp

post-5472-0-66262000-1441548444_thumb.jp

post-5472-0-76587500-1441548476_thumb.jp

Edited by Dario

I wonder what the spider just above the snake is thinking? "Don't eat me!"

The snake is beautiful. Did the FIL finish it off (kill it) or was it able to slither off after it wasn't dazed any more?