Bangkok Airways voted one of the Top Ten Airlines Overall Worldwide 2015 by SmartTravelAsia.com read

Lite Beer

Bangkok Airways voted one of the Top Ten Airlines Overall Worldwide 2015 by SmartTravelAsia.com readers

Bangkok-airways-award-300x225.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Recently, SmartTravelAsia.com has revealed the winners of their prestigious travel poll called “Best in Travel 2015.” The poll involved millions of travelers from around the world voting for their favorite travel brands.

This year Bangkok Airways is cited as a Top Ten Airline Overall Worldwide and is also ranked the 5th Best Airline for Cabin Service Worldwide.

M.L. Nadhika Varavarn, Vice President – Corporate Communications of Bangkok Airways said, “This recognition illustrates Bangkok Airways commitment to high quality service provided for all passengers. It is yet another achievement this year for Bangkok Airways to be included in the top ten airline overall worldwide.”

“On behalf of everyone at Bangkok Airways, I would like to thank all the voters who casted their vote for us at SmartTravelAsia.com, and most importantly I would like to express my appreciation to all of our staffs whose dedication to excel in complete airline services has been truly recognized. We promise to keep up with our service to provide the highest standards to underline our commitment to be Asia’s Boutique Airline.” M.L. Nandhika added.

For more information and reservation, please visit www.bangkokair.com or contact 24-hour Call Center at +662 270 6699.

Picture shows from left:
1. Mr. Songkrot Palakawong Na Ayuthaya, Director – Corporate Affairs & Events, Bangkok Airways.
2. Mr. Vijay K Verghese, Editor& Director, Dancing Wolf Media.
3. M.L. Nandhika Varavarn, Vice President – Corporate Communications, Bangkok Airways.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-09-05

I'm always curious as to who actually votes for those BS "awards". I don't and have never met anyone who does....

To me it sounds like a purchased award.

Whichever company buys the most ads (or something similar) gets the award.

It happens in every country. in my home country there were at least 5 companies claiming to have won the "best company to work for" in a certain year: all got their awards from a different organization and none of the companies scored very well in independent overviews.

What airline offers economy passengers a complimentary lounge with all kinds of snacks, WiFi, infight meal/snack drinks service and baggage allowance plus frequent flyer mileage even with the cheapest tickets they sell?

Answer Bangkok Airways which would for an economy passenger make them the best airline in the world imo. Their airfares can be cheaper than air Asia, Nok, smile on some occasions when I have travelled. At other times a not much more.

Just posting for the above people who can't understand how Bangkok Airways could be rated 5th best in the world.

A quick check of the internet tells a different story.

Fortune: http://fortune.com/2015/07/07/worlds-best-airlines/

SKYTRAX: http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards/worlds_best_airline.html

MSN http://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/news/top-10-airlines-for-2015/ss-BBgd4Ia#image=11

I'm surprised they didn't also flag THAI Airways coming in at number 7 in the Fortune list!

post-209291-0-69552900-1441450034_thumb.

Edited by waldroj

Certainly a well deserved award for Bkk Airways. The service and value for money is the best in Thailand, in South East Asia, and one of the best worldwide, this is my opinion as very frequent traveller through Asia and long haul to various destinations workdwide with many different airlines. I just wish Bangkok Airways would start long haul as well and teach yhe rest how it should be done. Congratulations.

The service and value for money is the best in Thailand, in South East Asia, and one of the best worldwide

It's a very good airline, certainly the best in Thailand, but personally I wouldn't rank it near the top for value for money. Some of their fares (notably Bangkok - Siem Reap) were for years among the most expensive per kilometer anywhere in Asia. They've had to moderate that with the rise of budget airlines, but they're still definitely in the full-fare camp.

They are a good bit cheaper than Thai Airways and all extras considered also cheaper than Air Asia with who are charging extra for everything, and with whom i used to travel but certainly not anymore. If you have to commute through Suvarnabhumi? Bangkok Airways are definitely the best. Whatever fares they applied years ago is irrelevant today regarding this award. Today is what we are talking about here.

May be i am confusing matters, but was not Thai aviation industry on the brink of receiving some red flag for failing to pass some safety measures and maintenance?

I recall Thai airways being on the hit list, but find it strange that another Thai owned airline would be one of the best, when one is one of the worst

Yes, like others on this thread, I have nothing but praise for Bangkok Airways. Everything is first class.

The only criticism I would have is their totally needless to offer people a snack on the short journey between BKK and CNX.

After their free food at Suva, it is crazy (and wasteful of money) to offer food on that route!!