Let's break up,' Thai lottery winner texts wife, who sues

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pure greed. she is just trying to bite a part of her boyfriend's fortune. it's was really stupid to tell her about the lottery ticket.

hope she will loose the case. it's really hard to rob the father of a child in Thailand, if he is not married with the mother.

childcare should be none of the business of the state. it's up to father how much does he eager to give for a child.

your ex-husband gives you not enough to support your child? biology made it up to woman to choose a partner to make kids. That's why men have to spend so much time, energy and resources to get sex.

so if you chose the wrong guy - it's your mistake and nobody's else.

I think There is obligatory child support in Thailand,

I know a Thai girl currently who is fighting to get a payment from a husband who has stopped sending money for his kids each month

Don't know what will happen in court if the guy says he has no money but I think he is supposed to be sending not less than 6000 a month

But they are legally married, unlike these two...

for married couples - yes. but if mom and dad were not married - nobody can force father to admit under the law that he is a father.

and for my opinion it's unfair to force the father to pay. human females unlike other animals can have sex even when they can't conceive. this is a natural mechanism to keep the father in the family and make him to support it.

biology make it like this: wife has to treat the husband good, obey him, give him pleasure in bed - in order to make him stay in the family

but modern woman , especially in the West, does not need to do that - she can ask the state to force her husband to pay! naturally men are eager to run away from such conditions.

when natural biological mechanism is replaced by repressive state machine normal family disappears. and kids from incomplete, malfunction families are tend to become mentally disturbed, culprits, psychopaths etc. there is an official US statistics for that.

and you are still questioning why hate crimes, sexual crimes, violence crimes, are on rise in the West?!

haha

Timmy,you are one of a kind,you stand out as a misogynist buffoon,even on TVF.Congratulations.

Common Law Spouses (Man or Woman) have right to (up to 50%) of assets after co-habiting without a break after two years and where there is a Child from the relationship, additional division can be ordered by the Family Court.

so you can't just live with a woman you like without risking to loose half of your property?! so if we want to have relationship without obligations we have to live in separate houses?

it's even worse to be a man in the UK than I thought.... now I understand better why so many of you run away to Thailand from your feminist kingdom.

(remind myself: always live alone while in the UK)

Nothing to do with feminisits,it's all to do with what's moral and fair.But in your case i believe the spouse would deserve 100% and a gold medal.

pure greed. she is just trying to bite a part of her boyfriend's fortune. it's was really stupid to tell her about the lottery ticket.

hope she will loose the case. it's really hard to rob the father of a child in Thailand, if he is not married with the mother.

childcare should be none of the business of the state. it's up to father how much does he eager to give for a child.

your ex-husband gives you not enough to support your child? biology made it up to woman to choose a partner to make kids. That's why men have to spend so much time, energy and resources to get sex.

Are you serious?

He has a child with this woman, as a MAN he has responsibilities for that child and it does not matter what the law says.

If you really believe what you have written then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself and try to learn what it means to be a REAL MAN.

I hope this man comes to his senses and does the right thing. He won this money, he didn't work for it but luck has smiled upon him. He should now take care of his responsibilities and take care of his child with or without the woman.

sorry to disappoint you, but the whole idea of THE REAL MAN is a manipulation (among many others, of course) used by society in order to make men to behave in someone's else interests.

remember, all your "I am obligated" are someone's else "I want"

real REAL MAN does what he wants and wishes and does not give a rat's ass for what other people think REAL MAN is obligated to do.

people, be free!

No Timmy,your version of a real,real man,which i am sure you are one,is what the rest of us call a selfish,morally bankrupt individual.

"I don't know the law here but in England 'common law wifes' are not entitled to anything on a break up. "

In Australia you live together for 12 months and it is regarded as a de facto relationship and she can take you to court, just like a wife[/quo

You are very wrong she has to live with you for 2 years and gets 25 % my mate friend is going through it now

Well that's wrong too,it depends on what the partner contrbutes to the relationship.Super is part of the package.I have been through it.

Well, it is not exactly like that. The key here is that they have to be "co-habit" (having sexual relations) and also living together as husband and wife.

Many people buy property together but don't live this way. Many people also share accommodations, especially college students, and don't live that way, although sex with that partner may not be totally out of the question

But before you invite the Ole Girl Friend to move in with you to try things out first, one has to be more careful now for sure.

if I would live in the UK I would just stay alone, and visit as many women as I wish at there own accommodations.

at first left liberals tried to force men give away 50% of his assets or more by divorce. men stopped to get married and started to live with women without marriage. and leftists made a law that a man should give away 50% even without marriage! lol

what will be the next? The law requires all men to enter into relationships with women? a double or triple tax for all men, so nobody, even homosexuals, celibates asexuals, impotent men, misogynists, run away from supporting the "weaker sex"?

it's easy to be a woman nowadays in the UK

lol

BS again Timmy,a man has equal rights to sue a woman for her property and assets.

