Distressing Call - ex-wife in jail, son alone

M&M

Hi,

Just tried my weekly call to my son.

Someone other that my ex-wife answered and told me she was in trouble. Gone to Monkey House... we all know what that means.

My 10 year old son is apparently alone or with an aunty.

Any advice as to how I could verify the story (my ex has played some nasty tricks before) before I hop on a plane or think about what I can do for my boy?

M&M

I would try to get whoever answers phone to provide details - even if you have to use translation service or phone while in a Thai restaurant and have someone there talk. They may be able to provide contact number for son also. If you have friends who can check for you this would be the time to ask there help.

have you any friends in ''Thailand'' or where your son is ?? if so get them to go around and check it out...?? or even get someone Thai to call..

she could be playing tricks, but on the other hand it could be the truth....

hope you find out soon, as it must be praying on your mind...

best of luck..

Just avoid any knee jerk reaction. like jumping on a plane. I would try and explore all options in my head first......Say she is in the Monkey House. For what? For how long?.......Is there a proposed solution on there part like sending money?......even if it were true. What could you really do about it?.....Can you afford to come here for a protracted time and get custody? If she is in for a certain time I think you can. But could you then take him home with you? does he have a passport from your home country yet?........Lots of information needed and like you wrote, she is a tricky witch......It may be cheaper to send an amount over abd then if and rather when she does it again, with another scam idea you will know its just a game.....

I suppose a lawyer can figure it out for you.

Just asking(!): does anyone has practical experience with one of those private investigators?

I'm thinking the same thing. Don't hire a lawyer, hire a PI to dig into what is 'really' happening. PIs work with discretion.

If true, don't worry too much about your son; family takes care of family in Thailand. It's a hell of a lot better than the West where Child Protective Services gets involved and your kid ends up in the foster care system which is a nightmare. A ward of the State instead of being care for my family or even close friends of the family. That is one of the positives that Thailand has going for it, imho.

Where in Thailand?

Edited by connda

Hi,

Understand yr misery. My wife and I are always willing to help free of charge. In this case, the following would help;

1.phone number of yr home in Thailand where yr wife and child normally live

2. Town and amphur of residence (so we can check the police stations)

3. The name she goes by

Best regards,

Ian

Hi,

Understand yr misery. My wife and I are always willing to help free of charge. In this case, the following would help;

3. The name she goes by

Best regards,

Ian

Wow, this is how ThaiVisa should run, Helping people out, Kudos to you both, Stand up couple...

Contact Rose. Pattaya 20 years. Very reliable and trustworthy. Well known.

Very well done. I have book marked this. A person/service such as this could and would have come in handy for me when dealing with an issue a friend of mine had a few years ago while he was in Thailand and I was in the states. A contact and "eyes on the ground" as they say would have been very useful.

The very fact, that "Auntie" is taking care of the boy is good news. "Auntie" will probably take better care of the boy than the "Trickster-Mom".

Longer term, "Auntie" may ask you for some financial support for the boy. If the amount is reasonable = pay monthly.

If the same request should come from the "Monkey-House" (Bailout Money), don't send a single satang.

Cheers.

After my girl and her mother kicked me out (because i refused to fund)

their -get rich quick- schemes that always failed, i got some e-mails

from the ex by mistake, after i left and made it known there was no

way i would ever return, they panicked as no money was available,

back to village life for them, my ex went on-line and to a girly bar to

pleasure as many lonely men as she could, then sent them all e-mails.

I am pregnant from you, send me 15,000 baht for abortion, the e-mail

even contained (forged) paperwork, if not send money i tell your wife

and i go to police,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the moral,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

relax a bit, don't panic, let the dust settle then talk to people, it will all be O.K.

so many people trying to help...

.. yet the OP signed off 50min after the post and did not come back yet...

would not any of you guys stay online and answer questions to people who want to help?

strange behaviour...

Hi,

3. The name she goes by

Best regards,

Ian

You are a champion, if you are real bless you.