Thai ladies mentality changed alot, and more materialistic ? I feel disappointed

Danielsiam

Hello, I come to Thailand for the first time in 2005, just ten years ago, I was 20's years. Now I'm 30 years.. I am looking ok good normal.. and can speak thai alot.

During first time I come to Thailand, I felt the Thai girls are friendly, even can meet girls who will not ask some money in discotheque.. etc.. or just said up to you.

I met also many girls online by dating, they was so warm & they come to talk with you first...

I travel like every year in Thailand..

and more & more, I feel that the thai girls are more unfriendly..( whatever online or outside, bar, disco, etc.. ) more complicated, I met alot of girls on dating but since fews years I feel it's more complicated... they're so busy, they're so fear, they're so arrogant also sometime.. snobbish.. and giving also fake hope.. and less authentic girl than before

I want to know if it's just my perception or it's some people thinking same as me ?

I can't even think what will happened after10-20 years on this way ...

Edited by Danielsiam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just your perception in my opinion. It's true that people have more money given that the middle class has more disposable income. But not much of a change in terms of culture in my opinion. What's changed is more the trends, i.e. interest into Korean bands etc.

Although it seems that the OP is just worrying about getting a free ride, i think his perception is right.

Not only Thailand, but the whole world is changing faster and faster, and not only because we are getting older.

People are more self-centered, i mostly blame the abuse of technology, and the bad quality of the food.

Ive found some Thai women VERY arrogant , like they really are something special, the last one was renting a room from a friend of my Wife 's and hadnt paid the rent for 2 months, I was asked to evict her, I met her i n the lift and said she hadnt paid her rent, she looked down on me and grunted as if to say , who the <deleted> are you telling me.

10 minutes later I was telling her she had 5 minutes to get her stuff out or I would be chucking them out the window, the "hi so" then became the " its not fair" sob story, i didnt give a sh*t and out she went, stuck up little cow

Ive found some Thai women VERY arrogant , like they really are something special, the last one was renting a room from a friend of my Wife 's and hadnt paid the rent for 2 months, I was asked to evict her, I met her i n the lift and said she hadnt paid her rent, she looked down on me and grunted as if to say , who the <deleted> are you telling me.

10 minutes later I was telling her she had 5 minutes to get her stuff out or I would be chucking them out the window, the "hi so" then became the " its not fair" sob story, i didnt give a sh*t and out she went, stuck up little cow

Is it that easy to evict people here? No legal process to go through?

Thai women are obsessed with their bodies now.

they don't like their noses. and because many are having nose jobs to get a farang nose, they all want a nose job.

same with skin color. white. not brown.

eyebrows have to be tattoos now. same with eyelashes.

fashion industry. advertising. poor upbringing. low self esteem.

and once they make it to the west and live there for a while, they become unhappy for the same reasons as farang woman.

and they are "tripping on themselves" as they have discovered their power over men. just not a mystery anymore. the internet has change everything.

thai women share their experiences they have with farang men on a wholesale level to other thai ladies on the internet now.

standard of living going up. beautiful Thai women see Asian women in films and television playing strong characters in the west. they know the score.

thai music videos are all about not letting your thai boyfriend walk all over you.

and yes, everybody is completely "check out" because they can't look away from their phone even for a second.

Edited by NCC1701A

Although it seems that the OP is just worrying about getting a free ride, i think his perception is right.

Not only Thailand, but the whole world is changing faster and faster, and not only because we are getting older.

People are more self-centered, i mostly blame the abuse of technology, and the bad quality of the food.

Yes!

That must be the problem.

I is food causing many problems in Thailand and the rest of the world too! clap2.gif

I read your post and for some reason I kept on reading it with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent !!

If you are a good looking guy and are looking for a genuine Thai lady, try looking for one at the local universities or even in the shopping centers, going to bars and clubs to pick up chicks was the norm in the 1980's and will always turn up all kinds of riff raff!!

If you are willing to pay for plenty of Ladydrinks at the bar, the girls are as friendly as 20 years ago. By not doing so, you will be qualified as "just a beer customer". Therefore, you are of no further interest to them.

But over the years, a learning process has taken place among Thai-Ladies and male Farangs equally: "We don't tick the same way. and we never will.". As a result of this "Enlightenment", fewer Farangs are inviting Thai-Ladies to their home-country with longer term plans in mind and fewer Farangs are willing to settle somewhere in "Nakhon Nowhere", taking along not much more than their underwear and their ATM card.

The ladies at the bar can isolate a "beer-customer" from a customer with future "Potential" in less than 2 minutes.

It was somewhat different 20 years ago. OP arrived too late.

Cheers.

