You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

I can not take it anymore.Staff in Thailand

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a lousy thing to do to someone. They've already gone through the trauma of changing gender (something that is not as easy for a lot of ladyboys as the general attitude may have you believe). They've had the gumption to apply for a job in another language - something that I'd guarantee the OP can't do in Thai. Then their application is published online and mocked by an unprofessional weasle who can't even manage to keep an applicant's job application confidential. Yeah, real funny.

Hold on a second, is it yet another ladyboy lover save a whale post?

Did anyone force him to change his gender? or forced him to sell his ass?

Did anyone stop him from doing little reading on how to apply for jobs instead of being busy selling his ass?

Go donate some money to animal charity of kids charity, at least then you have done something good for a change

As for my Thai skills, i suggest you pull your head out of backside as the only thing coming of your mouth is nothing but feces.

What a lousy thing to do to someone. They've already gone through the trauma of changing gender (something that is not as easy for a lot of ladyboys as the general attitude may have you believe). They've had the gumption to apply for a job in another language - something that I'd guarantee the OP can't do in Thai. Then their application is published online and mocked by an unprofessional weasle who can't even manage to keep an applicant's job application confidential. Yeah, real funny.

Did anyone stop him from doing little reading on how to apply for jobs instead of being busy selling his ass?

Go donate some money to animal charity of kids charity, at least then you have done something good for a change

As for my Thai skills, i suggest you pull your head out of backside as the only thing coming of your mouth is nothing but feces.

I understand your frustrations.

I share many of them.

But perhaps you need to take some distance from all that.

Slow down.

Been there myself, done that myself.

Peace.

So OP runs a business in Pattaya and is surprised that some of the people looking for work there are not the brightest in the world? Big surprise…

I’m in Chiang Mai and over the last few years I have had to deal with many Thais in a professional context, and overall I have been very satisfied, sometimes even impressed, not because my expectations are low, but because on several occasions their attention to detail and/or initiative surpassed what I have experienced in the West.

As for the job application posted, I really don’t see the big deal here. Issued by the Kingdom of Thailand? Guess what, when I have to fill out where my passport was issued, I just write “Police station”. Address being “near 7-11 in Soi Lengkee”? Countless times I’ve stated my address as “Near KFC on Changklan Rd.”, that’s pretty common in Thailand. Salary being up to you? From the perspective of the applicant, who have no idea what a foreigner will pay for a receptionist with no prior experience, that does seem like the best option, and I am surprised that you do not have a standard rate for the receptionist, but instead let the applicant try to guess what you’re willing to pay them.

And commenting on the attractiveness of a rejected hire, seriously?

So just to confirm, you actually seriously in the open admitting to being somewhat "mentally unfit" to state you write your address as "near some place" and expect rational thinking people to believe you get a job?

You then want me or anyone with half a brain take any of the drivel you posted as fact, when i clearly stated in previous posts that salary range was posted in the advert.

NO wonder you were impressed by someone paying attention, when you struggle to read in your own language

And yes commenting on attractiveness of someone who comes as a front for a business. If you actually did have any sense at all or have worked anywhere but a factory, you would know that front is ALWAYS manned by pleasant looking people.

But do not let reality hit you on the way out, and please carry on trolling

I share many of them.

Slow down.

Peace.

You been where and done what?

I share many of them.

Slow down.

Peace.

You been where and done what?

OK

candidates like the one posted are fine for the dumps that masquerade as hotels in chez buakhao, lengkee etc.

Those are bars with rooms for rent, hotels do not have reception filled with hookers and loud music till 2-3am :)

Hey, i know that place near 7-11, just saw it on

Goggle street view, didn't see the he/she though

but it up to yooooooooo.

(can't drink my coffee, laughing too much)

HEY, JUST REMEMBERED

My brother in law was managing a McDonald's store

in Marrickville a working class suburb of Sydney, he was

asked to help in the recruitment of 1 new staff member,

i went to pick him up after work one day, as he was

closing up he tells me to look through the 500 odd

applications, i was appalled, many couldn't even spell

their name, everywhere,, same same.

society is definitely going in the wrong direction and I really wonder how is the younger generation possibly going to survive in the workforce?

I watched a debate on BBC world about the threat of artificial intelligence to the workplace. The greatest threat is that artificial intelligence itself will eventually reach a stage where it can keep improving itself independently of any human participation. When we reach that stage I have no idea where applicants such as the one you mentioned will fit in.

In the sixties my father used to say things like that. I disagreed with him.

I am older now than he was then.

But I still do not utter that kind of nonsense.

I don’t see it as nonsense. In fact, I see it happening already. No longer are the most lucrative high-tech contracts reserved only for the most advanced nation corporations; many lesser developed nation firms can do the job. Likewise, more advanced nation workers now must compete with workers from all over the world; workers who can and will do their jobs, just as well, for less money. Jobs and education are being dumbed-down to accommodate the increasing number of lesser-skilled/capable individuals of today. I am a former software engineer, consultant, and college professor. Many people today who wear the “software” title are merely more familiar with which boxes to check on a menu than the average operator of that system. These software-lights have little knowledge of how to design or maintain a computer system, let alone write one. To meet these new fields of lesser skills, we have dumbed-down our education, so as not to leave anyone behind. For example a math question in the 1950’s may have been: A vendor has 100 teapots which cost him $5 each. He sells 4/5 of them for a 30% profit each. Without using a slide rule, calculate the percentage between his initial purchase price and his total sales? And, today, that same question might be: A vendor has 100 teapots which cost him $5 each. He sells 80 of them for $6.50 each. Underline the number 80. Why are we doing it? So, these severely limited individuals will have some place to fit in.

