90-50cc bikes?

glmattsen

Hi, I am looking for a 90-50cc bike. No, the bike is for my son who turns 15,´people under 18 can't drive bikes over 90cc. My son likes the tougher bikes such as Kawasaki KSR, Honda MSX and other similar bikes.

Does anyone know a dealer in Thailand? What about the shipping of the bike, is it safe?

If shipping is'nt possible, I live near Pattaya.

Thanks.

555... I see school kids everyday riding 125cc bikes to the school in Soi 18, Naklua. They pass right by a Policeman.

Yes, but when an accident happen my son can go to jail and I will not take any chances.

Not disagreeing with you at all chum... Just stating my observations. Little bastids drive like maniacs as well.

KSR AND MSX are already above 90cc. I think there are some less known (Chinese) brands like GPX who have small pit bikes like the KSR, but not 100% sure about exact displacement. Might be a good and cheap option though, for a bike that your son will outgrow in 2 years anyway.

The old 50 cc 2 strokers are difficult to find and if you find one, they won't have the green book. So, not an option for you.

I think the KSR is 111cc , but if it says 110cc in the green book , all is well . Would be my choice .

You're right, I looked it up and it's 111cc. Done in by one cc facepalm.gif .

Maybe he could get the cylinder sleeved down?laugh.png

Just because i sleev it down it will still say 111cc on the papers right..?

I think the KSR is 111cc , but if it says 110cc in the green book , all is well . Would be my choice .

Yeah, I was just joking, sorry.

There are still lots of under-110 options such as a Wave or other similar bike, but unfortunately I don't really know of any pit-bike style like the ksr that would fit the bill. Pretty sure the Stallion pit bikes are 125cc also.

There are still lots of under-110 options such as a Wave or other similar bike, but unfortunately I don't really know of any pit-bike style like the ksr that would fit the bill. Pretty sure the Stallion pit bikes are 125cc also.

OK... Not really sure, he really want's an bike that looks more like an motocross or super bike, like the KSR or MSX.

Please help me find one, otherwise he's gonna kill me.

FWIW, I bought a second hand Honda Mio with 50cc 2 stroke engine a couple of years back for next to nothing. Found it on Bahtsold or OLX and I think I paid 4,000 baht or so.

With the 50cc 2 stroker, it ran like a scalded dog within the power band. I have to admit I only used it on local sois and never got it above 60 km/hr, and rarely over 40- so I have no idea of the top end performance (and don't care, either).

I see them all over the place now that I know what they look like, so I suspect you can find a cheap second hand one to tide him over until he qualifies for a genuine scooter. I also recall seeing some shops on OLX selling new ones for <20K baht, but that may be my brain leaking from old age.

Stallion do 70cc "pit" / KSR style bikes , as well as the more common 125cc . Before we write off the KSR , can anyone find out what the green book ACTUALLY says , 110cc , or 111cc . Engine bore and stroke is 53mm x 50.6mm , giving 111.633cc . Seems a bit of a clanger if its "too" big . KTM do a 500cc that is in face 510cc , but i dont know what the green book states . If the GB states 110 , then your OK .

Hope this helps , the Stallion models look more like "monkey" bikes , with road tires , and are called Momo and Gio , both appear to be 68cc ( poor web page ) . The Platinum models are called PX , and are 250 , 175 , 125 ( 43,500 baht ) and 72cc (32,000 baht ) . These are more "pit" style bikes , with off-road type tires . They appear to be road legal , with indicators and number-plate brackets . www.platinummotorsale.com .

^ Nice one , that helps the OP , and educates me . thumbsup.gif Does anyone know what the Yamaha Spark 115 is "Green-booked" at ? , although not a teenagers choice , perhaps . Now i wonder what the 510cc KTM 500 says . Guess is in the big bike band , so no matter .

OK... Not really sure, he really want's an bike that looks more like an motocross or super bike, like the KSR or MSX.

Please help me find one, otherwise he's gonna kill me.

Consider a preemptive strike.