Well, it is not exactly like that. The key here is that they have to be "co-habit" (having sexual relations) and also living together as husband and wife.

Many people buy property together but don't live this way. Many people also share accommodations, especially college students, and don't live that way, although sex with that partner may not be totally out of the question

But before you invite the Ole Girl Friend to move in with you to try things out first, one has to be more careful now for sure.

if I would live in the UK I would just stay alone, and visit as many women as I wish at there own accommodations.

at first left liberals tried to force men give away 50% of his assets or more by divorce. men stopped to get married and started to live with women without marriage. and leftists made a law that a man should give away 50% even without marriage! lol

what will be the next? The law requires all men to enter into relationships with women? a double or triple tax for all men, so nobody, even homosexuals, celibates asexuals, impotent men, misogynists, run away from supporting the "weaker sex"?

it's easy to be a woman nowadays in the UK

lol

BS again Timmy,a man has equal rights to sue a woman for her property and assets.

But there is a lot more men earning the bread than women

Its far easier for a woman to marry money than a man....

I don't know the law here but in England 'common law wifes' are not entitled to anything on a break up.

Unless they have a baby together,

In which case she gets the house, and 15% of his salary for the next 19 years.

Not strictly true. An award will be made to the child, possibly with the mother administering the award but maybe administered by the court. Nothing would be automatic or taken for granted. The court MAY make an award based on the mother's assistance and contribution during their time together.

No children but I had a common law who tried it on (no children). She got nothing.

I don't know the law here but in England 'common law wifes' are not entitled to anything on a break up.

Damn!!!

In Australia they get half (plus) after just six months.

It is all well and good feeling sympathy for the so called fairer sex but they are scheming bitches the lot of them.

That may be so,but if your to dumb to cover your arse,good luck to the women,i rekon.You can get half her assets you know.

Unless they have a baby together,

In which case she gets the house, and 15% of his salary for the next 19 years.

Not true, and not true.

Common law partners have rights in the UK.

Under UK law even when a married couple divorce, unless one party takes out a 'clean break order', one of the parties can still sue for financial support in the case where one of the parties wins or inherits a substantial amount of money.

You are totally wrong. Firstly there is no such thing a "common law spouses" in the UK, it is not legally recognised, period. One partner has absolutely no shout on the other person's assets (nor responsibility for their debts either). If one dies the dying person's family has legal right to the dead person's assets etc, not his "partner"; Unless a will has been drawn up of course and even then, how often do we see the dead person's family contesting these wills. People can write up cohabitation contracts before moving in together but even they are not very robust. If one partner dies, the other partner has no rights to the dead persons bank accounts - unless they have joint accounts. It's pretty harsh as it happens but it is what it is.

More info here

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/relationships/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/

Really, you need to look up cohabitation rights!

I and many I know who did not marry but cohabited and contributed financially must be exceptions to the law then.

My son, who had cohabited with his g/f in her house for 7 years, has just been awarded £20,000 for improvements to her home from his finances and labour, plus the legal costs involved in bringing the law suit. He is a builder by trade.

She thought the same as you!

The house is now for sale if your interested.

A g/f cohabited with me in my house for 6 months. Her old car gave up the ghost and I purchased her a newish car to travel to work.

On our agreed separation, I requested return of the car, she refused.

After seeking legal advice she returned the car.

Although she had possession and was registered as the owner, I had the proof of purchase.

Don't believe the old wives tale possession is 9/10th of the law.

http://www.lawdonut.co.uk/law/personal-law/divorce-separation-cohabitation/your-cohabitation-rights-living-together-as-a-couple

I see that many of the readers of this missed one major point. She says she is his wife but they are not married. Like many Thai ladies call there friend supporting them there husband. This couple has no Thai marriage certificate! No common law in Thailand...

Edited by Nobb

GAZZPA,

It is extremely convenient that you accept your obligations on occasion,

yes it's extremely convenient because I don't accept an idea of "obligation".

I am sure at work you are told to do something that you don't want

sorry to disappoint you, but I am the boss of my own business.but before when I was an employee I had to follow orders, not because I am "obligated", but because I voluntarily agreed to do the job in exchange of money. neither me nor employer manipulated the opposite side.

And I had a right to terminate this agreement as soon as I wanted. this is a difference between obligation and will.