Hey, i know that place near 7-11, just saw it on

Goggle street view, didn't see the he/she though

but it up to yooooooooo.

(can't drink my coffee, laughing too much)

HEY, JUST REMEMBERED

My brother in law was managing a McDonald's store

in Marrickville a working class suburb of Sydney, he was

asked to help in the recruitment of 1 new staff member,

i went to pick him up after work one day, as he was

closing up he tells me to look through the 500 odd

applications, i was appalled, many couldn't even spell

their name, everywhere,, same same.

society is definitely going in the wrong direction and I really wonder how is the younger generation possibly going to survive in the workforce?

I watched a debate on BBC world about the threat of artificial intelligence to the workplace. The greatest threat is that artificial intelligence itself will eventually reach a stage where it can keep improving itself independently of any human participation. When we reach that stage I have no idea where applicants such as the one you mentioned will fit in.

In the sixties my father used to say things like that. I disagreed with him.

I am older now than he was then.

But I still do not utter that kind of nonsense.

your father had incredible vision in the 1960s because he was saying then what the likes of Proffesor Stephen Hawking is saying only now smile.png

So OP runs a business in Pattaya and is surprised that some of the people looking for work there are not the brightest in the world? Big surprise

Im in Chiang Mai and over the last few years I have had to deal with many Thais in a professional context, and overall I have been very satisfied, sometimes even impressed, not because my expectations are low, but because on several occasions their attention to detail and/or initiative surpassed what I have experienced in the West.

As for the job application posted, I really dont see the big deal here. Issued by the Kingdom of Thailand? Guess what, when I have to fill out where my passport was issued, I just write Police station. Address being near 7-11 in Soi Lengkee? Countless times Ive stated my address as Near KFC on Changklan Rd., thats pretty common in Thailand. Salary being up to you? From the perspective of the applicant, who have no idea what a foreigner will pay for a receptionist with no prior experience, that does seem like the best option, and I am surprised that you do not have a standard rate for the receptionist, but instead let the applicant try to guess what youre willing to pay them.

So just to confirm, you actually seriously in the open admitting to being somewhat "mentally unfit" to state you write your address as "near some place" and expect rational thinking people to believe you get a job?

You then want me or anyone with half a brain take any of the drivel you posted as fact, when i clearly stated in previous posts that salary range was posted in the advert.

NO wonder you were impressed by someone paying attention, when you struggle to read in your own language

And yes commenting on attractiveness of someone who comes as a front for a business. If you actually did have any sense at all or have worked anywhere but a factory, you would know that front is ALWAYS manned by pleasant looking people.

But do not let reality hit you on the way out, and please carry on trolling

If you posted the salary in the ad then why did you have that question on the form, then blame the applicant for answering it?

Thai frequently put their address as near somewhere, seems you want Thais in their own country to be more like you.

I did laugh at the application but after having read your other posts it seems you just consider yourself above and better than everyone else and take delight in showing your superiority complex.

It is obvious you are not happy in your work and perhaps its time you moved to a country more in tune with your ego.

So OP runs a business in Pattaya and is surprised that some of the people looking for work there are not the brightest in the world? Big surprise…

I’m in Chiang Mai and over the last few years I have had to deal with many Thais in a professional context, and overall I have been very satisfied, sometimes even impressed, not because my expectations are low, but because on several occasions their attention to detail and/or initiative surpassed what I have experienced in the West.

As for the job application posted, I really don’t see the big deal here. Issued by the Kingdom of Thailand? Guess what, when I have to fill out where my passport was issued, I just write “Police station”. Address being “near 7-11 in Soi Lengkee”? Countless times I’ve stated my address as “Near KFC on Changklan Rd.”, that’s pretty common in Thailand. Salary being up to you? From the perspective of the applicant, who have no idea what a foreigner will pay for a receptionist with no prior experience, that does seem like the best option, and I am surprised that you do not have a standard rate for the receptionist, but instead let the applicant try to guess what you’re willing to pay them.

there's quite a bit of a difference between " dealing with many Thais in a professional context " and running your own business in Thailand and dealing with service staff? Have you ever been in the same situation as the OP yourself?ermm.gif

Well I think the OP has done a remarkable job of demonstrating why no-one with a brain would apply to work for his company. He's rude, arrogant, unprofessional, discriminatory and let's be fair about this... he's also nearly as dim as the applicant he mocks. I guess it's akin to a murderer looking down on a rapist in jail. When you're an absolute sad sack; you have to find someone to be cruel to - well done OP. Collect your "not the brightest bulb in this or any box" award at the door.

there's quite a bit of a difference between "dealing with many Thais in a professional context" and running your own business in Thailand and dealing with service staff? Have you ever been in the same situation as the OP yourself?ermm.gif

By “professional context” I meant hiring Thais to do work for me, but no, it’s not the same as being an employer of full time staff. I am an employer in Europe, so I do know the difference, and getting good staff is a problem that goes beyond borders.

I learned long ago that the last thing you do, when you need new staff, is place an ad. I would have said it is surprising that OP can’t find a receptionist via his network, incl. existing/former staff, but if he is anything like his online persona, then well, you reap what you have sown…

It's a front position which everybody faces first when entering. The decision derived is crystal clear and made from the first glance. Business is cold and there was more mercy than anything when spending time with such an applicant. There is a load of rubbish in this thread and some reasonable thinking but certainly more of the first. I do agree with the OP but at the same time with those saying that it should not be up for discussion because it is very common and simply not worth to talk about it. However it stimulates reading more about it just like your iPhone is in control of you.

Archived