Bangkok bomb suspect nabbed in Malaysia yet to be verified

webfact

Bomb suspect nabbed in M'sia yet to be verified
THE NATION

30269273-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- IT IS still not confirmed if a suspect arrested in Malaysia is the prime suspect of the fatal Erawan Shrine blast, national police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmuang said yesterday.

He also refused to shed light on the progress of the investigation into the August 17 attack, which killed 20, mostly foreigners, and injured over 100 others.

Latest reports say that Malaysian police have arrested a man who looks like the suspect in a yellow T-shirt, who was captured on CCTV leaving a backpack behind that is believed to have been carrying the bomb. Malaysia has sent a photograph of the man arrested to Thailand for further verification.

Somyot said both sides have discussed the issue and results will be revealed soon.

Police also arrested two suspects allegedly involved in the bombing, and have issued arrest warrants for 12 others.

Meanwhile, a Thai source said the so-called yellow T-shirt suspect was arrested on Saturday night during a raid of rented apartments and rooms in downtown Kuala Lumpur.

The suspect, who is a foreigner, was detained because he looks like the bombing suspect, the source said, adding that his photograph has been sent to Thailand so that the two suspects in detention can verify if he is indeed the man responsible for the blast.

The source also claimed that the suspect confessed to the bombing after two days of interrogation. If he is confirmed to be the bomber, Thailand will ask for him to be brought to Bangkok.

The source explained that the yellow T-shirt suspect was detained in Malaysia after another man recently nabbed in Narathiwat province told police about suspects being transported to Malaysia after the blast.

Investigations also revealed that some Malaysian police officers might have been involved in helping the suspect in Malaysia.

Malaysian police officers are also hunting another prime suspect, known as the blue-shirt man, who was captured on CCTV kicking a bombing device into the Chao Phraya River that blew up under Sathorn Pier. Nobody was hurt in this blast.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bomb-suspect-nabbed-in-Msia-yet-to-be-verified-30269273.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-22

very confusing, he confessed and he has not been identified by thai police with their grainy CCTV, we will rely on another suspect to verify him.

Media reports Malaysian police having arrested 2 ,possibly the blue man and the yellow - now blue is at large it seems.

Malaysian police suspected to have helped bombers, the plot -- the people smuggling one seems to be very nasty-- thai police, mlaysian police, turkish immigration/police, pakastanis, Uighur chinese nationals, thai moselim, and turkish nationals. lao border immigration, Vietnam immigration and on and on.

At one point in time I looked a lot like Timothy McVeigh (Oklahoma City).

These days I look like Ted Kazinsky (Unabomber).

They have such scientific evidence eh?

"The suspect, who is a foreigner, was detained because he looks like the bombing suspect,"

Not to bash the Thai nor Malays.....it happens everywhere.

Anybody ever hear of James Blake in NYC?

Lenny Kravitz (that Dude jams), got cuffed & stuffed in Miami once because he "looked like" the the suspect near a bank robbery.

---------------------

How this unverified "looks like" stuff makes it into the news is beyond me.

Edited by jaywalker

somehow I think this has more to do with the reward than anything else, thais will not like paying Malaysia for capturing the real bomber, have to wonder if the ones already paid will have to return the money now they are no longer certain that one had anything to do with it.

somehow I think this has more to do with the reward than anything else, thais will not like paying Malaysia for capturing the real bomber, have to wonder if the ones already paid will have to return the money now they are no longer certain that one had anything to do with it.

They cannot take the reward money back. The cash has been transferred to an inactive post.

the 10 million reward is discusting that it went to the police, it was a public reward... and what happened to the apartment owner who tipped off the police and as a result had her entire property shut down for over a week? The reward money fiasco should not be forgotten so quickly.

I agree.

The cops paying themselves the reward money weeks ago, and the case is still light years from any conclusions is beyond absolutely farcical and is totally ludicrous.

I do try to remain apolitical (non-partisan) in my posts, as I believe all politicians are crooked, but this one just sticks in my craw to the -nth degree.

Police chief says arrest of yellow shirt bomber in Malaysia not confirmed yet

159-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuong today says the arrest of the yellow shirted bomber of the Erawan shrine by Malaysian police remained unconfirmed.

The national police chief’s comment came as reporters asked him to confirm a report in Malaysia that the suspect arrested by Malaysian police in Kuala Lumpur last week has confessed to be the man in yellow shirt wanted for the deadly bomb attack that left 20 dead and over 120 others injured.

He said so far Thai police have not yet received any information of the arrest of the yellow shirt suspect.

He said he also has talked directly with the Malaysian police chief but nothing was raised about the arrest.

However he said Thai police are still in close contact with Malaysian police and are still gathering evidence that could link to more people involved.

Report by Thai Rath Online today said the arrested suspect has confessed to be the yellow shirt man wanted by Bangkok police for the shrine explosion.

He was arrested last Saturday following information given by Thai police to look for a human trafficking gang responsible for aiding the suspect to flee into Malaysia.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-says-arrest-of-yellow-shirt-bomber-in-malaysia-not-confirmed-yet

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-22

They're reporting 'as fact' this confession by the guy who apparently placed the bomb in the Erawan Shrine in some of the Thai language news sources right now.

It said the Thais are going to extradite him.

Edited by ukrules

Yeah right !. I believe, at last count, that makes "suspect " number 13 in 6 or 7 countries ! Soon the headlines will become scarcer, the police

announcements , ( accompanied by photo portraits of hundreds of the

police honchos ), will stop, and, over the years, no one will remember what

caused all the fuss !

thai police.. oh please !!! they only catch innocent people cause they can't catch the real bomber, in this case another illegal that stayed in thai , they need a suspect really quickly cause it's international news and they want to look good on tv but the most important thing is the price money they want to divide between themselves for doing HALF of their job for once, so they can go drink even more in karaoke bars and <deleted> underage teens. if it's not international news then they just doing CRAP!! unless u pay them investigation money. their all just useless blood suckers, their's no difference if you put the police hat on a thai cop or on a monkey, i mean at least the monkey is not going to harass you for 100 bath pay now! or 300 bath pay in police station, i think the thai would be beter off without the royal thai police cause half of them are alcoholics and the other half can't keep their dicks out of underage teen girls, the royal in ROYAL thai police is just a disgrace to the king.

Yeah right !. I believe, at last count, that makes "suspect " number 13 in 6 or 7 countries ! Soon the headlines will become scarcer, the police

announcements , ( accompanied by photo portraits of hundreds of the

police honchos ), will stop, and, over the years, no one will remember what

caused all the fuss !

Except for the victims and their families