Visa advice reqiured

Hi,

I've recently been scammed by a visa agency. I didn't know at the time it was a common scam they do.

I arrived here back in April and married my girlfriend of 18month. I have had the type 'O' marriage visa then I wanted a 1 year visa but didn't have the required 400,000bht. I spoke to a visa company who said they could arrange the visa for me at a price of 28000bht. With me being a little nieave back then I decided to go for it. I have recently found out that my 1 year visa is "under consideration" and I have to report to immigration on the 29th September. I spoke to the visa company regarding this a couple of weeks ago who told me I don't have to do anything, they will collect my passport and sort this out for me.

I have spoken to said visa company again this morning to see when they want to collect my passport and do this for me. Now they are telling me that we have to show 400,000bht in my account again plus they now need another 25000bht from me as " the boss has moved".

Can anybody please give me some advice on what is the best way forward as I don't have that money in my account plus I certainly don't want to give them another 25k.

Jeez man, get the extension yourself, it's not hard.

But, you need funds so call a friend or family member for the 400K and have it mature in your bank for 2 months.

Stat dec from your consulate is another option.

You can't be in this country with meager funds or you'll become a statistic.

we ALL get scammed one way or the other.....i got beat on the Cambodia border for about $45. it's not the amount, but me being dumb and listening to these clowns.

i would bring a thai with you and let them try to get some money back.

as you know, keep your cool, but maybe show up every day all day..

28,000 baht can go far.....if you spend 28 days bothering them, and get it, that's 1,000 baht a day you "earned"

and people wonder how us farangs get cynical....