And yet when you are obliged to do something such as supporting the child in the topic you call it manipulation and you run away under the banner of "I'm a free man, I do what I want".

why am I "obliged"? because other people decided so? I don't care what they think, sorry...

You talk about strength, suggesting your behaviour makes you a strong man.

I never said this. this behavior makes me who I want to be. that's all.

These are not the actions of a strong man, they are the actions of a coward who will not face up to his responsibilities and do the right, moral and decent thing.

BRAVO! BRAVO! classic manipulation. this actions makes me a coward in your eyes. but the problem is I don't care how I look in your eyes. all manipulations imply that victim depends on the opinion of the manipulator. but I am not. That's why such methods don't work for me.

"right, moral and decent thing." - all this worlds are clear signs of manipulation. if somebody say this to you - 90% he or she is trying to manipulate you.

morality - is an complicated complex of ideas which were created by eons of generations in order to manipulate people to act altruistically - in someone else benefit (society, women, kids, elders, disabled, parents etc). moral is good for society but bad for individual.

I simply don't need someone's else opinion about what is right and wrong. I decide it myself.

Label it however you want manipulation, world conspiracy against men by lefties or any other provocative explanation, it doesn't change the fact you are running away.

it does not change the fact that I do what I want and don't give a shit what others think of it. and you can label it "run away" or whatever - I simply don't care.

I label him as a greedy, selfish coward with no regard for his child.

you can even label him as "astronaut" neither I nor him give a shit about it.

These are not the actions of a man and if you aspire to this then I pity you.

again, man's obligation is just a myth which was introduced in your mind in the childhood. objective reality does not know such a thing. same as objective reality does not know "good" and "evil". they are just human labels, which were introduced for specific purpose.

I know of many "strong" women who would feel "obliged" to debate that with you,

the question is would I want to debate anything with them? what for? to prove something? but I don't care what they think, didn't you understand it yet?!

and if you talk about physical fight - I would be happy to try it if the lady is ready. but before that I would ask her to sign a declaration (with a lawyer and 2 witnesses) that in case of physical damage she will not have complains

and for sure it's there a some women stronger than me (but I am ready to try anyway!) - there are a lot of genetic fluctuations in such huge World population. But in general women are weaker sex, like it or not.

lol

cool! but what if I don't want to share my money and at the same time don't want a share of my woman's money?

Nothing to do with feminisits,it's all to do with what's moral and fair.But in your case i believe the spouse would deserve 100% and a gold medal.

not so long time ago it was moral to kill a woman because of her red hair (she is a witch!) so what?

something considered fair now can be considered very unfair 10 years later.

just 50 years ago it was unfair to give away up to 75% or more of assets. and who changed western moral to make it fair? feminists, as we know from history. they pushed all laws to rob men. to parasite on them.

now women don't need to be beautiful, slim, sexy, charming, amiable etc in order to attract men's resources. they can just ask a state to rob men! easy

it's especially good for fat, ugly, old, lesbian women - those who can't be successful on open sexual market. that's why so many of them are feminists

lol

No Timmy,your version of a real,real man,which i am sure you are one,is what the rest of us call a selfish,morally bankrupt individual.

but the problem is we, real real men, don't care of what you, real men, think of us. we live, enjoy our life, use many women, spread our DNA and laugh at you

your wifes are cheating you with guys like us, get pregnant and make you to believe that kids are yours. because they know you are real men. it's easy to make you pay

Edited by TimmyT

The hatred being shown towards women by you and other posters is astonishing.

No doubt if the woman had won and dumped the guy your outrage would be as pathetically vitriolic but still aimed at the woman.

Sad, sad, sad little boys.

I am presuming by your comment that you have found happiness among women.

Good for you,

but,

surely you do not wear blinkers everywhere you go.

You must see things with your own eyes.

Really? What has this woman done to deserve the foul vitriol being hurled at her?

These are not the actions of a man and if you aspire to this then I pity you.

again, man's obligation is just a myth which was introduced in your mind in the childhood. objective reality does not know such a thing. same as objective reality does not know "good" and "evil". they are just human labels, which were introduced for specific purpose.

I know of many "strong" women who would feel "obliged" to debate that with you,

the question is would I want to debate anything with them? what for? to prove something? but I don't care what they think, didn't you understand it yet?!

and if you talk about physical fight - I would be happy to try it if the lady is ready. but before that I would ask her to sign a declaration (with a lawyer and 2 witnesses) that in case of physical damage she will not have complains

and for sure it's there a some women stronger than me (but I am ready to try anyway!) - there are a lot of genetic fluctuations in such huge World population. But in general women are weaker sex, like it or not.

lol

All your complete BS is a total fabrication. Ironically you are you own worst enemy.if you were truly so "free" of what people think then why are you posting dozens of replies to peoples response to your BS.

