Phuket Video Report: Haze doesn’t hamper Aussie’s fight against child abuse

Jonathan Fairfield

Video Report: Haze doesn’t hamper Aussie’s fight against child abuse

PHUKET: As part of his battle against child abuse, Damien Rider successfully circumnavigated Phuket on his standup paddle board (SUP), despite the dense Indonesian haze leaving him lost at sea earlier this month.

Mr Rider, a victim of child abuse, first caught the media’s attention with Paddle Against Child Abuse (PACA) when he completed an 800 kilometer prone paddle through the shark infested waters of the Gold Coast to Bondi Beach.

Though not as dramatic as being knocked from his board by a great white shark, Mr Rider faced a number of different challenges as he paddled around Phuket.

“Definitely the most challenging part was absolutely not knowing where to go. When that haze came in, I didn’t know what I was aiming for,” Mr Rider said.

“The haze was definitely a massive factor. I got lost at sea twice for about an hour. I couldn’t see land at all, not at all.

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-10-17

I admire the Aussie''s passion for fighting child abuse...just do not understand how this helps an abused child?

Huh? What rock have you been living under? sad.png

Rock of Ages...Kid Rock...Rockabilly...Dome of the Rock...Rock of Gibraltar...take your pick...