Thai women are obsessed with their bodies now.

they don't like their noses. and because many are having nose jobs to get a farang nose, they all want a nose job.

same with skin color. white. not brown.

eyebrows have to be tattoos now. same with eyelashes.

fashion industry. advertising. poor upbringing. low self esteem.

and once they make it to the west and live there for a while, they become unhappy for the same reasons as farang woman.

and they are "tripping on themselves" as they have discovered their power over men. just not a mystery anymore. the internet has change everything.

thai women share their experiences they have with farang men on a wholesale level to other thai ladies on the internet now.

standard of living going up. beautiful Thai women see Asian women in films and television playing strong characters in the west. they know the score.

thai music videos are all about not letting your thai boyfriend walk all over you.

and yes, everybody is completely "check out" because they can't look away from their phone even for a second.

Seen the eyebrows tattooed (a lot) but never seen one with the eyelashes done...........................blink.png

1 Yes.

2.No.

Yeah the OP's probably going to the freelancer hangouts.

He's probably right about the changed attitudes, though. When I first came here in '08, very few Thai women had smartphones; they were very friendly and if you were half decent-looking, they'd really bend over backwards for you

That's all changed now.

Now, they don't have to go with jokers who can't/won't pay or suffocate under a brontosaurus for 1,000 baht when they can just get made up, put on a Wonderbra, a little black dress, pout suggestively and take a series of photos.

I know one freelancer who used to be out in places like Climax and Insomnia 5-6 nights a week having little choice but to go with the pi55ed up old wheezers still out at 3 or 4am for 1500 baht.

She says her life completely changed once she got a FB account. Now all her customers are young, fit Eurotrash guys who book her up weeks in advance and pay her what she asks for.

She only goes to the clubs when she wants to party now.

All power to her; if you're gonna make your living on your back, it might as well be with punters you can look at without throwing up, right?

Thai landlords call on Farangs to kick Thai people out after threatening them.......I know it's true cos I read it on the internet on an anonymous forum. giggle.gif

probably not a hi-so girl though....

Hello, I come to Thailand for the first time in 2005, just ten years ago, I was 20's years. Now I'm 30 years.. I am looking ok good normal.. and can speak thai alot.

During first time I come to Thailand, I felt the Thai girls are friendly, even can meet girls who will not ask some money in discotheque.. etc.. or just said up to you.

I met also many girls online by dating, they was so warm & they come to talk with you first...

I travel like every year in Thailand..

and more & more, I feel that the thai girls are more unfriendly..( whatever online or outside, bar, disco, etc.. ) more complicated, I met alot of girls on dating but since fews years I feel it's more complicated... they're so busy, they're so fear, they're so arrogant also sometime.. snobbish.. and giving also fake hope.. and less authentic girl than before

I want to know if it's just my perception or it's some people thinking same as me ?

I can't even think what will happened after10-20 years on this way ...

Thailand is developing rapidly and thais are getting wealthier and better education than before. You may need to shift your base to poorer countries like Laos, Cambodia etc before they also catch up.

guy in 20's who is poor is normal. guy in 30's who is poor is not. now you must compete with the two-week millionaires.

wait until you are in your 40's and cannot buy 10 houses in thailand.....they will shun you to the 20 baht fruit stand

but speaking thai will get you discount to 25 baht.

lol

I read your post and for some reason I kept on reading it with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent !!

If you are a good looking guy and are looking for a genuine Thai lady, try looking for one at the local universities or even in the shopping centers, going to bars and clubs to pick up chicks was the norm in the 1980's and will always turn up all kinds of riff raff!!

don't worry he'll be back..

Some people on here are going to find out the reality of a lot of this new Thai money when this recession really hits home and so many of these supposed rich girls credit dries up with no more family land to sell. The copy cat business has naff all customers and even the boss isn't handing over I-phones to his accommodating office girls.

Anyway how would you know as they never pull their head up from their 36 easy monthly payment I-phones. That is if the boss wink wink hasn't bought it for them.

The reality is so many Thais have become obsessed with money and status symbols and 'respect' by the new money is based on how much money someone has or is perceived to have. See the naff third world farm trucks Fortuners etc bought on 8 years credit parked outside a house so small that they can't actually park it outside and 6- 10 people, 3 generations of the family living in that house. Oh and don't forget the 6000 baht a month Burmese maid status symbol following them around the shopping centre, note the lack of shopping bags.

Most the real rich or should that be the old money don't go to nightclubs etc where the new money and wannabes, gigs and toy boys hang out and avoid them like the plague. The people that do go to these places are on the hunt for money they simply perceive you not to have any. They don't care what you look like except that you look like you have money. (see the recent story about people returning designer goods to pay school feesblink.png) And as for the ones that have managed to buy themselves a new Toyota or Honda and now think they are above people. cheesy.gif

Smart phones and internet have turned them into self absorbed &lt;deleted&gt;...like most people outside thailand too.

They dont need to be friendly to you because they have all their friends in their pocket....plus internet has made them lazy....just open a badoo a count and reel the suckers in.

Oh you can fafff around with lawyers and such and being nice but it doesnt work, she'd had two months and im not one to p*ss about. Like most things here there are ways and ways

Thai landlords call on Farangs to kick Thai people out after threatening them.......I know it's true cos I read it on the internet on an anonymous forum. giggle.gif

same old crap from you i see