Malaysian police may have 2 Bangkok bombers

webfact

Malaysian police may have two bombers
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- MALAYSIAN police have sent photos of two men -one suspected of being the yellow-shirt bomber responsible for last month's Erawan Shrine blast that killed 20 people in Bangkok and the other the 'blue-shirt man' who kicked a device into the Chao Phraya River that blew up harmlessly under Sathorn Pier, a Thai security official said yesterday.

Thai security agencies would see if the pictures of the two men detained by Malaysia's Special Branch Police in Kuala Lumpur match the characteristics of the yellow- and blue-shirt men captured on surveillance footage.

Malaysian plainclothes and uniformed police on Saturday searched several apartments and rental rooms believed to be hiding places of the two bombers at the request of Thai police.

A Pakistani and two Malaysians suspected of being part of a human trafficking operation are already undergoing interrogation by Malaysian police in connection with the shrine attack.

Malaysian police said the human trafficking gang gave shelter to the yellow- and blue-shirt bombers at a location two kilometres away from Moo Noh Police Station.

The two were allegedly taken by boat across the Kolok River near Soi Rong Leuy, where two Malaysian men identified as A-pi and Padeh were waiting on the other side at Bukit Bintang to receive them.

Another Malaysian man identified as Serlin allegedly took the two to Kuala Lumpur.

Malaysian Special Branch Police were tipped off by an unidentified group after a man calling himself Abdul (last name withheld) phoned the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, threatening violence against it.

Thai security officials will show the pictures of the two suspects to Yusufu Mieraili, who was nabbed last month on the Cambodian border after the blast. He admitted meeting the alleged bomber outside Hua Lamphong Train Station and handing him a backpack containing the explosives used in the attack.

Thai police said if Mieraili identifies any of the men as a bomber, police will seek that person's extradition for prosecution in Thailand.

Assistant National Police chief Lt General Prawut Thawornsiri refused to name the blue-shirt bomber, saying more investigation was needed.

Police would summon the taxi driver who picked up the blue-shirt bomber for questioning, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Malaysian-police-may-have-two-bombers-30269196.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-21

Looks like Malaysia leading the way in this investigation: suspects/informants in custody, good leads and info.

Didn't RTP recently announce they were cancelling their fact-finding trip to KL on account Malaysian authorities were barking up the wrong tree and had no substantive info regarding the case?

Edited by docshock13

They seek them here, they seek them there and the story changes every time it's told !

Are they in heaven or are they in hell OR Malaysia, China, Bangladesh, Pakistan or ... ? Insert your own choice of country.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

What i cannot get my head around is that they are relying on sending pictures to Thailand for further identification, instead of Thailand sending at least one person to Malaysia to assist the police there.

If it was happening in somewhere like Bolivia i could nearly understand, but a bordering country?

Mind blown.........................sad.png

What i cannot get my head around is that they are relying on sending pictures to Thailand for further identification, instead of Thailand sending at least one person to Malaysia to assist the police there.

If it was happening in somewhere like Bolivia i could nearly understand, but a bordering country?

I guess they'll have to give the 3million to the Malaysian police if they got the real bomber.....

just shoot them in malaysia and dispose of the bodies ......

if theyre sent back to thailand ,they have no hope of getting a fair trial anyway

reconstructions and fake witnesses and media circus and no basic human rights ....whats the point of an extradition ?

The 3 million krab! you no understan, you fallang.

Didn't RTP recently announce they were cancelling their fact-finding trip to KL on account Malaysian authorities were barking up the wrong tree and had no substantive info regarding the case?

Yes, I believe there was an article here the other day on just that, the RTP supposedly canceling their planned Malaysia trip, saying no leads there to pursue and that the bombers probably had already left the country.

From one day to the next, at least based on the news reporting, it's hard to tell even what planet these guys -- the RTP -- are on.

They seek them here, they seek them there and the story changes every time it's told !

Are they in heaven or are they in hell OR Malaysia, China, Bangladesh, Pakistan or ... ? Insert your own choice of country.

Its true the story does change often. But no one can deny the speed with which this manhunt has gone has been impressive.

One can only guess at the amount of enhanced interrogation that is happening across Asia to get this information.

There is a big disconnect between having the information from 'Abdul' and why someone calling the Thai embassy to make threats is now exposing all his colleagues.

Why is Abdul not available for media question time?

Because unless you turn on the power he isn't very communicative.

