Help! what to do in wiang chai - chiang rai

thaiboss

Hello every one here .. i have move from cha-am to wiang chai to my daughter thai here .. i am 60.... now i am missing swimming pool and no mia i am alone single guy now..... ....... where can i use a good swimming pool in the aera ... then what do you do guys here ap art from internet . i have no mia here.

only daughter family good house good aera of living no problem but it look boring now . any suggestion what i can do here ...

bah.gif i d on t want to look for a new mia .stay single better

Well lets see. There is golf, walking, cycling, shooting, tennis, swimming, fishing, yoga, fitness, dancing, picnics, photography, book film and singing clubs, an expat club, churches and temples, just to name a few. I think you can pay to swim and many of the better hotels.

Edited by villagefarang

At the old airport is a low rise hotel (forgot name) with a good pool and a good gym that outsiders can join for exercising. Reasonably priced for long term memberships but I've forgotten details.

Pimanninn Hotel is the name of the place and day use costs 150 baht for pool and gym.

As far as pools go, I would probably rate the Meridien as a bit nicer than the Pimann. Last time I used the 'fitness', as they like to call it at Pimann, I took a short swim after my workout and sauna without anyone saying a thing. Then again nobody was around and the staff were watching TV in the gym.

Thanksgiving%2525202011%252520%252520011

Meridian%252520Pool.jpg

Edited by villagefarang

Pimann is probably the nicest pool in town, but last time I went they wouldn't sell me a one-off ticket for a swim, only if I bought a gym membership. Admittedly this was a few months back, so maybe they've changed their policy.

clap2.gif yes i went on tour for survey this afternoon ..; membership..... they ask for one month swimming 1800 baht ....150 per day only fitness no swimm

Found a new place apartment and haus residence- outside after the bridge -direction mae sai .. 2 km after bridge right side ... name

sorry i do not remember by now 100%..... suranaya..... something like that ..... pool half size( long same pimann but not so large ) have sauna and fitness .. per day

100 baht ...coffe shop..... nice.... clean..... new......4 star level

• 2 weeks later...

About swimming pools , ask some schools which have one ; and I'm sure it will be cheaper than in a big hotel or a fitness center .

In Thailand standing hotels, Resorts and schools have swimming pools ;

In Chiang Mai, for example, I went many times to a big swimming pool ( 33 meters long ) inside a school in Bumrungrat Rd ,

In Sri Chiang Mai, not far from Nong Khai, again in a school;

each time I paid 50 baht ;

In my Amphoe, Sawang Daen Din, Sakon Nakhon province ,no swimming pool, we must go to a little village about 25 km from there , again in a school .

• 2 weeks later...

There is a swimming pool in Wiang Chai.

It is on the left as you drive towards Chiang Rai, about 300 metres after the (left) fork by the school.

It is a bit basic, definitely not as fancy as the hotels, but it only costs 30 or 40 baht.It gets very crowded at weekends and in the school holidays, but if you go in the week early afternoon you may well be the only person there. Run by a very pleasant lady.

I found the swimmingpool in wiang chai ... its ok.... just.... there is no shadow .. but its fine for a round of one hour swimm ..

yes the lady is nice she speak english ...

.... to spend time i have now home massage 4 hours per week......... massage in tow (chiang rai ) SOME afternoon....have fun to check out the girls ..

its nice here for just touring around by scooter .... found a special place for stupa and view point.. go there twice a week ...meet thai people in that hill - mountain

have some lady( thai) ex( retired) english teacher here in village.... good for chating ...

have 3 dog here in house .... so go touring with them by special scooter for dog !!!

as I practice meditation 2 hours per day those activties are enouth to entertain my mind ...

and now i am... brain storming.... with my mind... how to built a meditation center on top of that hill here. you have a tremendos view till laos and burma from the top

post-120641-0-03124300-1445651865_thumb.

Why not embrace your newness get out and explore the area. I was out on the bicycle yesterday on an abbreviated ride of 54 km when I stumbled upon a group of three old farangs puttering about on their scooters near the rock quarries in Pha Ngam. They weren’t moving fast and they were stopping to take in the sights along the way. We had a brief chat before going our separate ways.

There are just so many back roads to explore you could keep yourself busy for quite some time. Doing it on a bicycle would be a healthier option but if you just aren’t fit enough a scooter is a cheap and easy alternative. Don’t just sit at home doing nothing, get out and find out where you live. You can do it alone like me or in a small group like the guys I met on the road.
Edit: I was posting at the same time you were so missed your post. Glad you found that mountain top spot but there are many others.
Edited by villagefarang

I am a strong proponent of noninterference in the lives and affairs of others, especially while living in a foreign country. If one feels the need to do something, it seems much more effective to join an existing Thai project by volunteering ones time, effort, money and any expertise one might have. Helping them do what they want to do seems like a good place to start.

Too often egos get involved and instead of working with what is already there, something new is started in an effort to create a little fiefdom where one holds ultimate sway. Instead of improving an existing group, charity or even forum, some people insist on further dividing resources by reinventing the wheel. I don’t find that particularly productive and it could be seen as selfish.
Of course you are free to try anything you wish but I thought I might offer some food for thought. You are still new to the area so perhaps you need to take a little more time to figure out where you might make a contribution.