Police Stand by as Coup Anniversary Protesters Rally

Lite Beer

Just lucky timing on part of the protesters being just before Prayuth's visit to the UN. Otherwise I feel they would have been snatched off the street way before reaching the monument and sent for an indefinite attitude adjustment. Now the General can say "look, i do let people protest and express opposition". Seems to work more in his favor than it did for the protesters. This will be the last of them I am afraid as any other attempt will be firmly crushed.

Brave kids. Good for them.

Sure, they got the money from the man in Dubai already smile.png

Has it ever entered you feeble little "Hate Thaksin! Hate Thaksin! Hate Thaksin!" brain that there actually are people in Thailand who are NOT Thaksin lovers, and NOT on Thaksin's "payroll", who are capable of thinking for themselves, and actually believe in what they are doing when they protest a military takeover of a country for their own selfish reasons?

I know quite a few Thai who are "red shirts", but have no love for Thaksin. I know quite a few who despise the military take over and control of this county, and they are not fan's of Thaksin, nor on his "payroll".

You really need to wake up to the Real World, and stop living in that "Hate Thaksin" fantasy world you are so deeply embedded in.

" New Democracy Movement "

Cynical to call them "new democracy movement"

Working against the Prayuth government does not mean working for democracy. After many years of brainwashing, disinformation and insufficient public education it means working for another shinlike government, which means corruption, cronyism, incapability, crime against the people

If they do not know this they are naive.

If they do know (which is what believe) they intentionally work against the people

- like the udd who also abuse the word democracy in their name

"To become a developed country, we have to have an open society that allows people to freely express views, questions and thoughts"

To achieve this Thailand first has to take care that people get a proper education. Otherwise the freely expressed view will only be repeating what they are brainwashed to believe by demagogues and populists.

"...open society that allows people to freely express views, questions and thoughts"

means a society where the reds and the well known corrupt politicians can freely express their demagogic and populist views

Edited by sweatalot

1 trillion Baht lost on the rice scam

How much lost with the new airport?

Where does this money come from...think about it.

I accept that Prayut did between nothing and very little so far, he is a disappointment.

Abhisit did a few good things in education but complete failed in everything else, his coalition partner were terrible corrupt and he didn't do anything against. Complete mismanagement and broken promises at the demonstrations.

Thaksins, at the beginning did some real good things, I must admit that, but later it was just enriching himself and his cronies + destroying any independent agencies that may hinder him from getting total power. That more than outweigh the few good things. Also the internet censorship, ridiculous alcohol sales times, 3000 dead in his war against drugs, heavy hand approach in the south, heavy damage to education (which wasn't good before) came from him.

In compare to these Prayut is a shining star (which isn't difficult a concrete pole would rank good in compare with Abhisit, Thaksin and Yingluck)

and who has General P chosen as his new financial whiz kid to get this country back on its feet?. You couldn't make it up!.

What a surprise. He chose someone who actually knows what he is talking about and what he is doing.

Perhaps Thaksin chose the guy for the same reasons.

If that is so, then Prayuth is as smart as Thaksin in choosing the right person for the right job WITHOUT worrying that much about the guys politics, just that he seems to be right for the country as a whole.

Of course if he screws up then Thaksin and Prayuth are as stupid as each other in choosing him.

1 trillion Baht lost on the rice scam

How much lost with the new airport?

Where does this money come from...think about it.

I accept that Prayut did between nothing and very little so far, he is a disappointment.

Abhisit did a few good things in education but complete failed in everything else, his coalition partner were terrible corrupt and he didn't do anything against. Complete mismanagement and broken promises at the demonstrations.

Thaksins, at the beginning did some real good things, I must admit that, but later it was just enriching himself and his cronies + destroying any independent agencies that may hinder him from getting total power. That more than outweigh the few good things. Also the internet censorship, ridiculous alcohol sales times, 3000 dead in his war against drugs, heavy hand approach in the south, heavy damage to education (which wasn't good before) came from him.

In compare to these Prayut is a shining star (which isn't difficult a concrete pole would rank good in compare with Abhisit, Thaksin and Yingluck)

and who has General P chosen as his new financial whiz kid to get this country back on its feet?. You couldn't make it up!.

What a surprise. He chose someone who actually knows what he is talking about and what he is doing.

Perhaps Thaksin chose the guy for the same reasons.

If that is so, then Prayuth is as smart as Thaksin in choosing the right person for the right job WITHOUT worrying that much about the guys politics, just that he seems to be right for the country as a whole.

Of course if he screws up then Thaksin and Prayuth are as stupid as each other in choosing him.

phutoie2 fits right in here in Thailand.. not choosing people based on ability but on political allegiance.

The General was just smart choosing someone on his ability not on his affiliation. That is basically how it should be selecting people on their qualities not their connections. This is what is holding Thailand back and the general (in this case) shows sense.

I can fault Prayut a lot.. but not for him giving a job to someone who is good at it and not worrying about his political views.

Working against the Prayuth government does not mean working for democracy. After many years of brainwashing, disinformation and insufficient public education it means working for another shinlike government, which means corruption, cronyism, incapability, crime against the people

If they do know (which is what believe) they intentionally work against the people

"To become a developed country, we have to have an open society that allows people to freely express views, questions and thoughts"

To achieve this Thailand first has to take care that people get a proper education. Otherwise the freely expressed view will only be repeating what they are brainwashed to believe by demagogues and populists.

"...open society that allows people to freely express views, questions and thoughts"

means a society where the reds and the well known corrupt politicians can freely express their demagogic and populist views

So I guess they are damned if the do and damned if they don't then eh?

Often students are the vanguard of democracy as they have yet to become cynical old buggers like many on this forum. Youngsters who have not forgotten the meaning and purpose of freedom of speech.

Kudos to each of them and they can be proud of themselves.

I see more than just 'students' among these protesters, unless they're 'mature' ones. Sense of injustice not sole preserve of the young.

So I guess they are damned if the do and damned if they don't then eh?

it means they have to chose wisely

What is more interesting and somehat worrisome is that the police did little to stop this... My assumption is that while the cat is away at the UN the mice will play... The police are not aligned with the junta... This is just a well coordinated test run for a much bigger and longer lasting demonstration...

"The police are not aligned with the junta"

Not aligned but CONTROLLED.

In fact Prayut in August 2015 just chose the new national police chief to replace the one Prayut chose after the military coup. There is nothing the police will do without the military's approval. Article 44 gives Prayut control over all government offices and functions.

Lack of a crackdown on protesters was merely coincidental with Prayut's visit to the UN. A crackdown by his soldiers might make his acclaimed roadmap to democracy a mockery.