Its true the story does change often. But no one can deny the speed with which this manhunt has gone has been impressive.

One can only guess at the amount of enhanced interrogation that is happening across Asia to get this information.

There is a big disconnect between having the information from 'Abdul' and why someone calling the Thai embassy to make threats is now exposing all his colleagues.

I see Thai Visa's leading torture enthusiast has crawled out from under his stone - licking his lips at the thought of " the power being turned on!"

I hope the bobbies haven't spunked the three million they awarded themselves......it may be needed elsewhere...

Looks like that award was made a tad hastily....the dangers of getting a 'chufty head' too quickly....rather like my Southampton FC supporting pal last night.....

So what happened/happens to the 'arrests' made in Thailand thus far???

Edited by MrBrilliant

No decent shopping in Malaysia.

No decent shopping in Malaysia.

No decent shopping? You must be joking?

http://www.sunwaypyramid.com/

That website is not good though, here are better pics...check that waterpark!

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=sunway+pyramid&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI26_NgpeHyAIVlcWOCh1rmgKA&biw=1366&bih=643

This mall is better then Paragon, Central World, Bangkok Zoo and the biggest Thai waterpark together! whistling.gif

Edited by Thian

I see Thai Visa's leading torture enthusiast has crawled out from under his stone - licking his lips at the thought of " the power being turned on!"

Yes JAG, its true, I have not one ounce of compassion for these evil sh!ts who are happy to kill indiscriminately.

Human rights are ignored when they fight their wars. So relying on any sense of fair play is somewhat anachronistic.

These people came to war with a country without much in the way of standards and good rule of law. And they will pay and it will be painful. But they start a war. Using weapons of war, targeting people indiscriminately.

They deserve everything they get.

for

If Mieraili says he does not know them then case over, everyone back to work people smugling, it's a freeging joke Thai Police get of your arse and get down there.

cheesy.gif

Malaysia may have arrested Bangkok bomb suspects

205-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: - Malaysian police have arrested two men they suspected to be the two bomb suspects wanted by Bangkok police during the search of apartments and rental rooms believed to be their hiding places last Saturday.

They have now sent photos of the two men, one suspected of being the yellow-shirt bomber responsible for last month’s Erawan shrine deadly bombing and the other of being the blue-shirt man who kicked a device into the Sathorn canal which blew up harmlessly one day after, a Thai security official said yesterday.

The arrest came after Thai police sought cooperation from Malaysia after investigation traced them to the Malaysian border where they were helped to escape into Malaysia by trafficking gang

Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said the two were believed to be smuggled across to Malaysia among other illegal migrants.

The Thai police will show the photos to a bomb suspect, Yusufu Mierraili, to identify before seeking their extradition.

Yusufu was arrested last month on the Cambodian border after the blast. He admitted meeting the alleged bomber at Bangkok railway station and handing him a backpack containing the explosives used in the attack.

Thai police said if Mieraili identifies any of the men as a bomber, police will seek that person’s extradition for prosecution in Thailand.

The two men are now detained by Malaysia’s Special Branch Police in Kuala Lumpur.

As The Nation reported, Malaysian plainclothes and uniformed police on Saturday searched several apartments and rental rooms believed to be hiding places of the two bombers at the request of Thai police.

A Pakistani and two Malaysians suspected of being part of a human trafficking operation are already undergoing interrogation by Malaysian police in connection with the Bangkok bomb attacks.

Malaysian police said the human trafficking gang gave shelter to the yellow-shirt and the blue-shirt bombers at a location two kilometres away from Moo Noh police station.

The two were allegedly taken by boat across the Kolok river near Soi Rong Leuy, where two Malaysian men identified as A-pi and Padeh were waiting on the other side at Bukit Bintang to receive them.

Another Malaysian man identified as Serlin allegedly took the two to Kuala Lumpur.

Malaysian Special Branch Police were tipped off by an unidentified group after a man calling himself Abdul (last name withheld) phoned the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, threatening violence against them.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/malaysia-may-have-arrested-bangkok-bomb-suspects

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-21

Well if the news is really true then the problem is solved , right ? No need RTP to issue 14th or 15Rh arrest warrant anymore. Malaysians have done it for them but the only thing I don't get it, is, why Thai police cancelled their trip earlier to KL?'b

Sounds like it was do easy for the Malay cops to get the criminals and not using too much brains and photo sessions like RTP