Simple, because you feel the need to defend yourself so you do give a shit what people think.

Your amateur psychology on mans conditioning from birth is laughable at best and your comments on there is no such thing as good or evil (I assume you mean right and wrong) are the rantings of a man with a childlike mentality.

I can only assume that some woman has screwed you over which is why you are such a weirdo.

You are quite unique in that i do not think I have ever seen anyone argue such ridiculous points so passionately as if they really believed their own BS.

Anyway, talk about giving a shit, I dont really care to bore myself reading or replying to anymore of your crap, you are clearly a bitter man with a closed mind which means you are deaf when it comes to listening to reason.

So, go on with your life, be lonely, unloved, unliked and YES manipulated by the prostitutes you use who are just after your cash, I really couldn't give a shit.

Adios loser.

All your complete BS is a total fabrication. Ironically you are you own worst enemy.if you were truly so "free" of what people think then why are you posting dozens of replies to peoples response to your BS.

because I like discussion. it's a best way for me to relax after working week.

Your amateur psychology on mans conditioning from birth is laughable at best and your comments on there is no such thing as good or evil (I assume you mean right and wrong) are the rantings of a man with a childlike mentality.

I can only assume that some woman has screwed you over which is why you are such a weirdo.

You are quite unique in that i do not think I have ever seen anyone argue such ridiculous points so passionately as if they really believed their own BS.

you are clearly a bitter man with a closed mind which means you are deaf when it comes to listening to reason.

So, go on with your life, be lonely, unloved, unliked and YES manipulated by the prostitutes you use who are just after your cash, I really couldn't give a shit.

Adios loser.

pure emotions, no arguments to refute

Anyway, talk about giving a shit, I dont really care to bore myself reading or replying to anymore of your crap

people say something like this when they run out of arguments. nothing new.

Another upstanding Thai man

Lol

no mate id not have a thai man in the house ( i like to keep what i own ) i do know ive now have come to understand why thai men do not want the thai tarts ))) - hell if he won 35,000 baht took it home said nothing and she found out ---she is liable to kill you for it

thais )))))) look woman don't deserve much!!!!! because put 90% to the test - go to an atm machine with an empty card stick it in try make a withdrawel - you knowing no dollars in it - watch the look of horror on her face))))

NO MATE I WAS NOT BURNT BUT MANY OF MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN ---------With thais give em nothing and take them nowhere thats my rule!!! and i don't appear to get burnt at least not yet!!!!! ---------but iam yet to find a nice gent says i have a great life here the last 10 years and nobody has tried scam me for a penny!

how many guys do you know whom could say that sincerely ???? only sincere and loyal thai - is one that does not give a toss about money ( yours or hers) --------how many thais in thailand 70 million ? well sincerity that i speak off )))) i think in the whole country you'd be battling to fill 7 x 50 seat travel coaches with all the died in the wool sincere ones !

it would be a challenge for sure !

il wager $500 that 7 to 8 from 10 thai woman toss up the hands toss the hubby and take off down the street screaming to budda ''my atm him no good '' no work ((((( me to find another))))) lol lol lol

Sound silly!!!!! -- id like $80 for every time ive seen that situation in thailand since 2003 , id not have to work for the next 3 months ay!

ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHERE THEY'D SELL EACH OTHER UP THE RIVER!!!! FOR $25 __( AND YOU MISTER WESTERNER IS NOT EXEMPT !!

Sounds like someone got burned. A bit bitter are we?

You've got a lot to learn. A woman only has to co-habitat with a man in England for 90 days and she can claim half of his chattel's, including his house.

because I like discussion. it's a best way for me to relax after working week.

you are clearly a bitter man with a closed mind which means you are deaf when it comes to listening to reason.

Adios loser.

pure emotions, no arguments to refute

Anyway, talk about giving a shit, I dont really care to bore myself reading or replying to anymore of your crap

people say something like this when they run out of arguments. nothing new.

No, I said this because you are boring me.

Have I touched a nerve somewhere, is this why you keep replying. Why dont you just stop with your sexist crap and take your bigotry somewhere else.

I have a loving missus, I dont deal with hookers and I take my responsibilities both in work and personal life seriously, I am successful, have a good network of friends and live a very good life. Your nonsense views and lifestyle, which I know you believe are insightful are nothing more then the ratings of a bitter man. You will never convince me of anything except I feel very sad for you. You obviously feel the same, you are not going to rethink your views so no need to waste anymore of each others time.

Now, I am bored again.

in your previous message you sent me an "adios" but still answering...

