That was some meal Witherspoons (today)

loppylugs1

Ploughmans special,not just big,but huge,cheeses ham beef, just about everything in too , large amounts.

That guy running it sure wants some praise,the cod and parsley sauce ,boiled potatoes and peas the other week was a delight ,huge piece of fish All around 185 baht

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfast also very voluminous.

I am not an expert for English breakfast, but it was a good experience.

They are one of the few places in the area where you get a breakfast as early as 7h in the morning, so I visited them once before leaving for the bus.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I had a free breakfast there. It was OK but I think the full price was 135B and it didnt seem any better than that served at Retox round the corner for 98B. Retox breakfast is available 24 hours.

I love it! The guy gets a FREE meal at a restaurant and then has the gall to criticize them, and then, to make it even worse he recommends another restaurant. Really! So people just don’t have a clue.

I had a free breakfast there. It was OK but I think the full price was 135B and it didnt seem any better than that served at Retox round the corner for 98B. Retox breakfast is available 24 hours.

I love it! The guy gets a FREE meal at a restaurant and then has the gall to criticize them, and then, to make it even worse he recommends another restaurant. Really! So people just don’t have a clue.

What difference does the price I paid have to do with anything? The breakfast I had was the full-price one and my comments were based on that.

I preferred it when it was walled in and air conned. Once the outside wall came down and it become an open air bar I stopped going. The traffic on that Soi is pretty busy and the bar is right on the road so diesel fumes and chips doesn't mix well with me

I like Witherspoons. Big beer and whisk(e)y choice, good food (although limited experience so far) and good service. And prices are comfortable -- not cheap, not expensive. Considering the place has at least 17 TVs for the sportaholics (I'm not one), there's not much to complain about. But, I do agree with another comment about the close proximity of heavy traffic. But hey, it's on Buakhao.

I preferred it when it was walled in and air conned. Once the outside wall came down and it become an open air bar I stopped going. The traffic on that Soi is pretty busy and the bar is right on the road so diesel fumes and chips doesn't mix well with me

I wouldn't make a habit of going there because of the traffic and fumes but I went to watch the NRL and decided to try the food and was pleasantly surprised.

It is certainly better food than Robins Nest where I often meet up with friends.

Witherspoons has some good food..

But nobody in Pattaya can beat Retoxs breakfast

for value...Its just not possible,unless their breakfast

was free every day....

Do they sell beers other than Thai?

Every beer under the sun

They had Old Speckled Hen on draught last year.

Still did a few weeks ago.

Have been out for the last 10 days or so as I asked then and again last night (this morning). The manager said they currently have Ruddles (if I remember correctly?) and they normally also have Boddingtons.

What difference does the price I paid have to do with anything? The breakfast I had was the full-price one and my comments were based on that.

I used to eat breakfast there some time ago but then they upped the prices. Their basic breakfast is now 130baht but does not include juice (I tried it 2 weeks ago).Killkennys (round the corner in LK metro) small breakfast at 100 baht is much better value. Witherspoons bigger breakfast is 150 or 155 baht from memory so Retox at 98 baht is pretty unmatchable on price. Not sure there is much difference in the quality between the 3 I mentioned.

I noticed on their website they are selling Phaal curry (derived from PHALLUS as in you supposedly are super macho to order it) the Anglo-Indian curry reputed to be the spiciest curry on the planet. Is this for real? Do they really do it as in the UK or is just a gimmick item on their menu?

Edited by Jingthing

Just had the morning breakfast special yesterday. It's 150 baht. Wished they offered something other than Nescafe instant coffee with the meal. Ugh!

Try tea,far better tasting in the morning

...unless they are using Lipton's yellow label dross.

The old speckled hen is now being served in witherspoons and also ruddles best bitter has arrived in the last few days.

Good news on the OSH. The supply in Thailand tends to be a bit scatter gun. I tried all 6 venues in the area that stock it and Witherspoons was fresh. Another English pub over towards Theprassit tasted crap so they obviously don't have many punters drinking it.