How did you meet your partner?

Crazy chef 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was eating in a hotel 5*, I was so delighted with the food I asked if I could meet the chef which I thought would be a man.

My future wife walked out & introduced herself, it just went from there. Married almost 3 years and very happy. coffee1.gif

And I have taught her to cook western food...clap2.gif

Yea, no one ever met their wife in a bar, I believe that. Or maybe too shy to admit it. This topic is so done. Move on please.

Why you say that when one poster said he catched a ping pong ball and my slut mention?

As for the others, I can't imagine how many foreigners that lady from the night market did while dating for 1.5 yearsgigglem.gif sorry JAFO!

Yea, no one ever met their wife in a bar, I believe that. Or maybe too shy to admit it. This topic is so done. Move on please.

Met my first wife in a bar, 2 or 3 BabyChams then back to her place and shagged her (married 30 years).

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Why you say that when one poster said he catched a ping pong ball and my slut mention?

As for the others, I can't imagine how many foreigners that lady from the night market did while dating for 1.5 yearsgigglem.gif sorry JAFO!

While I should be offended, I will not be because your comment clearly shows your ignorance. Just like a great number of the men on this site and others they believe that all Thai women play the field with foreigners because that's all the men date and all they know. They meet in bars or on the internet.

Just a tid bit of info not that I need to justify or defend (Thought it would enlighten you a bit) , She worked 6 days a week as a manager and had no time to date hence the reason we dated slowly. I frequently went and had lunch and dinner with her at work. She felt bad we had little time to go off and do things. But when she had a few days we always took off and relaxed.

But its all good, you don't know, how could you? Just keep hanging in the bars thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

My wife loves to tell the story of how she watched me from afar for more than a year. She saw me come and go. She saw my car parked for a month sometimes and wondered where I had gone. She saw the girls and wondered what they saw in me and why them not her. I guess she was intrigued by the bad boy persona at the time.

She likes to joke that if she had known I spoke Thai so well she may have been able to muster the courage to talk to me or wrangle an introduction but probably not. When we finally met and I discovered how long she had been secretly interested in me, I found it a major turn-on.
I had been happily single in Thailand for 20 years at that point and I was convinced, like most of my friends, that I was perhaps the least likely amount us to get married. To make a long story short, I broke pretty much every rule which had served me so well over the years. I even broke my no marriage rule after nearly two years together. On paper we never should have worked out as a couple but here we are 18 years later, happier than I ever thought I could be.
We have been very nontraditional. No sin sod, we eloped and told our families and friends after we were already married. We decided not to have kids. I am a much better person for being with her all these years and her growth has been amazing.

Met my first wife in a bar, 2 or 3 BabyChams then back to her place and shagged her (married 30 years).

And still shagging???btw your words... Edited by Crazy chef 1

While I should be offended, I will not be because your comment clearly shows your ignorance. Just like a great number of the men on this site and others they believe that all Thai women play the field with foreigners because that's all the men date and all they know. They meet in bars or on the internet.

Just a tid bit of info not that I need to justify or defend (Thought it would enlighten you a bit) , She worked 6 days a week as a manager and had no time to date hence the reason we dated slowly. I frequently went and had lunch and dinner with her at work. She felt bad we had little time to go off and do things. But when she had a few days we always took off and relaxed.

But its all good, you don't know, how could you? Just keep hanging in the bars thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Keep cool JAFO,it's the pub and a relaxed topic no need for arguments...if somebody offends you just ignore it...

Keep cool JAFO,it's the pub and a relaxed topic no need for arguments...if somebody offends you just ignore it...

Oh I wasn't offended, I stated that up front. I offered my response to enlighten the poster. I will say that to this day I am still always amazed how a great number can't believe you can meet a woman outside the bars and internet and that they don't all play the field. More than most are very traditional and not sure if a westerner man is the right person. My GF wasn't sure about me. I am the type whatever works. If a bar girl floats your boat, all good, internet dating...all good. Whatever gets you to the place one is happy is the goal. everybody has different expectations

I actually enjoy all the stereotypical myths that exist. Some really make me laugh.

"All Thai women want a western man"

"All Thai woman are bar girls or prostitutes, especially if they are with a westerner"

"All Thai women's family requires Sin Sod"

"All Thai woman only like western men for their money"

"All Thai women that speak good English have been with many western men"

Cheers

June 1990 in a country music pub. Twenty-first wedding anniversary last week. 1 daughter and 1 son now both in their twenties.

Btw I have to admit that we had last week our wedding anniversary but I forgot it...lucky me she forgot as well...
Get ready for the lash when she finally remembers.

June 1990 in a country music pub. Twenty-first wedding anniversary last week. 1 daughter and 1 son now both in their twenties.

Btw I have to admit that we had last week our wedding anniversary but I forgot it...lucky me she forgot as well...
Get ready for the lash when she finally remembers.

No worries mate a friend of mine reminded me though I could turn it the other way around and asked her : did you forgot our wedding anniversary??? Shame on you...

No ignorance, just playing around / teasing, you know how it go's in this section.

Actually I've been with bank and hotel managers so if someone works 6 days a week it means very little, no matter what they work really. I live in Pattaya so that might make a little difference smile.png

So that makes you a little ignorant by thinking that whores can't have normal jobs and sometimes well paid ones, but its'all good! wink.png

Just a hint, they can always make time to date, no one works 24 hours/day.

Especially here in Pattaya many foreigners fall for the trap of the 'normal' job, one should think why they have a normal job in Pattaya (easy answer cause they alraedy have a foreigner taking care of them but always interested in some extra pocket money), at least that's my experience here. I have been rejected, though not so often in Pattaya.

Your defending response does make me curious about your age and your wifes. Yes age doesn't matter biggrin.png

Edited by dennis123

No ignorance, just playing around / teasing, you know how it go's in this section.

Actually I've been with bank and hotel managers so if someone works 6 days a week it means very little, no matter what they work really. I live in Pattaya so that might make a little difference smile.png

So that makes you a little ignorant by thinking that whores can't have normal jobs and sometimes well paid ones, but its'all good! wink.png

Just a hint, they can always make time to date, no one works 24 hours/day.

Especially here in Pattaya many fall for the trap of the 'normal' job, one should think why they have a normal job in Pattaya (easy answer cause they alraedy have a foreigner taking care of them but always interested in some extra pocket money), at least that's my experience here. I have been rejected though, seen it all really.

Your defending response does make me curious about your age and your wifes. Yes age doesn't matter :D

Boy can you keep your negativity out of my thread...this is a light hearted topic not serious...

I actually enjoy all the stereotypical myths that exist. Some really make me laugh.

"All Thai women want a western man"

"All Thai woman are bar girls or prostitutes, especially if they are with a westerner"

"All Thai women's family requires Sin Sod"

"All Thai woman only like western men for their money"

"All Thai women that speak good English have been with many western men"

Cheers

Let's put it slightly differently for the sake of discussion, 95%+ of Thai women that are interested in a foreigner are prostitutes in one way or the other and only go for the money.

Now anyone can disagree with that but I only have to look at the age and looks of both parties which confirms it completely, even the ones that move oversees with their new 'love', it's nearly always an foreigner that would have a real hard time finding a wife in his own country with a relatively good looking and younger Thai lady.

For example I only know one couple quite well that lives in Pattaya that does make a good match, all the other couples, a few dozen that I know, don't make a good couple.

Doesn't that say something?