OK

what do we have here? pure emotions again. are you a woman?

Why dont you just stop with your sexist crap and take your bigotry somewhere else.

because I love to win in a dispute :)

I have a loving missus, I dont deal with hookers and I take my responsibilities both in work and personal life seriously, I am successful, have a good network of friends and live a very good life.

is it a kind of self-hypnosis? "I am rich, I am successful, everybody love me"

women like to marry people like you, who "take responsibilities both in work and personal life seriously". It's so easy to use you, manipulate you, to take your money and to make you support someone's else child...

if you are happy to be used - no one can stop you from being used

Your nonsense views and lifestyle, which I know you believe are insightful are nothing more then the ratings of a bitter man.

pure emotions and insulting. as you can see, I never tried to insult you. when I read your posts i feel not rage, but pity.

You will never convince me of anything except I feel very sad for you.

who said I want?

Another upstanding Thai man

Lol

no mate id not have a thai man in the house ( i like to keep what i own ) i do know ive now have come to understand why thai men do not want the thai tarts ))) - hell if he won 35,000 baht took it home said nothing and she found out ---she is liable to kill you for it

thais )))))) look woman don't deserve much!!!!! because put 90% to the test - go to an atm machine with an empty card stick it in try make a withdrawel - you knowing no dollars in it - watch the look of horror on her face))))

il wager $500 that 7 to 8 from 10 thai woman toss up the hands toss the hubby and take off down the street screaming to budda ''my atm him no good '' no work ((((( me to find another))))) lol lol lol

Sound silly!!!!! -- id like $80 for every time ive seen that situation in thailand since 2003 , id not have to work for the next 3 months ay!

ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHERE THEY'D SELL EACH OTHER UP THE RIVER!!!! FOR $25 __( AND YOU MISTER WESTERNER IS NOT EXEMPT !!

$80 ..... ? Is that a significant number? Women don't deserve much?

"Only country...." ?

"They" ?

Seems like someone travelled from Eutopia expecting an exemption and has been disappointed. Ah well.

Reminds me of an old joke where the Husband comes home and says to his wife " We have just won 10 million pounds on the lottery, pack your bags"

"Oh wonderful" she screams, "where are we going?"

"I don't care, just pack your bags and sod off"

Sorry, leaving now....facepalm.gif

Reminds me of a guy in Canada who won 12 M Dollars but was also more clever. He decided to Divorce his wife first and before he cashed his Wining Lotto Ticket in. Then almost a year after the draw and his Divorce was finalized, and just before the deadline, he cashed in his winning ticket.

When asked by reporters why he didn't claim his prize sooner he claimed he was going through some old shirts recently and found this ticket in his shirt pocket. So he decide for the hell of it to check it and it turned out to be the winning ticket. Unfortunately for him, his story made front page news across the country and his x-wife saw that.

In court he claimed that since he did not know he won this money until after the Divorce, and did not claim his prize then to, he should be allowed to keep that money all to himself. But the Judge he faced was very clever to. He told this man that it didn't matter when he cashed in the ticket or the circumstances leading up to him cashing it. That his ruling is based on him buying this winning ticket which was when he was still married to his x-wife. Thus his ruling was he had to give her 50% of his prize plus interest, and pay all court costs including her legal fees.

After the trial his x-wife was asked how she felt about all this. She just laughed and said she felt like she just won the Lotto. She was also asked about what she thought of her husbands lotto scheming plan. She told the reporter that after the Divorce had her x-husband contacted her and told her he won a Lotto, and wanted to give her 1 Million Dollars, she would have been overly delighted with just that. But with 6 Million Dollars now she said she is more happy about the final outcome. She also told the reporter her next plan was to go on a Singles Cruise. Go Figure?

This week in the UK two wives won a a landmark victory in the Supreme Court, their ex husbands concealed the true extent of their wealth during devoice settlements...

A landmark ruling by the Supreme Court has paved the way for financially deceitful spouses to be sent back to court, where they will be forced to pay their former partners their fair share of matrimonial assets.

The guilty party will also likely have to cough up for the legal costs.

The ruling related to big-money cases brought by two wronged wives - Varsha Gohil and Alison Sharland - who had proof their husbands had been dishonest about their finances at the time of their divorce proceedings.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3275915/Are-entitled-bigger-divorce-settlement-landmark-Supreme-Court-ruling-means.html

As I seem to recall in Thailand something like only 10% of marriages are properly documented.

Most others are a simple marriage ceremony probably conducted by the village elders with no trip to the Ampur to get it formalised, I feel in such cases they should be treated as common law marriages, call the village elders as witnesses.